• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Didn't think of that. I will make sure the remaining irregulars get posted as Home Guard after the war with Korea.

I know the system of raising troops is different from V1 but whenever I played Japan I'd raise a new regular division, then 'unenlist' an irregular division and then use that manpower to build a new 'regular' division. I cannot wait to see how it works when I have the game a week from now.

JapanAAR in V2! Bismarck hold Katana and wear Hachimaki!? I'm in!
I'm going to be playing first as Japan,so this is very interesting AAR for learning game.

The sprite of Samurais looks nice,but sadly their useless irregular units in the game terms.
In V2,Can an uncivilized nation DOW at a non-border country? (In V1,It's impossible I recall correctly)

Nice to see some detailed insight on how the current version of the game plays out.

And Japan is a great choice. I've been hoping that one of the beta/preview AAR's would be about it, and you just fulfilled my wish. Once the game comes out Japan is definitely going to be my second choice after a mandatory Prussian campaign.

Mil score is based on your soldier pops and army techs.

Thanks. Doesn't it have anything to do with unit-experience and won battles as well?

I think the betas are testing/playing a newer version than gold version.

the full/gold version is some days old.

This version was finalised and released today.

In V2,Can an uncivilized nation DOW at a non-border country? (In V1,It's impossible I recall correctly)
As Japan can DOW Korea and even landlocked Nepal so I guess others can do the same.

One question: are any other parties available for you to choose?

Yes, I can choose Court Faction (which is just the same) and Liberal Faction.

2ly4qxu.jpg

2mhu6u9.jpg
Chapter IV: The Invasion of Korea- Part I

By 1840 I had gathered a substantial force of 11 regular infantry brigades supported by two regiments of artillery and six brigades of irregulars to back them up. The feat of shipping the troops across the straits would still be performed by my three clippers.

Declaring war on Korea would give me an infamy hit of 20. It sounds severe but as I have nothing to compare it with I don't have any idea how severe it is. Achieving my goals: total conquest, would net me 10 Prestige points and those I need desperately if I want to civilize Japan.

xpvjmh.jpg

From the previous chapter you might remember my generals were not top-notch. Not at all in fact. As I now, because of the little setback, had gathered some more points to spend I could create a new one. Gonnohyoe Shimamura stepped forward, lured by the glory of a successful invasion. He was the first skilled general under my command and is thus the obvious choice to lead the war against Korea. Sadly he would not see the completion of it due to his early death.

8yguwn.jpg

To surprise the Koreans I wouldn't wait till spring but land my first troops in September of 1840. Shimamura's plan was to gain a foothold in the undefended south. Build up a bridgehead and strike north at Seoul when he had gathered a force strong enough to do so confidently.
--His plan was a wise one, hatched after I had first landed at Wonju and was defeated losing my entire army->reload->continue.--

2s01i74.jpg

25uhzid.jpg

Success was soon achieved and while Shimamura marched slowly on Seoul, making sure to capture every province thoroughly, the cunning Koreans circumvented his force and struck from the rear, trying to dislocate the covering force from the bridgehead. Shimamura reinforced his army and a victory was the result.

20qb1mw.jpg

24b4tc9.jpg

Btw, is there is a risk of angering China if you invade Korea? They're not a GP so they can't have a SOI, but from historical perspective it would be weird if they just sat and watched Japan invading Korea. Is there any alliance or guarantee between them, or has it been left out at scenario start?

Edit: Guess your update just answered my question.

IIRC OHgamer said his France had an infamy limit of 25. Going over that would mean badboy wars as the GP moved to cut the offender down to size (see the Brazil AAR).

I'm not sure if the limit changes with different countries though.

All I'm saying is watch your back - the last thing you need is Russia tramplinging into Korea and Britain landing on Honshu.

IIRC OHgamer said his France had an infamy limit of 25. Going over that would mean badboy wars as the GP moved to cut the offender down to size (see the Brazil AAR).

I'm not sure if the limit changes with different countries though.

All I'm saying is watch your back - the last thing you need is Russia tramplinging into Korea and Britain landing on Honshu.

Any idea where I can find my BB/Infamy-rating?

Btw, is there is a risk of angering China if you invade Korea? They're not a GP so they can't have a SOI, but from historical perspective it would be weird if they just sat and watched Japan invading Korea. Is there any alliance or guarantee between them, or has it been left out at scenario start?

Edit: Guess your update just answered my question.

Relation remained the same but I got 20 infamy which apparently (see post above by Tommy) is a lot.

Relation remained the same but I got 20 infamy which apparently (see post above by Tommy) is a lot.

It appears to be quite a bit, especially if the limit is truly 25 before spiraling into BB wars, but it's intended to make sure you stick to wars you have justification for rather then just declaring war on all your neighbors with no better reason then you want their land. lol.

As long as you don't intend any other wars without justification for awhile then it shouldn't be that big a deal though. I guess we shall see. :)

Korea deserves to be wiped off the map just for the hideous army sprite they use. :mad: What the hell is that, a hotel page aiming a broomstick at the samurais??
When you watch the image of the sprites fighting it looks as if the Korean sprite wondered how to use a rifle and samurai sprite was about to cut it's head off. :D

Looks like the Koreans are really bad fighters, losing a whole 12k army with only a few hundred Japanese casualties. Or were there some other factors contributing to the result? It's pretty decisive victory when both sides are uncivs and there's probably not that much difference in tech.