• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Germany's going to be turning into a real mess of influence shortly. Four German GPs! Also, Russia's been kicked out of the club for the past twenty years or so. This is with A Pop Divided.

yfro4oH.jpg

LOVE IT, very Hoi2

Does APD allow changes of country names into kingdoms and empires then? Poor old Switzerland, what did they do to upset anyone!

I'm in the middle of a game as Netherlands and this happened.

8EA8B8E53967C8DE9871F8F4510C29BF6572291D

2C985D48C6A6A2C33344E1DD97FED34D56F13AC6

Now for the veteran player this might not think much of this, but for me this is a complete game changer. 350 hours or so into the game and I have never seen something like this happen without my direct involvement, and I had very little to to with it all. I actually allied with Prussia in the beginning and took Alsace-Lorraine, but Prussia in this game has been utterly incompetent. They had no military focus at all, and when the French decided to reclaim A-L, I bailed on Prussia because we had nothing that could withstand the French horde.

France has, in general, been very agressive in this game. That is the second surprising thing to me. Early on they took a bit of Spain, and after reclaiming A-L they took even more of the Rhine area. Then things went quiet for a while, but in the second half of the 1880's i discovered that Polish nationalists had managed to form Poland with two provinces. Almost as soon as I noticed, Russia went to war with Poland and gave one province back to Prussia. Prussia tried to take the last one, but by that time I had befriended them and went into the war on Polish side and managed to restore it. Poland has since taken a second province back on its own.

The third strange thing, something i suddenly discovered during these Polish wars, was that France had claimed Ostpreussen, which doesn't make any sense at all. Shortly thereafter, Austria took Westpreussen. France didn't like that, so they fought Austria (and me) and claimed that province as well.

It must have been around here Germany was formed, consisting of (as far as I can tell) mainly Bavaria and Hanover, with the rest av the minor German states (Braunschweig being slightly larger after some teritory gained as my ally) scattered about. It's a mess. Neither Germany or Prussia is connected now. The new Germany is haunted by both Mecklenburgian nationalists and (even though it makes no sense) Pan-German nationalists. I'm fighting them off for now, not knowing exacly what I want to happen with these nations. Prussia is struggeling with yet another outbreak of communists, is on 16th place and is in Scandinavia's sphere. The thing is: I need decent allies against the French (being practicly uncontested on the continent now) but I don't want a large neighbour in the east.

Also: why do pan-German nationalists occupy German territory? What will happen if I let them win? Will they form Germany again? Will Germany grow? Prussia hade some pan-German rebels as well (see Rhine area), but i think they were defeated by the communists. I dunno..

Last edited:
Question

I've been checking all the images, working back from this page. I'm at page 85 and I'm noticing that most people have an interface background that's purple and smokey/stoney looking, like the images above, but others have a wood-grain looking panels.

Is this a mod of some sort?

Question

I've been checking all the images, working back from this page. I'm at page 85 and I'm noticing that most people have an interface background that's purple and smokey/stoney looking, like the images above, but others have a wood-grain looking panels.

It's a DLC.

Question

Changed in AHD as far as I recall.

Changed in AHD as far as I recall.

Was the Old Vic DLC, which was never updated to AHD. Paradox gave people who'd bought it a discount on the expansion.

2 million chinese casualties in 7 months, and another 7 years of warfare before this finally ended

2012111700027.jpg

2012121300005.jpg

Anyone else ever wish that you could effect the war modifier by more then +-25% through battles?

They really should remove that +25 limit.... losing 2 million men, ouch.

Final war causalties put the Chinese somewhere around 8-14 million dead (atleast my highest estimate put them at 22 million but when I looked back through the save I think that might have been a bit high. Of course I did reduce the Chinese army from 2312 standing regiments to 21 and that isn't counting militia so ya, really wish they would get rid of that +25 limit, would have given me an extra 10 years to go deal with the rest of the world)