+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Under the Rising Sun - A V2 Review AAR

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

congratulations Mosby

And good to see the tide is turning

(although i am indeed a little worried about balancing, but then again it wasn't to beat the chinese army in vic1, it was the partisans...)
    Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. - Murphy's law

The Dream of Dumbarton Watch the rebirth of Strathclyde in my first AAR!

Best Character Writer of the Week: 3/2/13 Fan of the week: 1/6/13

"Fear not what will be, fear what has already come to pass"

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Verenti View Post
    I see Germany has formed.
    And once again it is the liberal german republic and not the German Empire.

Europa Universalis 3Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

I bow to thee, oh, great commander Mosby. YOU F***ING ROCK!!!
    Nationality: Danish
    Ideology: Communist
    Primary/Secondary Issues: Full Citizenship/Planned Economy
    Militancy: 6 (0.01)
    Consciousness: 7(-0.03)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter81 View Post
    I guess that means we will have to wait for someone else to blow up the powder cake that is Europe
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out my "Improved economical policies Mod" for Victoria 2

East vs West developer
    CORE Minister of Propaganda
    200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore_gamer View Post
    I guess that means we will have to wait for someone else to blow up the powder cake that is Europe
    Glad I'm not a visitor to your kitchen... Blowing up powder kegs is a bit more safe than messing about with combustible pastry.
    CORE Minister of Propaganda

East vs. West softcoding department

Doing my bit for the boys - CORE2 Developer & Beta tester

CORE 0.41 for Armageddon is released! Download it here
    CORE 0.62.8 Open Beta for Arsenal of Democracy is released! Download it here
    The CORE Travel Guide for AoD version 6 is released! Download it here

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIMagicka
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

Wow, great job turning the tide in the China annexation war.
    I wonder if it is possible for the short-lived Republic of Ezo to become independent in this game.

Also, this AAR is what made me finally pre-order Victoria 2.

Quote Originally Posted by psyjr View Post
    Wow, great job turning the tide in the China annexation war.
    I wonder if it is possible for the short-lived Republic of Ezo to become independent in this game.

Also, this AAR is what made me finally pre-order Victoria 2.
    Mosby, your AAR is flushing the lurkers out!

Nice to see you turning the tide. Noiw I just hope I can pull my stuff together and play the game once it's out...

50 games registered

Quote Originally Posted by Peter81 View Post
    I agree it seems entirely too often: An Absolutist Monarch should try to hold onto his power for as long as he can, but I don't think its terrible that the Frankfurt Parliament Equivelent succedes more often than it does in Vicky I. The AI should analyse whether or not the Three Hurrahs for the German Empire is likely/possible to achieve, and if so, it should turn it down-- if its an autocratic regime.
    AARs:
    Barrett's Privateers - A Nova Scotia Victoria AAR - Dead. Planned for resurrection

Mods:

Second Modernity
    Explore the years 2036 to 2136 with this mod of Victoria II
    In production
    ------
    [QUOTE_32N]

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Argh, you people commenting here always make me believe there is an update :P
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." .

Lt.-Colonel of Guerillas Singleton Mosby's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiShip Simulator ExtremesSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Mosby's Confederacy, Guerilla territory, VA. CSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamas View Post
    Argh, you people commenting here always make me believe there is an update :P
    Four and a half hour meeting at work and all stuff which had to be done before and after, hence no time to post and update...until now. Thanks for all the support, thanks you all like it.

I myself am not too much worried about balancing. What I did here was quite insane and had I not build units like mad I would not have achieved a victory. Besides, I don't know how long it will last.

Lt.-Colonel of Guerillas Singleton Mosby's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiShip Simulator ExtremesSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Mosby's Confederacy, Guerilla territory, VA. CSA
    Chapter XXIV: On to Beijing! Again...

As the troops advanced on Beijing a small Jacobinian revolt was reported in Japan. With a large number of armies forming to be thrown into the fight for China I wasn't too concerned about this revolt. But, subduing all of China was still a long and hard fight, if I would be able to pull it off anyways. This first of rebellions caused by war-exhaustion thus was an ominous one.

