Victoria 2 demo support: download links and all discovered solutions in first post!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kallocain

Executive Producer
22 Badges
Aug 3, 2009
  • Divine Wind
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sengoku
  • Rome Gold
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Legio
  • Lead and Gold
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Thread with the demo discussion and links to the demo download.

If you get any technical issues with the V2 demo, please post about them here and we will help you as much as we can.

For starters, here is a link you should use if you get anything about a missing d3dx(something).dll :http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

If you have Vista or Win 7, you may need to right click the installer and choose to "run as administrator". Please choose to install the game outside of program files to avoid permission issues.

If you get a start-up crash, please install this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=200B2FD9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displaylang=en
You can also try to use the exe directly in the game folder instead of the shortcut.

If you have Windows XP 64-bit and get a crash on startup, you will need to copy these two lua files into the game folder. (Unzip them there using 7 zip)
Thanks cccino for the solution!

Attachments

• luafiles.7z
    64,4 KB · Views: 2.584
Last edited by a moderator:
Win7 x64
One issue, one nitpick:
1) The first installer (unpacker) runs normally, but the installer it launches fails to request UAC elevation. Fix: launch the second (real) installer manually from the folder the first installer unpacks it in.
2) Nitpick: the (real) installer gives the option to open a readme file after installing, which does nothing but open an empty Notepad window.

Hi,

When I get to the loading graphics screen of the start up it gives me an error message

Error
" CreateVertexDeclaration failed! (WavesVertexDecl) "

I can run both HTTT and HOI 3 just fine and have already went to the new directX but it said I had the newest version.

Win7 x64
One issue, one nitpick:
1) The first installer (unpacker) runs normally, but the installer it launches fails to request UAC elevation. Fix: launch the second (real) installer manually from the folder the first installer unpacks it in.
2) Nitpick: the (real) installer gives the option to open a readme file after installing, which does nothing but open an empty Notepad window.

Interesting, thank you.

Hi,

When I get to the loading graphics screen of the start up it gives me an error message

Error
" CreateVertexDeclaration failed! (WavesVertexDecl) "

I can run both HTTT and HOI 3 just fine and have already went to the new directX but it said I had the newest version.

Update the driver for your graphics card if possible. If you still get the same thing, please include a dxdiag in a post here (preferably in CODE tags).

When playing in windowed mode, I have to click slightly under the buttons i want to push.

I also get Magcore.dll missing. I dont have any of the programs, according to a Google search, that use this dll istalled on my PC, and never have.

Getting a CTD twice now while playing the tutorial (chapter2: after loading the 3e division and trying the Middelburg landing)

I don't see any error logs....?

When playing in windowed mode, I have to click slightly under the buttons i want to push.

I also get Magcore.dll missing. I dont have any of the programs, according to a Google search, that use this dll istalled on my PC, and never have.

This might happen with windowed mode, yes. Different resolutions or if you resize the window may provoke this to happen.

Magcore.dll is not a dll we use, so it must be another program on your computer. I'm sorry I can't be more specific. Codecs can do strange things sometimes, so if you have installed video or sound codecs, check if that could be related.

Hmm, it won't launch at all for me, the little clock appears and that's it - stays like that for as long as I care to leave it and unresponsive. I tried all the suggestions but unfortunately I have to go to work now so won't be able to get to the bottom of it.

EDIT: I thought maybe I would try it windowed or something like that to see if that worked but I have no settings.txt. Could the installation have gone bad or would settings.txt be created when launched properly?

Game runs fine on my Win 7 X64 but for 2 minor problems.

1) Every few minutes the screen goes black and then loads up again as if its minimising/expanding the window rapidly.

2) When exiting the game will always crash and give me the CTD error.

Status
Not open for further replies.