• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also posted this in the Bug Reports forum. Notice the ideology of the Phillipines' current ruling party:
V2_141.jpg

Also, you can't tell by this picture, but that's about the tenth or so Brother's War between Austria and Prussia/Germany. Austria loses every time, but Germany keeps starting it again a few years later. :wacko:

Is that commie-Scandinavia as the 8th GP?

Yes, Sweden knocked Russia out of GP status earlier, then formed Scandinavia after I got Spain to give some territory back to Denmark. Long story. :rofl: Anyway, the communists took over some time after that.

Edit: Also, if you look up at the list of countries fighting in the war, you can see the commie Papal States. :D

I have also heard many state that Portugal is a Spanish Province. Seriously makes me wonder what they are teaching in your normal american school.

Oh well, i had a university prof talking about the 52 american states in front of a fully occupied reading-hall (~100 students) - and not one student stood up to correct him. In fact, a quick poll in my student´s home, that i undertook following this, just to see if people really didnt know any better (and were not just cowards wimps like me), resulted in a bet, that granted me a crate of beer a couple of days later. Though my bet-partner was very reluctant to admit he was wrong and tried to bring up stuff like puerto rico and guam. And all that despite the fact, that we all know the song ´51st state of america´ by ´fury in the slaughterhouse´ and everyone can count stars...

(EDIT: Missed a page and the MOD-comment - sorry for that. Please dont respond to this, if the mod decides to be merciful for my oversight and doesnt delete this)

Reactions:
>>Jazumir

I thought "Lower 48" is American common sense...
-----------------------------
Prussia and Austria fought Brother's War all the time... resulting in some really ugly borders like Czechoslovakia belongs to Prussia while the lower part of Poland (can't recall that name) still belongs to Austria

anyone noticed that there are bugs with the ressourcemap (i mean this with the railroads)? i saw fish in afrika without sea ocean or some water and there was gold in transvaal but you only see grain on that terrotories.

>>Astraeus
How did you took other's capital?

and first post since you registered in August last year?:D

Haha yeh, I never really bothered posting before. xD I just registered for the forum access. :p

The way I got Washington was, I fought a war for the CSA against the USA to add Washington to them. Some time later I ended up in a war against the CSA, and since it's not their capital, I annexed it off them. :cool:

That video was always good for a laugh. Dumb ass American education system. As long as you can count to 10 and know the alphabet you're good to go. Pathetic.

Well I won't argue with you on the state of the bloated and pathetic education system in the States but i would argue that I think the trend is more universal than it's being painted. People everywhere don't care about nor have much knowledge of history (especially) or geography ... whether pertaining to their own country or internationally. Although ... it makes me literally ill when I see people (specifically Americans) not capable of answer questions like

"When did the American Civil War start?"
A.) 2005
B.) 1861
C.) 1776
D.) December 25: 0 AD
E.) All of the above

And as for what's being taught ... seems to be some differences. We didn't cover the American revolution except for a couple small notes. Basically the history taught to us revolved around American Indians, Slavery, and the Holocaust. Spent more time on those things than everything else combined. :wacko:

As already posted, take the Offtopic discussion on education systems to the OT forums, please.

V2_11.jpg

There was definitely no collateral damage when we went after the rebel scum. None whatsoever. We just... killed some of them more than once. Yeah.

victoria-2.jpg

wut

i'm gonna cah in those leadership points to go ahead but it looks like a tie:eek::D

Slovenc, what do we need to pay attention to? I don't get it. And if you're wondering why you aren't 8th GP, then answer is simple - you need to wait 180 days or whatever it was to get the 8th spot. If the 8th spot holder doesn't get enough points in those 180 days, then he looses his spot.

Slovenc, what do we need to pay attention to? I don't get it. And if you're wondering why you aren't 8th GP, then answer is simple - you need to wait 180 days or whatever it was to get the 8th spot. If the 8th spot holder doesn't get enough points in those 180 days, then he looses his spot.

Is it that Chile has a higher rank than Spain, but Spain is still a GP? That's how it works.