• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Have you checked if there is something like this in the ledger?

Yes. There is a list of provinces but not the states.

Besides, I would like to have menu, not just list. Especcially if Vic2 is more state focused than Vic1 .

Occupying provinces takes way too long, from what I can tell. One brigade seems to do it just as fast as ten.

It's based on recon. Early game inf have none/almost none. Split off some cav or dragoons to occupy while your main army continues on to fight.

Last edited:
V2_1.jpg

Ha!

To bad it crashed after I unpaused

Oh a minor annoyance I have had so far is that there is no link to the states population data when the state is selected. I know how to do it via the population tab but it would have been nice to have a direct link from the state selection aswell.

When you have a province selected there's a button just to the right of the pie charts that'll jump you to the pop screen with that state/province selected.

Is it WAD that I cannot recruit any regiments form anything but Yankee? I do have soldier POPs of Dixie and of some other minor cultures, but the only thing that appears is Yankee. This could also be part of the problem with weak CSAs.

How are you recruiting units, from the build army screen or the province menu? With the former you should see plenty of Dixe units too, with the latter you'll only see what's in that province.

In my game the CSA quickly recruited some 60k or more soldiers, so it can't be the lack of POPs, maybe in the recruitement screen, the first ones are always the northern POPs, so you finish the recruiting before reaching the southern ones.

Can we get any more detail on how exactly this works? Because at the minute it seems pretty arbitrary and random. I'd been clicking all the pro-South, pro-Slavery options in the events, and I'd managed to keep everyone's militancy extremely low (except the Hawaiians and Panamanians), so why it suddenly happend and happened just when things seemed to have almost totally calmed down is a mystery.

ACW happens when you get 40% Liberals in the UH (as you are getting near to being able to ban slavery) provided a couple of key events have happened (dredd scot and john brown's last raid IIRC, which are triggered by high CON).

Having played the demo until 1st of july 1840, i noticed a couple of things:

- Zero state-bugs in messages: Some of the messages contain the string ´in zero state´, instead of presenting the proper state name of the event´s occurance.

- A LOT of events. I really enjoy the events. Still. But i wonder already, how repetitive and maybe even annoying they could get after the ´honeymoon´. But i figure that the rate at which events occur is somewhat related to the nation´s size (number of states), so once i get to play a smaller nation, they wont come up as much, i recon.

- The engine works really good, it seems. In stark contrast to HoI3 (1.x), the game is completely play- and enjoyable from a user-interface point of view. I only have two suggestions for improvement:
a) Game-Speed: Take it down a notch. I mostly played on the slowest and still at times it seemed fast to me. That is of course, because i still have to take note of all the info presented, and it will get better once i figure what´s important with a glance, but still, i could imagine for the slower MP-lers a speed setting below one chevron would be appreciated.
b) Scalable tab-screens: Something the clausewitz-engine seems to be lacking is the ability to scale the tab-panels to screen-resolution. If you run the game on 1680x1050 (which isnt luxury anymore), half the screen gets ´wasted´ when you work on one of the eight tabs (production, techonlogy...). The overall screen-utilization of V2 is really good, though. Playing on 1280x800 you wonder, where the 32 vertical pixels for 1024x768 can be saved. Still, it would be even better, if the outliner would move up, next to the tab-bar, instead of below and next to it, when the horizontal resolution allows for it, and extent vertically accordingly. For the tab-panels: They just need to have their content put into a WPF (windows presentation foundation) style panel, part of the .net-framework, in order to scale automatically. That would be a big visual engine-enhancement for all PI-games, enabling them to take full advantage of higher screen-resolutions. (XP-stuff? : ´Victory 2 - Resolutions´ ;P)

Overall, the session last night seemed a tad too easy. I had Cuba and Texas by mid-1840 (sooner actually), Haiti and the USCA in my sphere, an allience with colombia, was getting hawaii in my sphere... it all went a tad too quick, i think. But then again, i faced no opposition and it might still be too early to judge the games´ balance.

I think i will order today.

As the soldier POP drops in size the unit finds it harder and harder to reinforce. Finally it will just cease to exist.

Thanks for an answer. Any chance you could have a look at these points, please:

Well, game is nicely done and I like it. However, few minor points. Keep in mind it is the first game on the new engine I'm playing in.

1. I can find state menu as it was in Vic1. List of states with number of POPs, factories and number of provinces. There is a list of military units on the right hand side but there isn't one for states.

Am I missing something or this menu is not in the game?

2. (...) - sorted.

3. Something I really, really do NOT like. When I create military unit one crucial information is missing: SPEED. When I point the unit I see rec, assault, defence (or hull for ships) but speed is missing. I think this one really should be sorted by next patch.

4. Very minor thing: Soldier Models - numbers on the bottom of the models shows thousands of troops rather than number of regiments. I would prefer way around, but it is up to personal taste. My question is: is it possible to mod it?

1. I can find state menu as it was in Vic1. List of states with number of POPs, factories and number of provinces. There is a list of military units on the right hand side but there isn't one for states.
There is a POP overview for states and POPs, and the production overview shows the factories per state.

Also, there is an overview in the ledger.

- A LOT of events. I really enjoy the events. Still. But i wonder already, how repetitive and maybe even annoying they could get after the ´honeymoon´. But i figure that the rate at which events occur is somewhat related to the nation´s size (number of states), so once i get to play a smaller nation, they wont come up as much, i recon.

A fair bit of the "event spam" is due to all the US's ACW events, I'd say it's a lot less for other nations or after the war.

In my France Beta AAR, one of the first things I did at the start was turn off auto-create leaders. This way I could keep the balance army-navy that I felt I needed (which as France was about 5 Army to 1 Navy for me, if I was playing for ex Britain it would have been different)

The gives one an idea, doesnt it? Like having a slider with the auto-options, setting the ratio between generals and admirals?

There is a POP overview for states and POPs, and the production overview shows the factories per state.

Also, there is an overview in the ledger.

It is not the same. I am talking about menu (like army units on right hand side), not about the list.

So, I suppose there isn't any? Any chance for adding it?