• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can't find it in the diplo screen, only military score and rank.

I guess he meant this screen:

28sq6mh.jpg

Dunno if that number is really the amount of brigades... Isn't it a bit gamey to have knowledge about every countries exact military numbers?

How's performance?

Dunno if that number is really the amount of brigades... Isn't it a bit gamey to have knowledge about every countries exact military numbers?

It was not in Vicky at least, regulars and irregulars contributed different amounts to the score. Naval ships also counted, as did reserves and brigades attached to your standing divisions. It was not possible to do more then estimate army size based on military score.

It was not in Vicky at least, regulars and irregulars contributed different amounts to the score. Naval ships also counted, as did reserves and brigades attached to your standing divisions. It was not possible to do more then estimate army size based on military score.

I wasn't talking about military score, I was talking about the numbers 489 and 37 next to the cannon and anchor icons. I guess they represent amount of ships and brigades.

I wasn't talking about military score, I was talking about the numbers 489 and 37 next to the cannon and anchor icons. I guess they represent amount of ships and brigades.

Yes they do.

The military score is really strange. I have disbanded my army and navy as a test and the score remained the same. It seems only to be very slowly lowered when the number of soldiers POPs start to dwindle.

2mhu6u9.jpg
Chapter XII: The long road ahead

Problems had started as early as 1841 when the first signs of growing unrest amongst the population showed. By 1845 it had become epidemic. Korea was a hotbed of militancy, nothing to be fearful of as I had a strong army posted there and it wasn't like 1789 France (yet), but it could be a sign for what is to come.

k00fv9.jpg

sdmyj5.jpg

In January '46 the first outburst of violence takes place in Edo. A demonstration is dispersed and turns violent. Discharged samurai take up arms and the streets of the capital run red with blood when a couple of thousand insurgents have to be fought off.

28wo27s.jpg

The living standards in Japan are better then a couple of years before. Most people get their Life- and Everyday-needs, although there is still one group which remains a problem. The number of rebellious POPs has grown but still all of them are in Korea. As long as there is no war with the Chinese that should not prove to be a problem. Militancy is high in places however and consciousness growing and growing.

dwf4m9.jpg

21didyd.jpg

In a futile attempt to stop this I end my educational spending for a while. The National Focus is changed from clergymen to bureaucrats as well. Efficiency above research, just a few more years to go and our goal for which the research was crucial is reached. I have now reached 1.8% clergy in Edo and 1.2% overall anyways.

akai9x.jpg

29mohfc.jpg

Late 1849 sees another monumental event on the other side of the globe, the American Civil War. And unexpectedly the CSA is assailed from two sides as Mexico jumps in for the pickings as well. The CSA doesn't stand a chance but if Mexico grabs part of Dixie the future of North-America will be very interesting.

16ap269.jpg

It might well be, as there was a page in the original Victoria ledger that allowed you to see the exact amounts and types of regiments and ships each country had at a glance.

Also, a fine update, pity about the CSA. Keep 'm coming. :D

Coals of revolution are igniting. :D

How do beerocrats help in this situation? I'd expect clergy to be more useful since they both pacify and reduce conciousness of the masses.

Nice update, this AAR definitively helped to survive over the weekend. ;)

How long until you'll have the last of the tech you need to civilise?

I'm looking forward to Japan's rapid industrialisation :)

Is that Mexico occupying eastern Kentucky? :eek:

I guess he meant this screen:

28sq6mh.jpg

That's what I meant and yes it's the number of brigades. You can see everyone's army/navy size in most paradox games. What you can't see in V2 is what they're made up of though, so you see they have X brigades and Y ships. They could be tanks and Dreadnaugts or Irregulars and frigates though.

That's what I meant and yes it's the number of brigades. You can see everyone's army/navy size in most paradox games. What you can't see in V2 is what they're made up of though, so you see they have X brigades and Y ships. They could be tanks and Dreadnaugts or Irregulars and frigates though.

But will we be able to see these numbers in MP too?

The military score is really strange. I have disbanded my army and navy as a test and the score remained the same. It seems only to be very slowly lowered when the number of soldiers POPs start to dwindle.
In that case it makes sense that China would have the highest ranking if it is based on available manpower...

In that case it makes sense that China would have the highest ranking if it is based on available manpower...

I think King said somewhere that military score is based on soldier pops, ships and tech.

Aren't there reserves that you can call up aside from the standing army?

I really hope the USA takes a more aggressive state towards Mexico later.

Me too. I really hate it how in every AAR they just leave Mexico with Texas and California.

That Florida looks just ripe for Mexico to reclaim.