Bu December of 1861 Beijing had been reached and was under siege, it would be a long and hard siege but with our troops in front of the enemy capital we knew there was hope of ultimate victory.

We marched on and on, and by the summer of 1862, having taken the better third, the northern one, the army was well and truly exhausted. As the Chinese navy, seriously outnumbering but not stronger then ours was annoying me I could not feed in new troops all the time. My main transport fleet was countering their actions on the isles of Bonin and in the Korean straight where they had attacked our territory once more. A feeble attempt to blockade the Chinese coast was defeated and several of ships had to retreat to port for repairs which took the remainder of the war.

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Good luck!

Wouldn't it be better to divide China up into various smaller states instead of outright annexation?

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILead and GoldMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Interesting. It seems that after all, your offensive will be stopped, though not by the enemy, but by low supplies.

Too bad you went for Annexiation, otherwise you could go for your very own sunspot somewhere in future Manchukou
    I.C.Q.= 320939641
    Watch me battle the odds, as I lead you through the Space EmpiAAR V - Shamefully ended after 53 turns by AI-empire.
    Vicky:R - Alpha Centauri - In Sleep even since Vicky².
    Ermor Rising - A Dominions 3 MP AAR
    Endless Space AAR - Der Wille zur Macht - An Endless Space AAR
    "And if we knew nothing else of Donnie D, one thing we´d know for sure. Shakespeare, he is not."

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionHoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Ouch, that is a terrible chunk of land to swallow. Wonder what your infamy will be after you pull this one off...

Oh, btw, just wondering- how do you start pulling off political reforms in an absolutist monarchy kind of country? Still need upper house approval or...? And how's economy?
    My latest AARs

Portugal- an Empire Under the Sun: Questing for the new world and taking the old world.

de Hautevilles- Can Anyone Stop the Norman Invasion?: A tale of Normans in Southern Italy. Completed!

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
    Too bad you went for Annexiation, otherwise you could go for your very own sunspot somewhere in future Manchukou
    Not bad at all, I'm enjoying the show very much.

Have to say that Mosby is one ballsy dude for trying to annex whole China in one go.

I wonder what would have happened if he'd gone for crazy building spree before war and attacked with full mobilisation right from the start. Looks like if you want to conquer China you need to throw in all you got.
    "It is because people's minds are not logical and enlightened that the Empire is in disorder. If the country is not properly ruled there will be no end to rebellions. And if anyone wishes to get the knowledge of how to rule it properly he will only find it in books. That is why the publication of books is the beginning of beneficient rule."

- Tokugawa Ieyasu

200k clubAchtung PanzerCrusader Kings IIDeus VultElven Legacy Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

It's weird. I remember reading a Beta AAR for Victoria 1 that was quite similar to this. Japan, civilizing, quickly taking Kore, then taking China. I was quite glad to see your early armies decimated (no offense!), but now I'm somewhat disheartened. I wish you the best, but I really don't think 1860's Japan should have a ghost of a chance at annexing China. Hopefully something will happen, or, at the least, he'll find post-annexation China as hard to keep down as pre-annexation China...

Seriously though, I really don't see how Japan could POSSIBLY have the manpower for something like this. Japan in the early 20th century, yes, simply because the technological gap had become ridiculous, but Japan in 1860's.. they should be able to handle 2:1 maybe 4:1 manpower tops.. and this is probably like 30:1.

Edit: Also, I see your fish eating a fish, and raise you a snake eating an alligator: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/jowhiley/...lligator.shtml

51 games registered

Achtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossKing Arthur IILost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by Thormodr View Post

Good luck!

Best graphical representation EVER of this AAR.
    Commander Shepard: You must have had some kind of interesting experience.
    Urdnott Wrex: Well, there was this one time the Turians tried to wipe out our entire race. That was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Thormodr View Post

Good luck!

Shouldn't it technically be the smaller fish devouring the larger one?

Oh and btw, great AAR!

200k clubAchtung PanzerCrusader Kings IIDeus VultElven Legacy Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Duppshutt View Post
    Shouldn't it technically be the smaller fish devouring the larger one?

Oh and btw, great AAR!
    This is why I linked the pic of a snake eating an alligator!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast