Closed Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: New Nations Mod

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Is this mod still alive, as in being updated?

If not, that would be too bad.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2March of the Eagles
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

I don't know if this has already been suggested or even if this mod is still living, but how about Indonesia?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

there was a time when lots of different new nations mod were merging the others into themselves and supplanting as primary country mod and i completely lost track of which one was the one being updated. but i think its this one, but i might be wrong.
    Nationality: New Zealander
    Religion: Roman Catholic
    Ideology: Distributist
    Issues: Moralism/Full Citizenship
    How did some slip of a girlyboy from communist East Berlin become the internationally ignored song stylist barely standing before you?

Don't Press the O
    "There's nothing sicker in society
    Than a lack of liquor and sobriety!"

I've spoken to Trovador, and he's given me permission to update the New Nations Mod-- so that's what I'm going to do. I expect to have everything updated for the 1.3 patch, a few extra nations, fixes to current cores and a few other things (fixes to the current decisions plus events for the release of British dominions, for example).

Should be done the update within a week or so. If there are any suggestions, please let me know.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

if youre updating this, ive got a sudan, palestine and transjordan in this post http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post12247774
    How did some slip of a girlyboy from communist East Berlin become the internationally ignored song stylist barely standing before you?

Don't Press the O

Quote Originally Posted by Orinsul View Post
    if youre updating this, ive got a sudan, palestine and transjordan in this post http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post12247774
    Thanks-- I already added Jordan and Palestine from PDM, but I'll take a look and see if yours are different/better.

their ones are probably better. however i used the CoA for the Fascist Flag and i think it looks quite cool for palestine so that might be worth taking, although i dont know what the PDM's one would be so who knows which is better.
    oh, and im also making an alaska at the moment to solve the problem where it gets called Russia on account of the cores there once anyone else gets it. So if you think youd want that i'll post it here when im done too.

Any other parts of the world youre particularly keen to catch up on. I still feel russia needs a few more bits to break up into before it'll become plausible but at the moment im thinking more along the lines of post-colonial african states or in the americas to allow clean dissolution of empires and prettier map naming.

Don't Press the O

Quote Originally Posted by Orinsul View Post
    their ones are probably better. however i used the CoA for the Fascist Flag and i think it looks quite cool for palestine so that might be worth taking, although i dont know what the PDM's one would be so who knows which is better.
    I used PDM's for the moment, but I'll take another look at the Palestine fascist flag.

oh, and im also making an alaska at the moment to solve the problem where it gets called Russia on account of the cores there once anyone else gets it. So if you think youd want that i'll post it here when im done too.
    You're making Alaska... as a vassal state? I suppose that's fine, but keep in mind the Alaska purchase treats the land as if its a Russian colony. It won't work if Russia doesn't own the territory directly. And it is Russian Alaska/North America until it's sold, so I'm not sure the label on the map is really an issue.

Any other parts of the world youre particularly keen to catch up on. I still feel russia needs a few more bits to break up into before it'll become plausible but at the moment im thinking more along the lines of post-colonial african states or in the americas to allow clean dissolution of empires and prettier map naming.
    Personally I prefer countries that have some plausibility, or at the very least are attached to a minority culture (so there's the possibility of a rebellion). The current Russian states are pretty dubious on the whole, but at least some of them (all except for the Ural State) have cultures attached.

If I were to pick an area that needed some attention, I'd agree that Africa could use some more states... though that gets into pretty tricky territory. With pre-colonial African states, if they have any coastal areas it effectively means the area will get conquered long before someone should have been able to colonize the territory at all. If it's a post-colonial African state, really the cores shouldn't appear until it's colonized (which is less problematic but does require an event for each one).

Oh, and in case anyone missed it, the new version of NNM is located here.

I'd appreciate it if any discussion were continued there.

The problem with Alaska is that if say, France gets in it a war, its called French Russia, i think Alaskan cores should fix that. Its not really important but it bugs me, especially when it becomes the French USSR or the French Russian Republic etc
    As for russia interior, it is a huge area where russians are a minority and yet the game gave it no national revolts and grouped the central asian and mongol culture groups so awkwardly that union-tags wont really work there.
    it just made no sense in Victoria and now in Victoria II that russia might spend half the game with everything from the urals to the sea under rebel control due to the higher revolt risk from minority cultures but as they never had anything to revolt too they always stayed Russia, just under perpetual rebel control. You cant only by where revolts historically happened, as the game doesnt let the world be stable where it was historically stable as then itd be a movie not a game.
    With the Colonials, Decision based nations are atleast in my mind, better. Easier to merge with other mods as you dont need to muck about in the provinces files and they work with the Mod Directory. So Post-Colonial Nations should be easy enough to set up. Its just again that Victoria II has a culture based nationalism but no nations for the majority of culture and culture groups to revolt into to, so there is instability and revolts but nothing ever comes of it.

Don't Press the O

Responded to this in the new thread.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Very good Mod! If anyone wants a different kind of game here’s a saved game (1/1/1836) with today's/modern countries in (except for most of Africa).
    Thank you for making more countries, so keep them coming I haven’t noticed much more lag from these new nations too.

How do you make countries?

theres a guide in the stickied modding guide post. but it works the same as with EU3 and all the others.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...Modding-Guides

Don't Press the O

why the hell have you used such flags for westphalia?

communist - looks like something from Lippe
    fascist - thats the flag of Dortmund
    monarchy - the flag of the Westphalian kingdom under the bonapartes
    republic - flag of nothrhine-westphalia

just the first one of "normal" westphalia looks correct, cause the westphalian colors have allways been red-white.
    this is the original flag of the prussian province of westphalia (also in use today for example in the northrhine-westfalian flag)
    "Diplomatie ohne Waffen ist wie Musik ohne Instrumente."

Friedrich der Große

This Mod is not yet compatible with the 1.4 patch right?

That's a silly question... it just came out.

You're probably looking for the update here. It's compatible with 1.4.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

This may sound like a really stupid question but how do you install the mod?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by jakeshortj View Post
    This may sound like a really stupid question but how do you install the mod?
    First of all, don't download this version, get the much improved and up to date 1.6 version.

This is the old inactive thread, we really need to get it locked with a message directing people to the new thread.

Anyway, you install this the same way you install all VIC2 mods, just download the files and then copy and paste them over your VIC2 installation files.

You should probably make a backup copy of Victoria 2 on your system, just go into wherever you have the game installed (Program files or Steam, etc.) and just copy the whole game folder to somewhere else. Then you can put mods into that version and still keep the vanilla as a clean backup.

So as I said, just copy and paste the files and folders of NNM into you VIC2 game folder, it will ask you if you want to overwrite the files, just say yes to all, etc. Then open this modded version of VIC2 with the exe file (it's called "v2game"), you might want to make a shortcut to it on the desktop so you can open it quickly.

Is that enough explanation? If you still can't get it to work for some reason, just ask either here or on the other thread, or ask a general question in the Modding section of the forum and I’m sure they’ll help you deal with it.

Thread closed, use newer version.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11