• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
6B8349CBE55382878D3AE18276B02F2BD1B8C98F

Maybe not that strange, but still.

The world is in a bit of a mess right now

Last edited:
Ok this is what happened. Russia attacked Austria to take back a core, and the UK joined them. When Russia was busy down in the south I took the chance and attacked Russia to get Finland back. Then Great wars were discovered, turning both of the wars into great ones. Then Italy attacked Austria to get Lombardia, I honored my alliance and joined them. With the odds now being massivly against me I called in the US.

Austria lost to Russia, but by the time the Russian armies cam back up to battle my invasion the UK (alliance leader) sued for peace with me giving me northeren Finland. Shortly afterwards Both France and Austria sued for peace (not by my doing, I didn't do much against them, so that would have all been Italy and the US' doing. So I managed to win all that. By pure luck, had the UK not sued I would probably have had a hard time fighting off the russians

So while I did get away with that. the war I just ended didn't go as well as I had hoped. I won it, but at a rather insane cost.

Armenia broke freem from the Ottomans and I got them into my sphear. I then decided to attack Russia to liberate the Armenian cores they had. They were allied with France who sadly became the alliance leader. it took me 9 years! 9 YEARS of war to force them to give up 2 small regions.

DC6B58438052D442DB6AF6E477A6E759E8C36259

This is how much of Russia I had occupied before the peace. And I destroyed about 2 million enemy soldiers in 6 HUGE battles alone.

I hardly got any WE, but still. 9 years and 1/3 of russia!

So while I did get away with that. the war I just ended didn't go as well as I had hoped. I won it, but at a rather insane cost.

Armenia broke freem from the Ottomans and I got them into my sphear. I then decided to attack Russia to liberate the Armenian cores they had. They were allied with France who sadly became the alliance leader. it took me 9 years! 9 YEARS of war to force them to give up 2 small regions.

DC6B58438052D442DB6AF6E477A6E759E8C36259

Where did you get all of your POPs?

This is how much of Russia I had occupied before the peace. And I destroyed about 2 million enemy soldiers in 6 HUGE battles alone.

I hardly got any WE, but still. 9 years and 1/3 of russia!
25 Million as Scandinavia is quite a lot. Did you colonize a lot of Africa?, or is it just population growth and immigration to Scandinavia.
Planning a Scandinavia game myself, and beating Russias military is the one thing I wonder how to do.

Yeah I took most of the colonizable parts of Africa, and I managed to get a healthcare reform in during the liberal revolts at the start of the game for pop growth.

Personally for fighting Russia I suggest waiting until 1870 when you get machineguns and then force the russians to attack my fortified locations, wearing them down

French Rebel assault on Normandy > D-Day

v2_218.jpg

yes... that's 597,000 rebels in one territory.