• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
All this anti-British and anti-American talk should stop. Look, we all know that if it wasn't for us "Yanks" the "British" would be speaking German right now. Let's let go and look to the future, before we all speak Chinese. LOL

Arguably, if the Brits owned the US up to WWII with no sort of independence concessions like with Canada, then no it would be just like the US getting involved like they did before only under a different flag. Last I heard, the Allies were winning without direct US involvement since Germany's war economy was unsustainable and while the war would have taken longer to win it wasn't in their favor. But, of course, you'd also have to take into account a lot of alt-history with France maybe being stronger with Louisiana or something.

The whole tax thing is ridiculous to bring up as a "hot button issue for the people" considering all those taxes targeted the middle and upper classes, mostly upper classes though. The poor didn't drink tea, they drank beer. The revolution was primarily about the wealthy. After all, most founding fathers were lawyers and other upper echelons of society. This, coming from a yank. Doesn't mean there weren't good ideas and stuff that came out of the revolution, but let's not kid ourselves here with sugar coated tales of glory on either side.

Now, no more anti-anything (if there was much anyway).

All this anti-British and anti-American talk should stop. Look, we all know that if it wasn't for us "Yanks" the "British" would be speaking German right now. Let's let go and look to the future, before we all speak Chinese. LOL
I think that should be "Look, we all know that if it wasn't for us "Yanks" the "British" would be speaking Russian right now."
Russia would have beaten Germany even without the "Yanks", but in that case nothing would have stopped the Soviet Union from taking Wester Europe after Berlin was occupied.

No that i have a picture, but i liberated west and east galicia from Austria to make Poland. And suddenly poland has a province in the ottomon empire, part of lithuania and in the german/russian border. Ukraine went independent and suddenly, Poland along with Slovakia declares liberation of roven on ukraine and Ukraine loses two provinces. Poland is quickly expanding. Next thing Poland declares war on krakow and annexes it but still in war with Russia, Poland had got a 18% winning advantage over Russia, taken over half of russia aand Polands percentage winning started decreasing some how :/ they was winning wars and stuff. In the end Poland got white peace and still had krakow O.O

Really? Not even the fact that they lost 14% of their population and had their industrial capacity ruined?

Nothing like good old American paranoia.

I think he is just refering to continuing to beat up the Axis, not taking on the rest of the allies.

Last I heard, the Allies were winning without direct US involvement since Germany's war economy was unsustainable and while the war would have taken longer to win it wasn't in their favor.

Wages of Destruction and Hitler's Beneficiaries goes into detail on that argument. I wouldn't say the allies were winning as much as Germany couldn't knock them out. Unsustainable in this case simply means you get widespread famine and the consumer economy collapses which would not immediately lead to the destruction of Germany.

The whole tax thing is ridiculous to bring up as a "hot button issue for the people" considering all those taxes targeted the middle and upper classes, mostly upper classes though. The poor didn't drink tea, they drank beer. The revolution was primarily about the wealthy. After all, most founding fathers were lawyers and other upper echelons of society. This, coming from a yank. Doesn't mean there weren't good ideas and stuff that came out of the revolution, but let's not kid ourselves here with sugar coated tales of glory on either side.

The exodus of hard currency causing devaluation and depression is a better explanation, if only because it doesn't operate on the assumption all poor people are idiots.

I think he is just refering to continuing to beat up the Axis, not taking on the rest of the allies.
Yes, having a Cold War with a Communist France,Germany and Italy would make the cold war a completely different affair.
And also, if the Soviet Union wanted they could probably take the rest of Europe. Spain/Britan would have no chance against a War experienced army of millions. Britan was just as exhausted by the war as the Soviet Union, and Spain was barely rebuilding after it's civil war. I also don't think the Soviet Union taking over Europe in this scenario is implausible. The Soviet Union was after all controlled by Stalin and also did puppet Eastern Europe when they got the chance in ww2.

Last edited:
There is the small problem of the water between Britain and the rest of Europe. Im not sure the USSR could really invade Britain successfully.

This is supposed to be strange screenshot thread and not history i thought :p

There is a history forum for discussion of real and alternative history. Take the conversation there, or don't have it. The next post better have a screenshot. /rant

There is a history forum for discussion of real and alternative history. Take the conversation there, or don't have it. The next post better have a screenshot. /rant
rant you say??? my time to shine. *clears throat* ... DONT YOU HATE CHEESE AND ITS FALSE FACTS. I WAS ANNOYED WHEN THE MOON WAS ACTUALLY CHEESE, AND WHEN MY GRANDAD TOLD ME EATING CHEESE LATE GIVES YOU NIGHTMARES. I NEVER HAD ANY. I AM SERIOUSLY ANNOYED I WILL WRITE A LETTER. Dr Mr Cheese. I am a white person... etc

2yjybd4.jpg

"Senor, I think we're still a little far from home."

"and what makes you think that?"
:p

"Well, those hermanos over there with the big Union Jack flags don't have patches in the side of their hulls or drunkards visibly on deck, so I think we're a little bit off-course."

Wrong; looks like Paradox's errors knows about my next book idea. GET OUT OF ME MIND, RANDOM ERRORS.