• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Heya, I read your AAR from start to finish (last update) today and this was all pretty epic! Very nice maps and all. A bit sad by the loss of the army-navy rivality mid aar, found it very interesting and beleivable. Would be great if it were to return for the grand finale: Invasion of USA. :D

Yeah, I realized I missed a good opportunity with Australia. In fact I could see a whole story-arc scenario that would've prolonged the whole character of fighting in Oz and by extension then NZ.

Now, *that* being said...I've realized that once I get the AAR caught up with game time (1948) there are some important decisions to be made. As someone suggested, perhaps wildly amazing success and relatively abundant resources could have dulled the rivalry to the cheap shots and bickering...by the same measure historically there are examples where *too much* success also informs us that new ambitions and rivalries can come to the fore.

Your naval maps are simply amazing and I love the whole style of this AAR, very nice.

Thank you very much :)

Rather than bombing the port on the Admiralty Islands, can you bomb the infrastructure down to 0 and starve them out that way? I know it works with land provinces, but not sure how the port changes things.

On a side note, I hope you don't invade the US to find out that all their troops are already at the bottom of the Pacific. They do seem keen on throwing away divisions in these hopeless attempts to take islands.

Rather than bombing the port on the Admiralty Islands, can you bomb the infrastructure down to 0 and starve them out that way? I know it works with land provinces, but not sure how the port changes things.

On a side note, I hope you don't invade the US to find out that all their troops are already at the bottom of the Pacific. They do seem keen on throwing away divisions in these hopeless attempts to take islands.

It's really been logistical and port strikes combined with some convoy raiding, the level 2 (or 3?) sea fort really helps the defender out, along with the entrenchment bonus and amphibious penalty. When the landings are going on the aircraft switch to interdiction, the "problem" is that I can only spare the fighter-bombers and half the TAC's, the rest of the aircraft are standing by to respond to his various crazy amphibious attacks in the central pacific, especially when the CSF(s) are in repair, but even normally the strike groups are hanging out in Saipan and/or Guam which is why they are so quick to respond to attacks as far apart as Marcus, Palau, and even Kwajelein...the Assault Group 1 and NLF are based out of Rabaul, along with the TAC's...the Fighter-bombers out of Hollandia...the second assault group is involved in shifting garrisons and retrained troops around the pacific.

The IJN losses in cruisers also have impacted the ability to convoy raid...although there do not seem to be many convoys left to raid anyway :)

Last edited:
Battle of Peleliu - March 19th to 20th, 1947

One...last...time...

2hehxcx.jpg

The Fall of the "Gibraltar of the Pacific" - 15th to 25th April, 1947

Finally the punishment administered to the defenders of the Admiralties bore fruit...and during ten hellish days in April of 1947 with tens of thousands of dead what was being called the "Gibraltar of the Pacific" fell to the hardened troops of the NLF.

2q0q261.jpg

2ms1154.jpg

n5pi6p.jpg

t53wk3.jpg

I'm surprised the US hasn't run out of unique ship names yet. Is the invasion slated for 1948, or are you just planning on nuking them into submission?

They have for CVL's and CA's, I've been substituting names for each battle since they are basically one-off namings :)

When I catch up to "current events" in March 1948 I'll be figuring out where we go from there.

Who holds Egypt and Gibraltar? You might want to help your european axis partners with their African victory conditions if needed.