• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

OHgamer

Victoria's Plastic Surgeon
38 Badges
Jan 28, 2003
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
This thread will be for discussion of the V2 Demo once it is released.

This thread will open when the Demo is released, at 09h00 PDT/12h00 EDT/16h00 GMT/17h00 BST/18h00 CEST)

And this thread is for substantive feedback, not simple "I've got the demo" or "I only have X minutes left to wait" non-sequitors. Those posts will be regarded as spam in this thread and will result in those posting such comments receiving infraction points. So don't post unless you actually have feedback about gameplay behavior.

TECHNICAL PROBLEMS installing demo? thread to help with installation issues.

And as a reminder of this forum's policies regarding spam and forum etiquette towards other posters, I quote from post #6 of the Forum Rules thread :

With the imminent release of Victoria II please be aware that a proper display of decorum and polite discourse to be maintained in this forum. To ensure that goal, the following notices are being made now and will be rigourously enforced :

Pure spam posting, that is posts that have nothing to do with the original topic of a given thread or do not add any content of substance to the topic under discussion will not be tolerated in this forum, especially now as the expected inrush of new forum members, as at other times of new title release, will likely increase the strain on the forum servers. The forum moderators and Paradox administrators have the final decision regarding what is considerded spam and what is considered acceptable, and those who do post spam will be assesed infraction points upon their accounts.

Paradox welcomes and actively encourages constructive criticism when it comes to the discussion of gameplay features and design. However, those who offer criticism should do so in a polite manner designed to encourage discussion on how to address differences on how gameplay functions should operate that may arise between player understanding and developer design. It is expected that a respectful tone will be maintained by posters when raising their points for discussion, and any post that disrespects or outright insults members of the Paradox staff, the moderators of this forum or other posters who have a difference of opinion on a given topic will result in the relevant infractions being assigned to the poster of the offensive material. The forum moderators and Paradox administrators have the final decision regarding whether a post is in their opinion disrespectul or insulting.

In the end the utility of this forum is as much based on how each and every one of us utilizes the forum and behaves when interacting with others. A forum that becomes toxic because of the obnoxious behavior of a certain fraction of posters loses its utility as both a channel of communication and as a platform for interchange between players. Those posters who feel the need to bring a Jerry Springer Show-mentality to this forum should consider finding another forum in which to engage their bile, as such behavior will not be tolerated in this forum during this period of commercial release of this long-awaited title.

Finally, please do NOT provide links to any site other than those officially sanctioned by Paradox for the demo. Links to alternative sites will be regarded as major spam and result in infractions of the rules as such.

LINK to fileplanet for the demo

Gamersgate link for the demo

Gamershell link for the demo

Atomicgamer link for the demo

Fan Gaming link for the demo

Strategy Informer link for the demo

TECHNICAL PROBLEMS? thread to help with installation issues.

KNOWN BUGS that are currently being investigated by Paradox, reports not needed :

- $Null State$ bug in event messages

Last edited by a moderator:
27 mins left! 6% downloaded and speed is 200kb and decreasing steadily.

I must say the download is surprisingly fast. Normally Filefront just simply sucks.

Also about the OP: what are the sanctioned sites? And what is the reason not to allow other mirrors?

someone might maliciously create a mirror that adds a trojan or virus, so no mirrors to be direct linked to.

You're genuinely expecting us to install some ActiveX 'download manager' in order to get this from the only 'official site'? Not a chance. No IGN, I do not trust you. Not impressed, Paradox. Not at all.

I haven't installed anything, I just clicked a link named "Click here to continue to the public queue".

Question, will the size of the demo be relevant to the size of the full game? :)

Looks like it's up on GamersGate as well.
http://demos.gamersgate.com/17071

Edit: Just saw the no mirrors thing. But I think GamersGate should be fine?

For some reason couldnt use fileplanet as every time I clicked to start downloading I saw some bar and that's pretty much it...

Thanks for t he GG tip!

(edit: No, the bar wasnt the one saying how much left to DL :D)