• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Russian Brunei.

Also, playing as the USA, the decisive battle in a war over Alaska was fought...

On Aalands Have. 15k American soldiers vs. 50k Russians that I accidently let through (but made sure not to let out). Took months and gave me 35 or so warscore, as all the soldiers perished.

Around 3,500. I think AHD is designed so that you can't have WC. I did everything to milimize militant, and still every 2 years or so. 2000-3000 rebels show up.

Really? I though that AHD would reduce rebellions...

But the war justification system makes it 10 times more frustrating/annoying/tedious to do WCs: you can only justify 1 war at a time, and you can't justify war when you have a truce. If you want to break a truce, you'll have to justify while the war is still going on, peace, and DOW again(does this even work?)

But the war justification system makes it 10 times more frustrating/annoying/tedious to do WCs: you can only justify 1 war at a time, and you can't justify war when you have a truce.

I'm actually very okay with this ... as the game is not really suppose to represent a WC era. So my hat is off to Paradox, and thanks for confirming this as well ...

*shrug* Honestly, I think it's a good thing. WC should be very, very difficult, if not flat out impossible, as it was IRL.
For a small island nation like Britain it would be totally impossible. I can only imagine the Soviet Union or USA as superpowers ever being near powerfull enough to do it.

For a small island nation like Britain it would be totally impossible. I can only imagine the Soviet Union or USA as superpowers ever being near powerfull enough to do it.

The problem with USA or Russia in V2 AHD is they start small or limited in their power projection and have to catch up to Britain first in order to go on a serious conquest spree. Britain I figure is the only one with a chance before 1936 of doing a WP.

The problem with USA or Russia in V2 AHD is they start small or limited in their power projection and have to catch up to Britain first in order to go on a serious conquest spree. Britain I figure is the only one with a chance before 1936 of doing a WP.
In game Britain is powerfull in 1836 yes, but historicaly Britain was nowhere close to doing a WC. Most importantly they did not have the land army to do it. In ww1 they barely won, and then with the help of two other GPs. My point is that Britain in no way should be able to do a WC as they would not be able to conquer Europe alone. The only powers that should be able to do it, in the game, should be a powerfull Russia or unified Germany.

After testing out, I find that there are several gamey tactics to do as close a world conquest as possible, playing either as France, Germany, or UK in AHD. Of the 3, Germany stands the best chance.

1. They have Ruhr boom (no pop decline)
2. Great Germany saves you a lot of hassle, since it consists of numerous small states
3. Its location at center Europe solves the logistical problem of invading Russia.
4. They have jingoism & pro-military conservative parties.

The tactics are:
1. Research steamer tech as your first tech. Grab Zulu and Tunisia early while warring Austria for power projection.
2. Grab strategically located French's Africa and West Indies colonies early.
3. War England and Russia simultaneously early, after done dealing with France and Australia.
4. Always target GPs with multiple allied spherings.
5. Do humi + conquest war combination.

All these, I can manage (see screenshots), but I can't manage rebel. By 1900 or so, I have 1.75G pop, 4,500 brigades of standing army, highly concentrated in strategically important location. But 2000-3000 rebels pop up every 2 years or so ALL OVER THE WORLD. It is really frustrating...

Before you ask, I have done everything to minimize militant, but with constant warfare, it will goes up regardless...