+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Under the Rising Sun - A V2 Review AAR

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Sadly there's no prestige on The rights of man. For the prestiege techs that do have prestige for the early researchers you can see the current "shared prestige" in the tooltips so you can see if you're likely to get a big bonus or not.

Nice AAR so far, it's inspired me to play JAP again too.
    Relentless madman.

Simplified and Stylish Realism Bob Ilyani's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Woah Scandinavia

Great AAR. It's nice to see someone actually stumbling through the game (like I probably will the first few times through) rather than just conquering all. Keep it up!

Star Swirl the Bearded Baneslave's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy4ever View Post
    Have you checked your BB limit?
    Yeah.

Lt.-Colonel of Guerillas Singleton Mosby's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiShip Simulator ExtremesSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Mosby's Confederacy, Guerilla territory, VA. CSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ilyani View Post
    Woah Scandinavia

Great AAR. It's nice to see someone actually stumbling through the game (like I probably will the first few times through) rather than just conquering all. Keep it up!
    Keep up stumbling?

Won't dissapoint you btw.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Sweet AAR! Just a couple of questions though. If increasing the education slider only allocates more money to the clergy, how does the literacy rate go up? Does the increase in clergy increase the literacy of the state they're in? Also are you still far behind other countries tech-wise? How do you plan on spending all that money? Building factories when the time comes? Just wondering...
    "Buy the ticket. Take the ride."- Hunter S. Thompson
    "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

If you like lawyers as much as I do, this link is for you!
    http://rinkworks.com/said/courtroom.shtml

200k clubAchtung PanzerCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings Crusade
    Semper FiShip Simulator ExtremesSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by Nikephorus16 View Post
    Sweet AAR! Just a couple of questions though. If increasing the education slider only allocates more money to the clergy, how does the literacy rate go up? Does the increase in clergy increase the literacy of the state they're in? Also are you still far behind other countries tech-wise? How do you plan on spending all that money? Building factories when the time comes? Just wondering...
    You are right about how the education slider and litteracy works.

I have no idea how my tech is compared to European nations and China, no idea if there is a way to find out.

Once Japan becomes civilized I will invest big-time in Factories and railroads as well as fortifications on the Korean border.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

188 months until badboy goes away... right in time to annex China in one go.
    There are three roads to ruin: by gambling, which is the quickest; through women, which is the most pleasurable; and through taking the advice of experts, which is the most certain.

Charles André Joseph Marie De Gaulle

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLegioMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Great read. Eagerly anticipating the next installment.

As someone above put it, this sure is not making the agonizing wait for release day any easier!

And I agree, Victoria II does look like the most beautiful Paradox game yet.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

So, we all know what your regular army consists of, but with your militar spending, how many regiments will you get when you mobilize? (I'm assuming a lot which is what is scaring the Chinese.)
    "Just when they think they have all the answers, I change the questions." -- Roddy Piper

I'm hitting F5 as fast as I can!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLegioLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by vertinox View Post
    I'm hitting F5 as fast as I can!
    same ^^

im wondering who you'll pick on and how easy it will be to get the prestige. The Military score came a lot easier than i imagined.

Simplified and Stylish Realism Bob Ilyani's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Singleton Mosby View Post
    Keep up stumbling?

Won't dissapoint you btw.
    Sure. Makes me know how I'll play through my first few games.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Nice AAR, really helping to ease the wait

I Do however have a question, does Japan actually only have a population of 7m at game start, or is the display showing the number of POPs?

Back in Vicky you had quite a bit more than 7 million people atleast xD
    Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. - Murphy's law

The Dream of Dumbarton Watch the rebirth of Strathclyde in my first AAR!

Best Character Writer of the Week: 3/2/13 Fan of the week: 1/6/13

"Fear not what will be, fear what has already come to pass"

Quote Originally Posted by A_Dane View Post
    I Do however have a question, does Japan actually only have a population of 7m at game start, or is the display showing the number of POPs?

Back in Vicky you had quite a bit more than 7 million people atleast xD
    It has 7 milion at start, 10,2 after conquering Korea.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    ...but is that population or population units?
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

Imam Of The House in Imp. Off. Herbert West's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Hungary (aka Carpathian Wastelands) Forget that, its Trondheim, baby!
    Blog Entries
    Thats the working male population. Multiply by 4 to get the real population.

Same as in Vicky1, the sum of your pops was always a quarter of your displayed population.
    The forest seeps frozen blood - occult storybook AAR set in the North of Westeros

My Inkwell

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert West View Post

Same as in Vicky1, the sum of your pops was always a quarter of your displayed population.
    That seems logical indeed. Thanks

Let's continue with the AAR; another post so you don't have to F5 all the time.

Chapter VIII: The Western Wind

As my Clergy is at the moment still only 1.3% of the population of Edo I will retain my national focus on this for a little while longer. The most effective percentage is supposedly 2% so they are allowed to grow some more. With 1,5 million inhabitants the state of Edo is the both the most important and most populated of Japan. Thus once I reach 2% clergy my next focal point will be bureaucrats in the same province. My capital will be full of educated men!

On December 15th 1843 Japan gets “Western Influence” which means 10% extra research-points and, as a drawback, some more POP militancy. Of course I say goodbye to Edo and the era of isolationism.

There are a few things I can do now to let this “Western Wind” gather more strength and become a hurricane. First of all there is some colonisation. I am not sure if it adds to prestige but it might do so. There are several suitable islands to colonise in the Pacific such as Midway but all of these have hardly any population which can work for my colonists. To the north of Japan there is the Halshenwai island which looks more interesting for now. It will have to wait till I discovered Right of Men however as that will give me another National Focus to use.

When I look at the options to colonise these islands for the second time I find out however, this is only a possibility for a Great or Secondary power. Too bad, it will have to wait.

As mentioned before there is also the possibility of waging war and gain prestige. If I don't want to get into a conflict with China just yet I will have to look south, far to the south. Here I find two interesting targets. Burnei and Dai Nam.

While Burnei is the smaller of the two information about a freedom movement by the Cambodians in Dai Nam has reached us making this a more interesting venture.
    There are two options. A. a war of humiliation which gives me 5 prestige in exchange for another 1.6 infamy or B. a war to release the freedom-loving Cambodians. I would gain 5 prestige and lose only 0.5 infamy. The later is the more interesting choice for the first of the prestige-wars.

For now I let it be however. For one my navy is not strong enough to transport a substantial force this far. And, I am a bit wary of the Chinese and their intentions on the Korean border.

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpire
    Lead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesV2 BetaPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert West View Post

According to the devs and one of the recent AARs, you can see both POPs and the actual population. One of them is already on the screen, the other is in the tooltip when you mouse over, if I remember correctly.
    The Little Unciv that Could - A Let's Play AAR of Heart of Darkness as Japan (Featured in AARlander Edition 8)
    Let Europe Burn! - A Norse Let's Play AAR of The Old Gods

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast