• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's far too easy to balance the budget (if it was this easy, the US wouldn't have a half trillion dollar deficit a year xD), but other than that, the game looks great!

Couldn't stop myself: I believe the US actually had an INCOME instead of a debt before the Civil War...believe it or not.

2. Notification bar, similar to this one from Vic1, at the bottom of the screen. There isn't any. When I heard the sound I have to move mouse, point the small notification icon to read what it is about.

Again, am I missing something? Is it possible to just read what is going on without hassle?

There is small arrow pointing upwards at the bottom of screen. Click it.

OMG this is so much fun!

One piece of feedback -

I have a large army in Austin and a smaller one in Lubbock which is recapturing the province.

The Mexicans have an army in El Paso which is intermediate in size between my two stacks, i.e. if it faces both of them it will get whupped. (Everyone is quite fatigued but them more than me)

They start to march their army to Lubbock to pick on my small army.

I start to march my large army in Austin to Lubbock in support.

They stop.

I stop.

A few days later the Mexican army in El Paso, unable to spot my next move, starts to march to Lubbock. rinse, repeat...

:)

Yes, i had this, too. What got me worrying is that i was under the impression, that the mexicans shouldnt even be able to see my support army starting to march, since it was a province behind in my case... But since it quickly resolved, i am not entirely sure...

Feedback: Pause should under no circumstance unpause by anything other than me pressing unpause...

Nooooooooooooo! Accidently made a white peace with CSA so that made me angry and I closed the game! :mad: In Vicky a peace box doesn't get affected by the "Enter" button! Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...and i think it should be an exception to the rule in V2, too, and hereby humbly suggest it.

Why can't I bring states into my sphere of influence despite having Friendly Opinion, 100 influence and even +200 relations? I could only bring in 1-2, for the rest, the option was greyed out and I couldn't find the reason.

What worked for me was lowering the taxes for the rich, increasing the taxes on the poor and keeping the taxes of the middle class at 50%[...]

Yeah, it took about 190 in-game days for me to throw all ideology and morality over board and tax poor and rich at least equally (instead of granting the poor some cuts). Exactly the reason why i dont want responsibility IRL - power seems to be little more than the obligation to do what needs to be done (within the system, in order to comply with it).

Yeah, it took about 190 in-game days for me to throw all ideology and morality over board and tax poor and rich at least equally (instead of granting the poor some cuts). Exactly the reason why i dont want responsibility IRL - power seems to be little more than the obligation to do what needs to be done (within the system, in order to comply with it).

I almost max-taxed the poor, and gave all the breaks to the rich. :)

Why can't I bring states into my sphere of influence despite having Friendly Opinion, 100 influence and even +200 relations? I could only bring in 1-2, for the rest, the option was greyed out and I couldn't find the reason.

That's...odd. And they aren't in anyone else's SoI? Did you get a tooltip when you hovered over the greyed out button?

There are only two reasons I know of that restrict you from getting someone in your SoI: the target is a GP itself, or it is already in a SoI of another GP. Check the tooltip that you get when hovering over the greyed-out "get into sphere" button.

Tooltips are your friend, always! :)

Were you at war at the time you tried it? I don't know if it matters, but thought I just asked...

[removed] Am I actually allowed to release this? [removed]

Edited by admin

Last edited by a moderator:
You can add countries to your SoI while you're at war. Except for the country you're at war with.

Okay then... Thank you for clarifying that! :)