• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It sort of makes sense, anyone who wanted land or a job had to get out of the south. I mean land was literally free in the midwest. My family came to Virginia before the revolution, but by the time the civil war hit they were all in Nebraska and Kansas.

Anyway, What do you need to do to occupy territory faster?

I got the demo.All in all excellent one.The tutorial is easy understanding and detail description(unlike VIC1).
My the US play,when the ACW is almost north's victory,the game is over.:p

It sort of makes sense, anyone who wanted land or a job had to get out of the south. I mean land was literally free in the midwest. My family came to Virginia before the revolution, but by the time the civil war hit they were all in Nebraska and Kansas.

You just send troops to the territory. Then you get it faster/ the other guy gets it slower, I'm not exactly sure which.

Scrolling seemed a bit bumpy, and I got the same NULL_STATE issue that others reported. But my biggest complaint about the demo is all the event spam. It's repetitive, distracting, and not fun after the first few times the events fire. Hopefully this isn't too common with the other countries.

Ok, I loved this. I skipped university for the day just to play. :)

Feedback: The tutorial was better than HOI3, but still pretty bad. The text didn't correspond to the game screen in pretty drastic ways (No, that party isn't in power... ). The very poor grammar and awful English are very grating (where/were its/it's, 'these money is'). Please fix this.

The game is absolutely brilliant. Got me some West Coast, all of Texas, and was well on my way towards whopping the CSA when the demo cut out on me. The kitten thing was cute, but unprofessional. I find the map outside the player's sight-range to be quite dark and ugly, and a more permanent way to keep Britain out of Liberia would be nice. :)

It didn't run as fast as I thought it would, which surprised me - I have a quite powerful comp. *goes about messing with DirectX... *

Last edited:
I was badly beaten in my first attempt to intervene in the Texas-Mexico war, but after going through the (really good) tutorials I realized my mistakes and managed to beat Mexico down to size... I grabbed almost everything to the Rockies from them in three successive wars.
I somehow managed to hold off the ACW until the demo ended, by picking the slave owner's side and using the decisions whenever I could... Cuba was a new slave state within five years of gaining Texas and New Mexico as slave states as well :D

Rebel system seems to be weird though. In the late game I was hit with constant "Jacobin" rebellions... despite having an all-green revolt risk map. They popped up in 10-20 provinces each time with 3K (one division) troops.

Performance is very smooth. If the full game runs the same way, this is extremely promising!
Some lingering text errors here and there, and the tutorial text/arrows don't quite correspond to what is in the screen all the time, e.g. promoting a factory highlights the wrong one. Nothing preventing me from continuing though. If there is one annoyance, it is that there is no clear way to go through all the tutorials at once without returning to the menu.

Last edited:
I had 5 whole regiments of southerners when the CSA revolted. It was only a small portion of the entire army, but still.

I had almost 20% of my army join the CSA this last time. The problem? Almost all of them were protecting Manitoba and Alberta from the British! By the time they got down to anything that mattered, I had already organized destruction for them.

Next time: purge military forces of Dixie soldiers. I suspect an entirely Yankee army will have no traitors.

Very Nice! Only one game in,...

Comments ~~~

--- Was able to save Texas and form them as a state... went back to war when I received a random border CB but was only able to declare for NM and then add Arizona. Makes wars way more interesting and maybe longer if you ask me. Mexico was tough at first but not after a few Army techs. Would have been nice to try and wrap all the territories all at once... but piecemeal seemed easier. It's sorta like how the 2000's went every other week on the news in the states...
We need to invade Iraq to capture Nuclear and Biological weapons...
We need to invade Iraq to get Saddam...
We need to invade Iraq to free the people...
We need to invade Iraq to get the insurgents...
We need to invade Iraq to create democracy...
We need to invade Iraq to make the US safer...
We need to invade Iraq to <insert reason here>
(sorry... had to)

--- Game loads very FAST!!! (Maybe Demo only?)

