+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Victoria 2 Prehistoric mod

Victoria 2 Prehistoric mod

The idea that i have is to use the victoria 2 pop and system to recreate the evolution of mankind from mere tribes to ancient empires.

The game would start with countries being tribes of 2 or 3 provinces, more or less advanced, (f.e.: egipt tribes would be a little more advanced than american tribes.).
    The techs would be adapted to the timeline from mere stone tools, to advanced construction and writing.
    Cultural techs would have a religion section with several triggered decisions that allow the player to build the nation´s religion, anything is posible.
    Industry is mainly dominated by artisans with factories replaced by artisan's guilds in bigger cities.
    Completely modified combat, starting from hand to hand fights for cattle to epic wars for money and glory.
    Colonization sistem properly used to represent migration and territorial growth.

I have more and more ideas, but here is the problen, i don't know a s**t about modding and less about programming so i would be glad to receive help from anyone who wants to make this mod.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Interesting idea but full conversions like this is very time consuming.

As for the modding part I'm sure people around here are willing to offer advice. At least I am. Do you have any artistic skills? A mod like this will require loads of artwork. New 3d models, icons and so on.
    “You see, señorita, mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where.” - Cortez, The Longest Journey

Well, i never modded a game like this, and with 18 years, my overall modding experience is almost nothing.
    I have many tools because my dad is an analist (he doesn't know how to make games or mod btw) and i could learn a bit.
    In the graphic part i've high skills (in my opinion).

Hm. Victoria Civilization. If anything becomes of this I would be very pleased.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Very interesting. I look forward to hear more; perhaps I could contribute something once I get my hands on V2, as well.
    Imperium 1.4 (Mod for Victoria II)

Austria: efficient like the Germans, musical like the Italians and refined like the French.

Well let's start.
    First of all, the time line. It would start in the begining of the neolitic (10.000 bc) and end somewhere around filipos conquest of greece.

The time scale should be changed to represent bigger time lapses.

Second, the resource. Resources like artillery and steam convoys must vanish and be replaced with ancient ones like stone weapos, metal weapons copper, papyrus and stuff like that.

People should start has farmers only and other clases should be unlocked be events.
    Capitalist, clerks and craftmens must go for ever.

Thats all for today, in argentina its gettin' late

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

This mod sounds cool but unless your willing to put in a massive amount of hours and effort nothing will come of it.

What you've proposed will take alot.

Perhaps if you came back with a proposed map, tech tree and mabye an idea of populations then the mod could start to take off from the ground.

Still if you accomplish it I will certainly play.

Victoria seems like a strange game to adopt to this purpose. Victoria models people as participating in large markets, dependent on each other. Whereas prehistoric peoples traded only on a local level and were capable of being individually self sufficient.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Europa Universalis IV

I won't get the game for a few patches, but I would start by:
    • removing every country's ownership of non-capital provinces
    • removing all but (16 unless the # of colonizer slots can be changed) countries, all roughly evenly spread throughout the map
    • removing all POPs but 1K laborers or farmers (as appropriate) from unowned provinces and all but let's say 10K of laborers or farmers (as appropriate) from the remaining capital provinces
    • removing every remaining country's starting tech (but making sure to give civilized status to any uncivs)
    • dragging back the start date to 1.1.1 so everyone actually has time to fully populate and colonize the world (and to maintain exportability to HoI3)

If you leave it like this, as a multiplayer-focused scenario, then it's actually not that difficult. Making sure it's anywhere near realistic, however...

But what about the map I mean most of the parts should be empty cause you are talking about ancient times as I know Europe met with civizilation in Roman Era and America found a thousand later but your mod is many many years before that.

Africa and maybe some parts of middle East can be playable at prehistoric era.If you make mod for Hellenic period than you can add countries for Africa Egypt Middle East persia india and china.But still most the map will be empty how will plan to fill it ?
    Turkish War of Independence mod for HOI3 TFH ! New Battlescenerio,Historical OBB,6 Nations,Events and many more...

Ottoman Realism Mod for EU4 Unit Fix,game balancing,7 new loading screens,35 new event pictures and many visual improvements.

Every part of the world has been populated before the begining of the paleolitic period (except for the antartica) so there is no such thing like empty lands.
    Yeah, victoria has some problems to make this mod, as many markets would be needed, but this game has the better engine to make a more realistic mod.

First of all i will delete all pops because i plan to reeplace the caps, crafts and clerks with hunters, foragers and fishers, and they will become in some point of the game, with advancement of society, slaves farmers and labourers. Also population needs to be very much lower than V2's, i guess i will spend some time reading about ancient history

I will also replace techs to match the time, things like domestication, mining, glass making and development of more advanced building techniques.

And yeah, it's time demanding but i think it wort it.

Sounds like a promising idea, i would definetly participate even though im not exactly the most experienced modder.

Quote Originally Posted by besaccia View Post
    Every part of the world has been populated before the begining of the paleolitic period (except for the antartica) so there is no such thing like empty lands.
    Yeah, victoria has some problems to make this mod, as many markets would be needed, but this game has the better engine to make a more realistic mod.

First of all i will delete all pops because i plan to reeplace the caps, crafts and clerks with hunters, foragers and fishers, and they will become in some point of the game, with advancement of society, slaves farmers and labourers. Also population needs to be very much lower than V2's, i guess i will spend some time reading about ancient history

I will also replace techs to match the time, things like domestication, mining, glass making and development of more advanced building techniques.

And yeah, it's time demanding but i think it wort it.
    There were tribes all around world but they were not in form of a goverment as today so no countries and no borders except Middle east and India also most of the world was empty I insist on that this idea the population was settled in coast regions inside was mostlk emty except some areas this was the situation so you shoul really read about the ancient history the biggest population at that age was 1.5 million and thats a small amount cause earth is big...

http://www.novelguide.com/a/discover..._02_00337.html

But anyway you can chance it...what you need is country names if you start from Bronze age you have plenty of countries in world but still you need new countries(or tribe names as country) for europe russia and other big vast areas.

Which countries will you add do you have a list ?
    Last edited by fizy45; 09-08-2010 at 10:11.
    Turkish War of Independence mod for HOI3 TFH ! New Battlescenerio,Historical OBB,6 Nations,Events and many more...

Ottoman Realism Mod for EU4 Unit Fix,game balancing,7 new loading screens,35 new event pictures and many visual improvements.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by fizy45 View Post
    There were tribes all around world but they were not in form of a goverment as today so no countries and no borders except Middle east and India also most of the world was empty I insist on that this idea the population was settled in coast regions inside was mostlk emty except some areas this was the situation so you shoul really read about the ancient history the biggest population at that age was 1.5 million and thats a small amount cause earth is big...
    I agree, it should be "zones of influence" for a particular tribe instead of a state. A tribe should be defined by it's ethnicity.
    * Several tribes can share a province.
    * A tribe that "moved in" first considers the province it's own, but cannot prevent the others from moving in because of the low population density. But the other tribe have a chance for overtaking the province if it's militancy is high enough. Someone like "leaders/warlords" instead of "aristocrats" can raise the militancy.
    * Maybe later in the game, when Writing and State will be researched the "state borders" will substitute "zones of influence"; this can be marked by a core shield on the province. It could be an ultimate goal in the game to create a state.

What do u think?

Otherwise I think it's a great idea with prehistoric "Victoria", I was thinking about it (and hoping for Paradox making something like that) when Paradox announced EU: Rome.

Besaccia, do this mode! Good luck with your undertaking!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteMagickaEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

by the time you get it running civ 5 will have been out for a year

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by stantz View Post
    by the time you get it running civ 5 will have been out for a year
    Yes, but Civ games are too abstract in comparison with Paradox games, so it's two different things!

If this is going to work then you're going to have to create a bunch of fictional civilizations that are at best loosely based on the few city-states that managed to come together in a few very narrow geographic areas. Any attempt at serious historical research will probably kill this mod.
    "Why will you take by force what you may have quietly by love? Why will you destroy us who supply you with food? What can you get by war? We can hide our provisions and run into the woods; then you will starve for wronging your friends. Why are you jealous of us? We are unarmed, and willing to give you what you ask, if you come in a friendly manner." - Powhatan to John Smith, 1607

ZinnMod v0.12 for Vicky 2

I have this new idea for migration: a desicion would be avaible to nations that once activated would cause (if succed) a random province pop to migrate to and adyacent unowned province (or maybe not ) and create a core in that province, then a scripted event would give you control of any province in wich you have a core and more than 50% of accepted culture pops. Probability depends on techs.

Quote Originally Posted by besaccia View Post
    I have this new idea for migration: a desicion would be avaible to nations that once activated would cause (if succed) a random province pop to migrate to and adyacent unowned province (or maybe not ) and create a core in that province, then a scripted event would give you control of any province in wich you have a core and more than 50% of accepted culture pops. Probability depends on techs.
    You could give a core to a bordering province and tag a random border province so that, once the cored province has been taken, the pops in the tagged province migrate to other owned provinces and the tagged province is abandoned.

Calls into question regions and how that's going to work.
    "Why will you take by force what you may have quietly by love? Why will you destroy us who supply you with food? What can you get by war? We can hide our provisions and run into the woods; then you will starve for wronging your friends. Why are you jealous of us? We are unarmed, and willing to give you what you ask, if you come in a friendly manner." - Powhatan to John Smith, 1607

ZinnMod v0.12 for Vicky 2

Quote Originally Posted by Gunneroid View Post
    Hm. Victoria Civilization. If anything becomes of this I would be very pleased.
    As would I. I am very interesting in doing any kind of modding that increases the scope of the game. My modding skills are... in the embryonic stages, but if this game is structured anything like EU3, the devs have made it pretty easy to find one's way around.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast