• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I do believe he is using the Pop-Demand Mod (the Grand Duchy of Finland is released as a satellite by default to represent its historical autonomy and lack of actual Russian colonization), as well as my TAG mod.

Not necessarily. I once saw Finland break free from Russia when Russia was completely shattered by all of those late game rebellions they always seem to have.

Though they are in an alliance with each other, so yours might be more likely :p

Hmm, it seems these Austrians and Hungarians have a hard time deciding whether they want to be independent or not.
SillyBorders.png

Im glad I can say that the borders look much nicer by now, Hungaria has conquered most of what was Austria and Austria-Hungary
And another one. Those silly Bulgarians don't seem to know that I'm actually fighting for their independence and decided to just attack anything in sight.
SillyBulgarians.png

Clarify.png

Last edited:
THIS IS NOT MADNESS. THIS. IS. A HOUSE DIVIDED!

On a more serious note, I've never had any measure of success playing Greece. I really want to though...

THIS IS NOT MADNESS. THIS. IS. A HOUSE DIVIDED!

On a more serious note, I've never had any measure of success playing Greece. I really want to though...

Im have currently almost finished this game and formed the byzantine empire. What worked for me is establishing a large colonial empire and techonological advantage.
You can conquer Tunis and parts of egypt (The Dumyat region is a nice region to build a naval base for colonial purposes in east Africa) right from the start.
Since egypt disbands most of their army and will also be attacked by the ottomans it is quite easy to take a lot of land from them.
As soon as you hit 1870 you should start colonizing as much of africa as possible and perhaps conquer ethiopia and parts of egypt. All these colonies give you the manpower needed to defeat the Ottomans. These colonies along with some prestige techonologies will also give you great power status which you can use to gather some allies or remove any influence from the Ottoman empire to prevent another great power from sphering them.
Another thing you should try is increasing relations with other large nations like austria to make them help you against the Ottomans. Due to proper managing of literacy etc you can also establish a massive technological advantage which you can eventually use to build and advanced navy. Once you beat the Ottomans at sea fighting them becomes much easier since you can also block any armies from moving between Turkey and Europe. Besides, blockading all their ports also gives some nice warscore. The key to beat the Ottomans is mostly patience. Just wait till you become a great power and establish a colonial empire. Then you can easily crush the Ottomans.
If you start colonizing as early as possible you can aquire about 1/3 of Africa which should give plenty of manpower. When in need of an army you can always encourage soldiers in a populous colony.

Oh. Is that all? :blink:

But I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Hmm, it seems these Austrians and Hungarians have a hard time deciding whether they want to be independent or not.
SillyBorders.png

Im glad I can say that the borders look much nicer by now, Hungaria has conquered most of what was Austria and Austria-Hungary
And another one. Those silly Bulgarians don't seem to know that I'm actually fighting for their independence and decided to just attack anything in sight.
SillyBulgarians.png

Clarify.png

Is that Italian Rheinland?

I conquered most of it, and the CSA finished it off by "restoring order" to DC.

I also conquered all of Spain.

But what I meant to show is that Orissa has a better military than Russia

This map should clear things up...

what is orissa?

your infamy?

have you tried to conquer all the world until you are alone? what'd happen then?

what is orissa?

your infamy?

have you tried to conquer all the world until you are alone? what'd happen then?

Orissa is one of my Indian puppets.

My infamy is somewhere in the 3000s. Unfortunately, I don't think I can get it to be over 9000 by the end of the game...

I will try to conquer until I am the only country remaining. After that, it'll just be rebel hunting and turning colonies into states for the rest of the game

Been trying to do the CSA again in 1861 start after a brutal rage the last time I tried it. The result is the following that made me ragequit again. Ladies and gentlemen, Robert E Lee.

m6f6g.jpg

General Lee: Mr. President, Gentlemen of the convention, I'm profoundly impressed by the solemnity of the occasion for which, I must say, I was not prepared. I accept the position assigned me by your partiality. I would have much preferred had your choice fallen on an abler man. But trusting to Almighty God, an approving conscience, and the aid of my fellow citizens, I devote myself to the service of my native State, in whose behalf alone will I ever again draw my sword.

And so began the day that Robert E Lee would assume command of the Army of Northern Virginia and go to war against the United States. With him went the hopes and dreams of over 8 million Confederate citizens. Without Lee, they had no chance of success. With Lee, the Confederacy dreamed of freedom.

5 Days Later

m7ymw4.jpg

Lost Cause or epic fail? Either way, I am disgruntled.

Last edited: