• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As I said already the last time I tried to play FTG in MP it didn't work but with the new patch I am willing to give it another chance. First we'd have to test it though to make sure it doesn't crash once the game starts.

If things are really that bad we will have to get to back to EU2 (the mod is ready to be played in EU2 if such comes to pass). But lets not start suposing things. ;)

EDITED:

Also, i have a serious problem understanding what most people in here consider a "land power". The only nations that seems to enter this field in my opinion are Austria, Persia and the Mughals due to the complete lack of ports. All the others are able to do fairly nice even if with some dificulty. But obviously my opinion might differ from other people, so please clarify what you consider as a "land power", Tonio and Sorelus.

Also Sorelus, what time/weekday are you able to play?

Last edited:
Also, i have a serious problem understanding what most people in here consider a "land power".

Any nation which draws most of it's resources from inland provinces and needs a large army to cover these provinces.

Also Sorelus, what time/weekday are you able to play?

Assuming that we start around 19:00-20:00 cet *always* with exeption of Thursday.

Last edited:
yes, France, OE, BRA, RUS, POL are land powers

I might join this game, but I will be in Japan on vacation until August 29th :p
Perhaps I could join as the Dutch in 1550?

Either way, here's to hoping for a stable MP 1.2 experience! :)

yes, France, OE, BRA, RUS, POL are land powers

It is funny that you consider the OE a land power when the OE is the one with the biggest ship supply limit around easily.

It is funny that you consider the OE a land power when the OE is the one with the biggest ship supply limit around easily

I'd consider the OE and France as something in between because the former usually has a long coastline as well as interests in limited overseas expansion while the latter needs a reasonably powerfull navy to defend it's colonys. Both however are different from Portugal, England or the Netherlands in so far as they have strong land powers at their borders which are usually hostile and which they can not effectively defend against without a large army.

Hiya

Just saw that this game was coming up for FTG 1.2. I might be interested in playing this autumn if my studies don't give me too much work. I won't be back online until the 30:th though and as I don't know my schedule yet I don't wanna commit to anything. I will probably be availble for subing if needed though. I'll check in when I get back again and see how things are going.

And concerning the MP-problems with 1.1 I tested 1.2 with a friend and my computers at home and we played 10 years on vanilla with 3 computers without problems so seems to be working alright. The mp-connection-bugs seems to still be there from eu2 though, at least some of them.

Peace out

Hiya

Just saw that this game was coming up for FTG 1.2. I might be interested in playing this autumn if my studies don't give me too much work. I won't be back online until the 30:th though and as I don't know my schedule yet I don't wanna commit to anything. I will probably be availble for subing if needed though. I'll check in when I get back again and see how things are going.

And concerning the MP-problems with 1.1 I tested 1.2 with a friend and my computers at home and we played 10 years on vanilla with 3 computers without problems so seems to be working alright. The mp-connection-bugs seems to still be there from eu2 though, at least some of them.

Peace out

what mp connection bug ?

Well the one I've been able to test so far on FTG is the one that makes it impossible to join a game hosted by a computer on the same rauter as you. For instance I have my computers A and B. If A hosts localy or internet I cannot join with B in any way. I've tested local IP, hamchi IP general one and I've opened ports and everything. The same goes for A if B hosted. If another computer C (not on the rauter) hosts both A and B can connect without problems. Another friend that also have multiple computers behind the same rauter has the same problem. The only way to connect them to eachother is to ditch the rauter and have a network-cable directly from A to B. I guess this might be more of a rauter problem with eu2 and ftg than anything else but it's still a bit annoying if you happen to share an appartment with another eu2-player.

I don't know if this is really the correct spot in the forum to post this but I'll do it anyway.

Other connection bugs we've experienced as we've kept playing eu2 mp is for one that with valkyrienet down it gets more and more difficult to find a host that all 8 players can connect to. Atm we have two IP's that can. If any of those players are absent or on different IP's there is at least one player who can't connect properly. This monday for instance we had to cancel because those two were absent and noone of the other six could host so that all six could connect. Although we used hamachi with good connection and open ports. To solve the problem we remotely connected to the host computer left running and started a game from there...

Also we've noticed that if a player lags out and eu2 crashes during the game there is a small chance that somehow it seems as if his eu2 thinks he is still connected to the host, and he therefore can't connect anymore to that IP (not sure this is the real reason). This has happened 2 times for us and once we had to change host, the other time the player changed computer. The weird thing is that even uninstalling the game doens't help. So from being able to connect, his computer can't connect anymore to that host after a crash...

