• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Its good for a change, dont you agree? ;)

You still remember our epic wars in Summer of Discontent? Man, those were the days! We were so goddamn poor but we (Lyko, me, you, Earendhil, Bob and Mulliman) were at each other's throats the entire game while Tonio (portugal) and FAL (spain) grew filthy rich from beating poor cheech (france). I kinda miss these days when i was a noob. Not that i have improved that much - i am a semi-newbie after all!

You know, one of my wildest dreams in EU2 is fighting a war alongside Aladar because he is a lovely chap and because we never had the chance to (well, he asked for my help once in Last Stand against Drake, but i had no chance of victory there so that one time doesnt count). Perhaps allying with King John again for a change would be also a nice thing to do although he is rarely up to it and i know he cant be trusted (i started playing EU2 fighting Johnny and i guess it will end just like that as well).

Even Ear whom i considered as the biggest backstabber is a nice ally! (When and while the coin is good! :D)

EDITED: Engel, do you still use ICQ? I wanted to have a little conversation in private with you.
Oh those days, what fun.:rolleyes::D

I don't use any messenger anymore, you can PM me.

@ Drake, we are going back in for our drakes after the summer hiatus.:)

Edit: btw I can't remember KJ ever backstabbing me, must be something wrong with your gamestyle. :D

Edit: btw I can't remember KJ ever backstabbing me, must be something wrong with your gamestyle.

Well, you misunderstood me there. I believe he only backstabbed me once in all these years. Saying that he cannot be trusted is diferent than saying that he backstabbed me. When i said he "could not be trusted" i was refering to the fact that if we were allies and if he grew too strong he would most likely forget the alliance and come after me. ;)

Now that made me remember when Ear force vassalized me in my first game as France. He certainly surprised me in that one. But enough of past games.

It must be in private and... outside of the forums. You got an email? ;)

Well, you misunderstood me there. I believe he only backstabbed me once in all these years. Saying that he cannot be trusted is diferent than saying that he backstabbed me. When i said he "could not be trusted" i was refering to the fact that if we were allies and if he grew too strong he would most likely forget the alliance and come after me. ;)

Now that made me remember when Ear force vassalized me in my first game as France. He certainly surprised me in that one. But enough of past games.

It must be in private and... outside of the forums. You got an email? ;)

now something important: do we start next week? :D

Oh those days, what fun.:rolleyes::D

@ Drake, we are going back in for our drakes after the summer hiatus.:)

Edit: btw I can't remember KJ ever backstabbing me, must be something wrong with your gamestyle. :D

what drakes, there no drakes in icc 25 unles you count sindragosa wich is kinda dead

now something important: do we start next week? :D

THAT is a good question to which i am afraid i cannot answer yet.

First i need to know a few things...

Shogul and Bulldozer are you all able to play at Sunday OR Monday? We might be able to wait a week or so if everyone agrees with it if you are only able to start playing around 30 of august.

In the meanwhile i will also try to contact a few more fellows to see if they are interested because we are innevitably going to lose 2 or 3 players due to the fact not everyone is available at the same time during the same day of the week to play the game.

Last edited:
Well I can't, still waiting on the patch from impulse and so are the steam users.

I figure I will just buy the game from gamersgate soon if this takes longer. It's worth the money anyway.

no

and noone paid me

Shogul and Bulldozer are you all able to play at Sunday OR Monday? We might be able to wait a week or so if everyone agrees with it if you are only able to start playing around 30 of august.

Sorry for the late reply, I have been travelling and didnt have access to the internet :)

Yes, I am fairly certain I can play Sunday and Monday both.. since quitting the evil World of Warcraft a month or so back, I dont really have much to take up my week (assuming reasonable GMT-game times).

Have nations been assigned yet? I could put up some preferences if you want but honestly I don't really mind where I am placed.

I would guess VH/weakling as always. Or just Normal/Weakling since we are playing against each other more than the AI.

so ego can you give us a link to the mod yet ?
and when do we start/what day ?
i need to know fairly soon if i have to keep monday next week open or not

so ego can you give us a link to the mod yet ?
and when do we start/what day ?
i need to know fairly soon if i have to keep monday next week open or not

We are most likely going to start at the 29 or 30 of this month, not next week, no. But i would like to speak with you about a thing or two, first, in private.

Very Hard is the best setting IMO. Otherwise the badboy reduction is too fast.

All multiplayer games are played under Normal/Normal. Very hard simply makes it too hard for certain nations (specially those landlocked countries that must eat a lot of AIs, like Austria), while making it too easy for the colonizers who annex mostly and only pagans (like spain).

what drakes, there no drakes in icc 25 unles you count sindragosa wich is kinda dead

ridingundeaddrakeheadblue.jpg

One of these beauty's ofcourse.:D

And im not sure, but steam patch ain't out yet. I can't play until then.

just patch without it. You dont steam to patch games for you. Put it in "dont update automaitcly", dl patch and install"

I'm ready to play. Following the enlisting scheme from BurningEgo:

Weekday prefered:

Monday or Friday (somewhere between 19:00-24:00 CET)

Country preferences:

1º Ottoman Empire
2º Sweden
3º Portugal
4º Poland
5º Austria

I'm from Spain, btw.

I would like to know how quick it should be played the game, I mean, I think we should play in slow or very slow motion, in order to issue orders, because we cannot pause the game. What's your opinion?
Furthermore, I like the FTG interface, like the reminders for lots of things. Going backwards to EU2 might be not so good.