• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh gosh how that would have been an awesome pic for him...

+1 internetz to you sir.

Perhaps this is fairly common to veterans in this game, but after trying very hard in one of my first games to keep my great power status as Belgium, and failing, I was irritated to no end by the following, a few in-game years later:

attachment.php

Ecuador? Really? Ecuador suddenly has more industrial power than Sweden? The Netherlands? Belgium? What?

I'm playing right now as the USA and Equador is in the exact same place as it is for you, it was odd. I did beat them in a war for panama though.

I've always felt bad for Morocco. :( Maybe I should play a game as them and conquer the face of Africa!

I've always felt bad for Morocco. :( Maybe I should play a game as them and conquer the face of Africa!

if you survive past 1860 you should get a medal.

I had one game where none declared war on Morocco until like 1860 or so, most surprising thing ever... And I see Americans breaching into Morocco so frequently... why, just why, America?

2011100600001.jpg

Formed Saudi Arabia as the Ottoman Empire; did not save, because I don't want to give up my Asiri and Hedjazi territories. If the Kingdom of Nedj wants to become the full-fledged nation of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, they'll have to do it on their own terms.

... Or if I get bored again.

Such a funny thing happened with my game today, such a pity i haven't took a screenshot.
Playing as Sweden, i have cut Egypt in two parts, taking the Dumyat region.
Well? So, the right part got named "Egyptian Ottoman Empire"! :rolleyes:

Yeah, that happens sometimes. If you were to colonize the northwestern corner of Russia as Sweden, that area would be called 'Swedish Russian Empire' or 'Swedish Soviet Union', depending on Russia's current government type. The fact that it happens often doesn't make it any less silly, though.

AMWTFpng.png

America showing some special love to the punching bag that is Morocco.

A couple of games ago I had Chinese Morocco. Everyone jumped on Morocco after it went bankrupt in the early 40s, including China who presumably annexed the last state because it was all that was left when their troops arrived. They then proceeded to swallow up the rest of it over the course of the next decade or two, largely as a result of Spain trying to beat up Portugal and finding their UK and Chinese allies a little too tough to handle.