Hadn't we loved the game too much we probably would've given up on mp a long time ago.. :p

Well the one I've been able to test so far on FTG is the one that makes it impossible to join a game hosted by a computer on the same rauter as you. For instance I have my computers A and B. If A hosts localy or internet I cannot join with B in any way. I've tested local IP, hamchi IP general one and I've opened ports and everything. The same goes for A if B hosted. If another computer C (not on the rauter) hosts both A and B can connect without problems. Another friend that also have multiple computers behind the same rauter has the same problem. The only way to connect them to eachother is to ditch the rauter and have a network-cable directly from A to B. I guess this might be more of a rauter problem with eu2 and ftg than anything else but it's still a bit annoying if you happen to share an appartment with another eu2-player.
That's interesting because that's the only configuration that I've been able to consistently test and I haven't had any problems. :confused:

with eu2 strange non-connection happenes, while my last experience with hoi2 show lack of such problems.

But hamachi last couple of years is quite unstable, and it is preffered very much to play without hamachi as much as possible.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Hamachi either. Then again I've never had issues with opening ports and such either.

I don't know if this is really the correct spot in the forum to post this but I'll do it anyway.

Other connection bugs we've experienced as we've kept playing eu2 mp is for one that with valkyrienet down it gets more and more difficult to find a host that all 8 players can connect to. Atm we have two IP's that can. If any of those players are absent or on different IP's there is at least one player who can't connect properly. This monday for instance we had to cancel because those two were absent and noone of the other six could host so that all six could connect. Although we used hamachi with good connection and open ports. To solve the problem we remotely connected to the host computer left running and started a game from there...

Also we've noticed that if a player lags out and eu2 crashes during the game there is a small chance that somehow it seems as if his eu2 thinks he is still connected to the host, and he therefore can't connect anymore to that IP (not sure this is the real reason). This has happened 2 times for us and once we had to change host, the other time the player changed computer. The weird thing is that even uninstalling the game doens't help. So from being able to connect, his computer can't connect anymore to that host after a crash...

Hadn't we loved the game too much we probably would've given up on mp a long time ago.. :p

can not connect to host or connected ok but CTD after host press starting?

I'm interested, I think all days are fine for me except wednesday (ICC farm nights).

Also put me anywhere I can be obvious ally to EGO.;) No naval/trade powers please. Oh, btw is it possible for people using steam/impulse clients to play with others? As I'm using steam it would be useful to know.

Edit: go on me guys I am now throughly noob. :D

I'm interested, I think all days are fine for me except wednesday (ICC farm nights).

Also put me anywhere I can be obvious ally to EGO.;) No naval/trade powers please. Oh, btw is it possible for people using steam/impulse clients to play with others? As I'm using steam it would be useful to know.

Edit: go on me guys I am now throughly noob. :D

heroic or normal icc ?

Yeah, the game itself isn't any different. It's just different regposts for installing. Also the reason why patches sucks ass compared to gamersgate.
(yes I'm bitter about the patches)

Also put me anywhere I can be obvious ally to EGO.

Its good for a change, dont you agree? ;)

You still remember our epic wars in Summer of Discontent? Man, those were the days! We were so goddamn poor but we (Lyko, me, you, Earendhil, Bob and Mulliman) were at each other's throats the entire game while Tonio (portugal) and FAL (spain) grew filthy rich from beating poor cheech (france). I kinda miss these days when i was a noob. Not that i have improved that much - i am a semi-newbie after all!

You know, one of my wildest dreams in EU2 is fighting a war alongside Aladar because he is a lovely chap and because we never had the chance to (well, he asked for my help once in Last Stand against Drake, but i had no chance of victory there so that one time doesnt count). Perhaps allying with King John again for a change would be also a nice thing to do although he is rarely up to it and i know he cant be trusted (i started playing EU2 fighting Johnny and i guess it will end just like that as well).

Even Ear whom i considered as the biggest backstabber is a nice ally! (When and while the coin is good! :D)

EDITED: Engel, do you still use ICQ? I wanted to have a little conversation in private with you.

guys, from my hoi2 mp experience, i really advise to use skype chat for gathering. It is really convinient to pick up lost people and be sure everyone came before the game.

Than phacking up everyone at icq.