• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I was not playing Austria, I just switched to them for the SS. (I had no interference at all)

Rebels really are far too powerful...

v22.png

We have Venice, Lombardia and Slovakia so far, and most likely more to come! (All independent nations)

EDIT: Big image :eek:

Lol ive formed italy and been picking italy apart. Prussia took Moravia and Bohemia and triol, and then formed germany. Sloakia and croatia went independent. Croatia went to war to acquire Slovenia and actually won. by this point Austria is land locked and ive liberated Half of Austrian Poland. I want to liberate all of Poland, north Serbia and then maybe hungary.

The way I look at it is this. The English control Ireland, Wales, and Scotland. Its not a joint union by any stretch, never has been, regardless of what they will tell you. So in my mind, its always 'England'

Sure, because Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland totally don't have their own devolved legislatures, their MPs can't vote on English domestic issues while English MPs can do the same on theirs, and all three aren't subsidized by England.

It's almost as bad as the British possession of the Falklands!

Sure, because Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland totally don't have their own devolved legislatures, their MPs can't vote on English domestic issues while English MPs can do the same on theirs, and all three aren't subsidized by England.

Or like Gibraltar; heaven knows they've been clamouring to break away.[/sarcasm]

Anyways, here's something that'll get a little laugh (this was when APD was still building up its economy):

19722u.jpg

<digs up referendum information on North Ireland in 1973, Fawklands General Assembly, Gibralter in 1988, upcomming Scottish referendum and Jamaican republic elections>

Politics is Politics, but certainly, the UK does not have a modern history of forcing any region to stay British, or under the crown. Feelings run hot in those areas by vocal minorities, or by americans who love their "heritage" but don't understand modern ossues in the area. [/rant]

back on topic: nice Seluko, I have still yet to see Austria break up, or the Ottomans, more than 1 or 2 states.

England could of easily supressed Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland to our system. They have a lot to thank us for. im confused about falklands part, you for us owning it or not?

Except, you know, when you ask anyone from there who isn't a dullard.

Americans calling the UK England is no worse than British calling all Americans "Yankees".

Also, the tag for the UK in-game is ENG

would be more ironic if it said Greece gone bankrupt :p

What's even funnier is that I own 90% of the Greeks now (well, not anymore; had to stop the game because economy was out of whack; I'm going to wait until the APD economy is at least 99% fixed), and also the fact that the Americans owe the Ottomans money. That within itself is lulzy.

Americans calling the UK England is no worse than British calling all Americans "Yankees".

Also, the tag for the UK in-game is ENG

1. the Kingdom of England was merged with the Kingdom of Scotland, the Kingdom of Ireland, and the Provinces of Wales; it's an extinct country that, foolishly, many cling onto for some unknown reason.

2. 'Yankee' is a derogatory term to someone silly enough to break away from something with relative ease and boisterous noise. We raised taxes just once, just once, and you all went crazy; I've been to Yankee-land from New York to Chicago, and trust me, you all fit the description quite nicely. Now, lets put an end to the politics and start finding strange screen-shots, yes?

New York to Chicago is less than half the country, so I fail to see how you can say that "you all fit the description quite nicely".

Furthermore, you are kind of forgetting about various other taxes and things the British did, ie., the Sugar Act (which was a tax), the Stamp Act (which was another tax), the Townshend Acts (which was a series of taxes), the Tea Act (which essentially legitimized the Townshend Acts), the Quebec Act (which gave land that was promised to New York, Pennsylvania, and Virginia to the French), the Port Act (which punished the entire city of Boston for the actions of a few individuals), the Massachusetts Government Act (which essentially suspended democracy in Massachusetts), and that's just icing on top of the cake of what the British did.

In fact, I'm not even sure where you got the impression that the British only raised taxes once from at all. They introduced a number of different taxes on different goods.

Last edited:
Actually, the terms 'England' and 'Britain' were synonymous until the 1930s or so. That's why the Oxford History of England actually covers the whole of Wales, Scotland and England; it ought to be called 'The Oxford History of Britain' really.

So in that way, referring to it exclusively as 'British' is an anachronism :p

New York to Chicago is less than half the country, so I fail to see how you can say that "you all fit the description quite nicely".

Furthermore, you are kind of forgetting about various other things the British did, ie. the Quebec Act, which gave land that was promised to New York, Pennsylvania, and Virginia to the French, the Port Act, which punished the entire city of Boston for the actions of a few individuals, the Massachusetts Government Act which essentially suspended democracy in Massachusetts, and that's just icing on top of the cake of what the British did.

lol, the Quebec act gave the land to Quebec and allowed religious toleration for Catholics, but the colonists couldn't stand the fact that they would be bordered by Catholics. The "claims" of New York, Pennsylvania, and Virginia extended to the Pacific due to the charters(which is really ridiculous). It also tried to stop colonists from displacing and thus killing the Native Americans in the area.

Edit: I'm glad you didn't mention the "No Taxation without representation" nonsense, since they paid much lower taxes than mainland Brits and having MPs would not help much anyway.

Last edited:
England could of easily supressed Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland to our system. They have a lot to thank us for. im confused about falklands part, you for us owning it or not?

For. And the first half was all the opposite of what's true.

I did actually post a screenshot from a bankrupt Greece a few pages back.

Furthermore, you are kind of forgetting about various other taxes and things the British did, ie., the Sugar Act (which was a tax), the Stamp Act (which was another tax), the Townshend Acts (which was a series of taxes), the Tea Act (which essentially legitimized the Townshend Acts), the Quebec Act (which gave land that was promised to New York, Pennsylvania, and Virginia to the French), the Port Act (which punished the entire city of Boston for the actions of a few individuals), the Massachusetts Government Act (which essentially suspended democracy in Massachusetts), and that's just icing on top of the cake of what the British did.

In fact, I'm not even sure where you got the impression that the British only raised taxes once from at all. They introduced a number of different taxes on different goods.

1. The North is, generally, considered the tip-top of the American cake, with the South being the general lower parts, and the West being generally cupcakes and cookies of the bunch.

2. Tell me, do you go down to Congress whenever they/the people responsible raise the taxes on postage stamp and subsequently shoot up the place in 'revolutionary fervour'? No? Then you have your answer right there. Oh, and those were justified; they were taxes from the war made to protect you during the French-Native American War, which were aimed at annexing you to an absolute monarchy. Again, thank you, King and Parliament.

3. Once in generally a long time; from what I can see and heard of, the colonists had much lower taxes then the rest of the British possessions; in fact, I should go back in time and create the 'Occupy Boston' protest and have British loyalists protest the low taxes for the colonists and the high taxes for the motherland.

2h3cwv7.jpg

These Bolivians were under the control of the Argentinians, and then a revolution flared and allowed for them to be released; however, they decided to opt out of turning towards the Peru-Bolivian Confederation (now named 'Andres Republic').

In fairness in the 1700s the UK was about 2 months from the colonies which is a considerable delay. I doubt the Rebellion would have happened if people could complain directly to the king and parliment instead of having a four month turn around for conversations.

In game this would be a problem for Brazil which didn't get around to connecting the country by telegraph until the 1890s. Do any players know if Rondon and his expeditions are modeled in game?

All this anti-British and anti-American talk should stop. Look, we all know that if it wasn't for us "Yanks" the "British" would be speaking German right now. Let's let go and look to the future, before we all speak Chinese. LOL

we all know that if it wasn't for us "Yanks" the "British" would be speaking German right now

Actually, we can thank ourselves(and polish and empire volunteers) for that, see the Battle of Britain. :)

You'd be better off taking that argument to the French, but you still have to share credit with the Soviets.