• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice AAR. It always good to get more info on Vic2, and read a nice, wellwritten AAR. Keep up the good work

So if unciv's can recruit regular infantry, why would anyone in their right mind want to recruit irregulars?

Or is there a tech requirement for regulars?

So if unciv's can recruit regular infantry, why would anyone in their right mind want to recruit irregulars?

Or is there a tech requirement for regulars?

Flintlock Rifles has to be researched before one can recruit regulars.

Just wondering- why you're not using cavalry? Cav should give you reconnaissance bonus, making battles easier to win. No money or no idea? :p

I have no cavalry as I can't build them yet.

2mhu6u9.jpg
Chapter VI: The Invasion of Korea - Part II

Just after the first victory in the Kwanjung province news of a Korean build-up around Seoul reaches Shimamura'. He is quick to counter this and strikes with the units returning from their victory in the south.

The Koreans, however, split their forces into two armies. The first one, which marched west, some 10.000 men, I defeat with ease. The second, proves to be a bit more of a problem. Shimamura attacks their 12.000 with equal numbers but is countered and almost defeated, only able to win final victory when reinforced by some 8.000 more men. The pursuit is on and the remainder of the two Korean forces gathers in the south and are defeated. They cry for peace (a white peace) but it is all over for them.

30waxag.jpg

sexich.jpg

By the end of 1841 all of Southern-Korea is conquered by my troops who have now recuperated from the hard-fought battles of the summer (many units had been all but wiped out). I move on and over the next full year occupy what is left of mainland Korea. Forgetting about their little isle in the straits I have to grab this as an afterthought.

i78qix.jpg

Almost having finished them rebels pop up all over Korea on the same date. I only have two armies of four units each renaming there but still am able to subdue them quickly as they are scattered and only 3.000 men strong each.

x572pf.jpg

Only then am I able to sue for peace. My warscore is 94%. Not 100 because two Korean transports still block one of my ports. Already I am building my first frigate but I didn't have to as they give in and Korea is completely annexed. Victory!

Is that 33-regiment strong chinese army irregulars or regulars?

Has scandinavia formed already?

In the name of the Emperor, I suggest you take some time to cool down your BB now.:p

Interesting AAR. :)

A question regarding BB ... you got slapped with 20 when you DOWed Korea with the goal to annex them. Are you slapped again when you win the war and actually do annex them or does it remain as is?

Kudos to the AI for forming Scandinavia (Dunno what the requirements are though, maybe it's just easy)! And nice AAR btw. My knowledge of the original Vicky is VERY limited (Never actually played it), so I'm trying to read as much as I can to get to the 13th with some knowledge.

How the heck did Scandinavia form? I can see you're in 1841, so the two German-Danish wars haven't been fought. Does this mean there is a new way of uniting Scandinavia?

Is that 33-regiment strong chinese army irregulars or regulars?

Has scandinavia formed already?

I can only see the 33,000 men strong army (eleven regiments) is made up solely of infantry. I can't see if those are irregulars or not.

To answer your other question: yes, Scandinavia has formed.

A question regarding BB ... you got slapped with 20 when you DOWed Korea with the goal to annex them. Are you slapped again when you win the war and actually do annex them or does it remain as is?

I was only 'slapped' ones, when I started the war. Losing it, or in fact not achieving my set goals of total conquest, would mean a lost of prestige.

I suppose Scandinavia may have formed as a result of Liberal rebels. That is the only explanation I can think of for it having formed this soon.

Good job on acquiring Korea! I trust Manchuria and Taiwan are next? :)

Well, partly true. Both sliders have another effect though. Admin affects crime fighting and Education affects the rate of literacy increase. Neither directly affects RP generation, although Education does indirectly by increasing lit and encouraging more clergy.
Is that so? Simply moving the sliders farther to the right increase crime fighting and literacy increase? I didn't know that; thanks.

2mhu6u9.jpg
Chapter VII: Spoils of War

About time to take a look at my new gains. My population has grown from 7 million to 10.2, quite the gain. A lot of the provinces I gained in Korea produce iron which will be useful later on I guess.

s2xpir.jpg

The military score is 81 which is enough to become civilised, great! Funny to see I am now the 5th most powerful country in the world, well, my army is. I have 15 prestige which is still 25 short of my goal. So that's what I will be my next short-term focus. I'll try to achieve this by doing some cultural research after 'discovering' Rights of Men. It is to be hoped I will be one of the first nations discovering whatever I am going to discover and thus get a good prestige-boost. Just in case that doesn't work I will look out for some minors to 'humiliate' as well. Can't see the historical analogy for that but as long as I will gain some prestige from bullying them around I am fine with it.

2ito4y1.jpg

Another 'gain' from the past war is an infamy score of 18.8. If the BB-wars really start at 25 I will have to pay some attention and wait for a dozen years before the infamy from this war is washed off.

Within a month another 30k strong army joins the Chines force of 33.000 on the border. Either they are up to something and I should watch my back or I have scared them with my quick conquest of Korea. Whatever the case of these two I will make sure some forces are ready to oppose them if they chose to attack. Two-thirds of the 15.000 men army in Korea are send north to guard the border and a second force of 8.000 is kept at the ready in Kobe. At the moment none of these eleven brigades are at full strength but once they are I will have 33.000 men at the ready. The reserve in Edo is another 12.000 so yes, I am outnumbered. Let's just hope they don't bring in more men before soon.

28bqqzm.jpg

At this time it finally dawns on me how gorgeous Vicky II looks. I realize this is the first time I think of a Paradox game as beautiful as well instead of fun.

Will you build forts, say, on the Hamhung-Pyongyang line? Do you have the tech?

My tech level is not sufficient enough yet to build forts. But when I can I will.

Great job conquering Korea, so ahistorical but hey you take what you can get :)

I wouldn't worry much about those Chinese troops, almost guaranteed they are irregulars (if anything like the V1 armies). Looking forward to the next installment.

Ooo, this is getting exciting now!
But you're not making the wait for the game any easier :mad: :p