• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
[removed] Am I actually allowed to release this? [removed]
Please wait while we get an official response on that. Also, do not advertise this any further. It's currently lunch time in Stockholm, so you'll need to wait a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
The mexicans are very strong when we start the game.
Beat the CSA was easy for me, poor resistance.

I really dont know how to increase my industry points ( because I cant create factories) I have done some railroad but I havent seen if it add me points.

Theres an area of the West ( I dont remember the name ) which always is been colonized by the Mexicans, I suposse this is normal :(.

My factories in NY was at 50% of workers, If just use the National Focus to "make" clerks , the clerks doesnt appear in New York!
Also I have a lot of disemployement and I don't know how to solve it. :confused::confused:

How can I annex a country? I attacked and invaded Texas, they don't have an army anymore but my warscore is 0... I can't do anything.
You need to set the wargoals.

Also, you don't need to annex Texas, it'll come to the union via event later (I think).

Is there anything specific I can do to to increase my influence over countries? Can't find any option to do that.
Relative rank gives you a bonus, and being a neighbour. Other than that, nothing specific you can do.

How then Russia had 20 influence over Mexico while I had 34 and other countries had 0?
You can set your influence priority. If Russia decided to influence Mexico and the other GP don't, then only you and Russia will have Influence in Mexico.

Is there anything specific I can do to to increase my influence over countries? Can't find any option to do that.

On the left hand side of the Diplomacy screen, where there's a list of foreign countries

- to the right of the country name is a rectangle containing 3 boxes

- click those boxes and you will start to exert Influence on the nation concerned. Then it goes up and you get a prompt in the Diplomacy section of the top interface bar telling you that you can improve Opinion or bring people into your Sphere.

Took me about 10 years of game time to work it out

In the diplomacy screen in the list of all countries there are three boxes that represent your influence priority next to each one, if all three boxes are empty you will not generate any influence at all in that country. Clicking on the boxes increases the priority.

In the diplomacy screen in the list of all countries there are three boxes that represent your influence priority next to each one, if all three boxes are empty you will not generate any influence at all in that country. Clicking on the boxes increases the priority.
Not 100% true. If there is not priority, and you have priority set for other countries, the country without priority will not get Influence. If no countries have a priority, then your Influence will be spread evenly among all countries.

Also, Influence is never lost. Even if you've reached 100 Influence in a country, the daily Influence of that country is then distributed among the other countries you've set priorities for. Or all, if there are no other priorities.