• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
v2_12_zpse6af4030.png

Mind the date.
Queen Victoria's coronation ceremony must have been very expensive.

Bumping this thread with an interesting crop of bizarre junk from recent games.

dnhUY5x.png

Such as a sphereling being at war with their overlord thanks to fun with alliances.

8FDJJbl.png

The famous Ionian-Tibetan Peace Accords of 1852.

b1JKh2q.png

Double-sphered nations thanks to some nonsense involving the add to sphere and puppet wargoal.

GRjPrXE.png

Negative unemployment rates. Or whatever these -322 craftsmen might entail.

sRLpIgX.jpg

Dynasty Warriors: Victoria Edition

I won, and it's almost certainly a display error (...I hope), but I think Vishvanath just going Lu Bu on my army is more amusing.
The similarities don't end there, once you research breach loading rifles and above Vicky also becomes Chinese Genocide Simulator

v2_36.png

The UK and OE ? It's complicated, the ottomans are at peace while being at war, they're at war with the UK while being allied with them. Of course I did what was logical and gave the UK war subsidies...

Can I see what appears to be a beautiful Ottoman Empire? :)

v2_12_zpse6af4030.png

Mind the date.

Let me guess, they got mobbed in the Dutch-Belgian war? I had that happen in my USA game, by the end of the war British Guyana was gone, Canada was an independent democracy allied to me, British Columbia was rolled into Russian North America (consequently, in this universe, Seward's Folly was called Seward's a bloody genius) And France and Prussia forced GB to disarm, their were at least a dozen revolutions before they ended up as a democracy and stalwart US ally. Hilarity ensued. Careful though, get ready for BBB.

So I finally got into Vic2 after buying it a few months ago. It was a bit overwhelming but with the help of a tutorial/walkthrough on Youtube and easy difficulty I finally got some success as the USA.

I found this pretty ironic:

63AC14EADCECCDD774D9F18250D558E3B80C03B5

v2_36.png

The UK and OE ? It's complicated, the ottomans are at peace while being at war, they're at war with the UK while being allied with them. Of course I did what was logical and gave the UK war subsidies...

If you did that OE without silly blobbing I tip my hat to you sir

GRjPrXE.png

Negative unemployment rates. Or whatever these -322 craftsmen might entail.
Simple consequence of how labour statistics are counted: a higher percentage of people polled responded with having a job, than being in the work force.

I could be wrong, but in real life its technically possible (but so unlikely) that after seasonal adjustments to unemployment rate that the rate could be negative. Though given that outside of war no country has had below 2 or 3% unemployment, and given the reasons for seasonal adjustments, this would never actually happen.

I could be wrong, but in real life its technically possible (but so unlikely) that after seasonal adjustments to unemployment rate that the rate could be negative.
You are wrong. Unemployment rates either are a series of guesstimations, or based on how many people receive unemployment benefits.

Though given that outside of war no country has had below 2 or 3% unemployment
Ask Vatican City. ((Since being a Vatican citizen is directly linked to either working for the pope, being the pope or being a retired pope/employee, unemployment is zero by definition. There are no natives within Vatican City's borders either.))

You are wrong. Unemployment rates either are a series of guesstimations, or based on how many people receive unemployment benefits.
Actually you are wrong here, I don't know how seasonal adjustments are calculated, but the official unemployment rate is based on polling data from the labour department:
Once a month they call 2000 random people and ask them the following questions (they ask many more than just these two, this is just the two used for calculating the unemployment rate):
Do you currently have a job.

If yes:
Are you working full time or part time.

If no:
Are you currently looking for a job. (these aren't the exact wordings, but its just to get the idea)

The percentage of respondents answering out of work and looking for a job represents the current unemployment rate (those who say they're not looking for a job aren't counted at all). HOWEVER, to compensate for differences in the time of year (Regardless of economic conditions, November will generally have around 200,000 more jobs created in it then January for any given year), unemployment is adjusted based on the month of the year, these are called seasonal adjustments.

Ask Vatican City. ((Since being a Vatican citizen is directly linked to either working for the pope, being the pope or being a retired pope/employee, unemployment is zero by definition. There are no natives within Vatican City's borders either.))
lol

He's the Danish Nelson - I'm probably exaggerating when I call him the greatest admiral ever, however - He was a great admiral. The greatest admiral ever was probably Yi Sun-si or someone like that. However, Niels Juel would probably be in the top 5.
It's funny because its Niels juul- a US congressman, who was also born in denmark

i lie you sorry i will make real siam usa
I understand that Siamballs are desperate to get Siam into space. However, this thread is dedicated to strange stuff the AI did (and sorry, AI Siam using the Yanks as their punchball is just too strange) - player caused strange stuff has it's place in the 'My <insert game here> Empire' threads.

Actually you are wrong here [...]
Probably depends on your country too. Most European countries got mandatory unemployment insurances (usually paid by your employer), telling your government how many people got a job precisely. If you've got no job, but like to have one, you're receiving unemployment benefits (who says no to money?) - another precise figure. There's no need to guesstimate seasonal differences, since you've got precise numbers. Since there cannot be less than zero people receiving unemployment benefits (nor less than zero people employed), negative unemployment rates are impossible here by definition.

Countries without government-driven mandatory unemployment insurances guesstimate. However, any government pulling seasonal differences into the main unemployment rate looks just shady here. Seasonal differences are in the same category as economic conditions - these people aren't unemployed by choice, but by the way certain industry sectors work. Either way, since negative unemployment rates are impossible outside of statistics, a negative unemployment rate effectively proves your formula wrong.