+ Reply to Thread
Page 138 of 232 FirstFirst ... 38 63 88 113 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 163 188 213 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 4640

Thread: Strange Screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by the_Hussar View Post
    All this anti-British and anti-American talk should stop. Look, we all know that if it wasn't for us "Yanks" the "British" would be speaking German right now. Let's let go and look to the future, before we all speak Chinese. LOL
    Arguably, if the Brits owned the US up to WWII with no sort of independence concessions like with Canada, then no it would be just like the US getting involved like they did before only under a different flag. Last I heard, the Allies were winning without direct US involvement since Germany's war economy was unsustainable and while the war would have taken longer to win it wasn't in their favor. But, of course, you'd also have to take into account a lot of alt-history with France maybe being stronger with Louisiana or something.

The whole tax thing is ridiculous to bring up as a "hot button issue for the people" considering all those taxes targeted the middle and upper classes, mostly upper classes though. The poor didn't drink tea, they drank beer. The revolution was primarily about the wealthy. After all, most founding fathers were lawyers and other upper echelons of society. This, coming from a yank. Doesn't mean there weren't good ideas and stuff that came out of the revolution, but let's not kid ourselves here with sugar coated tales of glory on either side.

Now, no more anti-anything (if there was much anyway).
    "No you are wrong, ninjas can come from any ethnic culture, the Amish for example." -- FatSpider

Quote Originally Posted by the_Hussar View Post
    All this anti-British and anti-American talk should stop. Look, we all know that if it wasn't for us "Yanks" the "British" would be speaking German right now. Let's let go and look to the future, before we all speak Chinese. LOL
    I think that should be "Look, we all know that if it wasn't for us "Yanks" the "British" would be speaking Russian right now."
    Russia would have beaten Germany even without the "Yanks", but in that case nothing would have stopped the Soviet Union from taking Wester Europe after Berlin was occupied.

First Lieutenant Vaya con Queso's Avatar
    Darkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by lol887 View Post
    nothing would have stopped the Soviet Union from taking Wester Europe after Berlin was occupied.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

Forgot to think before I spoke, sorry.
    Last edited by Vaya con Queso; 24-02-2012 at 22:58.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

No that i have a picture, but i liberated west and east galicia from Austria to make Poland. And suddenly poland has a province in the ottomon empire, part of lithuania and in the german/russian border. Ukraine went independent and suddenly, Poland along with Slovakia declares liberation of roven on ukraine and Ukraine loses two provinces. Poland is quickly expanding. Next thing Poland declares war on krakow and annexes it but still in war with Russia, Poland had got a 18% winning advantage over Russia, taken over half of russia aand Polands percentage winning started decreasing some how :/ they was winning wars and stuff. In the end Poland got white peace and still had krakow O.O

Quote Originally Posted by Vaya con Queso View Post
    Really? Not even the fact that they lost 14% of their population and had their industrial capacity ruined?

Nothing like good old American paranoia.
    I think he is just refering to continuing to beat up the Axis, not taking on the rest of the allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Garek Maxwell View Post
    Last I heard, the Allies were winning without direct US involvement since Germany's war economy was unsustainable and while the war would have taken longer to win it wasn't in their favor.
    Wages of Destruction and Hitler's Beneficiaries goes into detail on that argument. I wouldn't say the allies were winning as much as Germany couldn't knock them out. Unsustainable in this case simply means you get widespread famine and the consumer economy collapses which would not immediately lead to the destruction of Germany.

The whole tax thing is ridiculous to bring up as a "hot button issue for the people" considering all those taxes targeted the middle and upper classes, mostly upper classes though. The poor didn't drink tea, they drank beer. The revolution was primarily about the wealthy. After all, most founding fathers were lawyers and other upper echelons of society. This, coming from a yank. Doesn't mean there weren't good ideas and stuff that came out of the revolution, but let's not kid ourselves here with sugar coated tales of glory on either side.
    The exodus of hard currency causing devaluation and depression is a better explanation, if only because it doesn't operate on the assumption all poor people are idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by SDSkinner View Post
    I think he is just refering to continuing to beat up the Axis, not taking on the rest of the allies.
    Yes, having a Cold War with a Communist France,Germany and Italy would make the cold war a completely different affair.
    And also, if the Soviet Union wanted they could probably take the rest of Europe. Spain/Britan would have no chance against a War experienced army of millions. Britan was just as exhausted by the war as the Soviet Union, and Spain was barely rebuilding after it's civil war. I also don't think the Soviet Union taking over Europe in this scenario is implausible. The Soviet Union was after all controlled by Stalin and also did puppet Eastern Europe when they got the chance in ww2.
    Last edited by lol887; 23-02-2012 at 21:16.

Better than Royalty (ABB) DoomBunny's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

There is the small problem of the water between Britain and the rest of Europe. Im not sure the USSR could really invade Britain successfully.
    "Petrarch was right" - Petrarch||||"Petrarch is actually right" - LYNCHY||||"Petrarch was banned" - Robotic Maniac

"Tiger powder-induced eastern shenanigans" - Finnish Lord||||"I really enjoyed the Gulag" - Blade!||||"So sexy" - Franconian on violent insanity||||"The soft-pr0n ... I like it for the atmosphere it creates and the sheer spectacle of the thing" - Tufto||||"Swans are as dangerous as wolves. Got it." - Some fat racist German bloke in cheekless leiderhosen panties||||"I pooped myself. And then I did it again." - Yakman||||"Glory to the Confederate clan!" - Robotic Maniac

"I have hot cousins"||||"I once jokingly *CENSORED FOR FORUM* all my friends in the PE changing room"||||"I would lick GAZPROM drilled oil off of his shiny nipples" - Shynka, on incest, sport, and Vladimir Putin

<Doom> Sent Shynka some pics of my ass.||||<mathrim-afk> Looks great

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

This is supposed to be strange screenshot thread and not history i thought :P
    [22:23:51] <Groogy> Mathrim, give it to me gently

There is a history forum for discussion of real and alternative history. Take the conversation there, or don't have it. The next post better have a screenshot. /rant

If you want a picture of the future, imagine an episode of Mr. Bean—forever.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Kiwi View Post
    There is a history forum for discussion of real and alternative history. Take the conversation there, or don't have it. The next post better have a screenshot. /rant
    rant you say??? my time to shine. *clears throat* ... DONT YOU HATE CHEESE AND ITS FALSE FACTS. I WAS ANNOYED WHEN THE MOON WAS ACTUALLY CHEESE, AND WHEN MY GRANDAD TOLD ME EATING CHEESE LATE GIVES YOU NIGHTMARES. I NEVER HAD ANY. I AM SERIOUSLY ANNOYED I WILL WRITE A LETTER. Dr Mr Cheese. I am a white person... etc

"Senor, I think we're still a little far from home."
    Nationality: British, living in the provinces-in-revolt of British North America, New York.
    Ideology: Reactionary.
    Issues: British Pan-nationalism
    Current work: PROVINCE_NAME
    Cash reserves: £50
    Revolt risk: 99%
    Militancy: 10
    Consciousness: 10
    "The biggest argument against democracy is a five minute discussion with the average voter." -Winston Churchill
    "The absolute ruler may be a Nero, but he is sometimes a Titus or Marc Aurelius; the people is often Nero, but never Marc Aurelius." -Rivarol

Modern Psycho-General CivandEUIII's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by KanyeWest View Post
    *snip*

"Senor, I think we're still a little far from home."
    "and what makes you think that?"

Also hugely relieved this did not end with the report "The Three Mountains achievement broken. Steps to reproduce: ..." - Rufo
    "I pity the fool who has to fill out 272 years of Indian history." - Cuthuthulu
    "
    (Wouldnt Hitler look much friendlier with curls and that silly mustache shaved off?)" - podcat
    "
    This ascii art is terrible." - Jacob Braughton on titin

Maybe they were trying to sack Liverpool. It's a brilliant plan because nobody would expect it and the Royal Navy would probably ignore them too :P

Steady hand in uncertain times Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by videonfan View Post
    This is supposed to be strange screenshot thread and not history i thought :P
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by CivandEUIII View Post
    "and what makes you think that?"
    "Well, those hermanos over there with the big Union Jack flags don't have patches in the side of their hulls or drunkards visibly on deck, so I think we're a little bit off-course."
    Nationality: British, living in the provinces-in-revolt of British North America, New York.
    "The biggest argument against democracy is a five minute discussion with the average voter." -Winston Churchill
    "The absolute ruler may be a Nero, but he is sometimes a Titus or Marc Aurelius; the people is often Nero, but never Marc Aurelius." -Rivarol

Nope. I tried to save the game and it errored. This is what it ended up doing

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

I guess Marx's vision finally came true...?
    A rebel without a cause.

Wrong; looks like Paradox's errors knows about my next book idea. GET OUT OF ME MIND, RANDOM ERRORS.

+ Reply to Thread