--- Game runs very smooth at all speeds!!!

--- HOLY COW!!! I thought there were only the one page of instructions... with the beginner/medium/advanced being the column header... not three separate pages!!! It may take me a while to get them all done... but at least they're detailed and structured in a way so that I can hone down into what exactly I need to brush up on.

--- Love the new Tech Interface, much easier to eat!!!

--- It's kinda a pain when building new units to find them... I know I can use the tool-thingy individually, but when thinking of building armies I wasn't expecting them to be scattered all over the map. Don't get me wrong I like the idea... just thought the flags on zoom-out would stay in the design from EU3???

--- Can concur that the game flickers zoom changes and music stops and starts to a new song at same time occasionally.

--- Demo crashes when exiting game.

--- Why aren't all decision pop-ups (newspapers) able to be right-clicked for menu? - For instance I would like to pause on pop-up.

--- Some of the random event pop-ups seem to happen too much - or at least fast enough that it becomes a little too repetitive - is it actually random, or random off of state of affairs?
***At least in this iteration of Paradox Game I HAVE to play at a slower speed! so it does space them out... but in faster modes it becomes more about managing the pop-ups than getting to were you were trying to fast forward to.

--- Civil war broke out at 1849 like others have noticed. Had a lot of revolts in the northern areas during the late 40's - every year I gained Demo's, but this may be attributed to my decisions. I pretty much owned the CSA... they had no armies at all... in about 6 months I was able to take most of the south before the demo expired. No major battles fought!

EDIT:
--- The map showed Georgia and South Carolina as one province when all other states were their own... must be something missed.
--- Would like to reiterate others in expressing that in how good the tutorial is and the game put together... there are still a lot of spelling mistakes and the such.

EDIT 2:
--- In respects to the Civil War... I'll have to look again, but I would assume that since the POP soldiers are connected to the army soldiers, I'm wondering why most of my army wasn't decimated and troops given in bulk to the CSA from my armies? At least it seemed that when building units most if not all came from the northern states... balancing this if I'm right could make it better for the war. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Well, game is nicely done and I like it. However, few minor points. Keep in mind it is the first game on the new engine I'm playing in.

1. I can find state menu as it was in Vic1. List of states with number of POPs, factories and number of provinces. There is a list of military units on the right hand side but there isn't one for states.

Am I missing something or this menu is not in the game?

2. Notification bar, similar to this one from Vic1, at the bottom of the screen. There isn't any. When I heard the sound I have to move mouse, point the small notification icon to read what it is about.

Again, am I missing something? Is it possible to just read what is going on without hassle?

3. Something I really, really do NOT like. When I create military unit one crucial information is missing: SPEED. When I point the unit I see rec, assault, defence (or hull for ships) but speed is missing. I think this one really should be sorted by next patch.

4. Very minor thing: Soldier Models - numbers on the bottom of the models shows thousands of troops rather than number of regiments. I would prefer way around, but it is up to personal taste. My question is: is it possible to mod it?

Plus, I feel a bit lost, but it is more about new engine I guess. We will see after couple of days. But generally speaking: so far so good. I am really glad I bought the game.

EDIT: I would appreciate if one of Developers could answer please.

EDIT2: Apart from above I have similar findings to Wunderlicht (post above mine)

Last edited:
Reconnaissance value of the occupying army. So cavalry is actually the best unit for occupations (this is different/new if you come from EU3).

I miss a list of states as well. Maybe even state names on the Map when zoomes out enough would be nice.
POP overview screen has a state list of your country.

2. Notification bar, similar to this one from Vic1, at the bottom of the screen. There isn't any. When I heard the sound I have to move mouse, point the small notification icon to read what it is about.
You can set your personal messages settings in the main menu, also from within the game. Popup, popup&pause, log, icon, none are your choices :)

POP overview screen has a state list of your country.

I don't think it is the same thing. I rather mean handy list as list of units. I will see tonight list you are talking about, but I think I know what you mean and it is different to what I find useful.