• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I get that it's a different language and all, but really, what were they THINKING when they named these lakes?

Well, that's Japan. Besides, no discussion of odd place names would be complete without mention of Moron, Mongolia :D

I get that it's a different language and all, but really, what were they THINKING when they named these lakes?

Obviously, they weren't considering what slang words for certain bodily fluids, body parts, and insults would be in English in the 21st century when naming these lakes in their native languages.

Well they should have. I mean, they'd had Nostradamus already, couldn't they have just puzzled it out of a quatrain somewhere? :)

h53si.jpg

Chine westernised and her substates didnt want to join, was other fun stuff in europe in that game but this was the best

From a lost game (lost meaning I cannot see how can I recover to GP status and then form Italy).

I got besieging myself!

(No, rebels were besieging the province, I just paused the moment I won the battle).

And then I got a CB against myself!

- We, ze German Empire, need more ports!
- Shall we take Antwerp, Mein Kaizer, or perhaps Rotterdam?
- No...we shall take Karachi!

The old world is too crowded, with only coal and wheat, no luxury items like Silk and Tea!
The German people, under the warmongering chancellorship of Bismark, had decided to slowly move to China en-mass! :rofl:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75705911@N04/7054344413/

p/s: ETA @ final destination, another 10 years or so...