• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Wildcat_PL

General
13 Badges
Dec 27, 2002
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • 500k Club
resources.jpg

I'm missing some oil. Is it some kind of hidden mechanism from CORE to stop me from stockpiling, because the other resources add up ok? I'm new to the CORE and haven't read the manual so I'm aware of my ignorance.

Assuming you're playing Germany, yes it's normal to be short on oil. It's the reason they put that much effort in building synthetic oil plants and such... Try trading with the Soviets, like Hitler did.

I see your point... I just checked CORE for ARM, and it has the same 'feature'. I do know we have off-map supply drains, but don't know whether we do for oil as well. Or just maybe the usage is calculated incorrectly due to the negative production we have for large cities, to simulate civil usage of oil.

"Produced in home provinces" is missing. It should show a negative number matching with all other numbers.
Maybe this funtion is not able to display a negative production ?
I play Germany often but have never seen a home province production for oil (probably beause it's still negative).

Germany uses more Oil than it produces domestically (off map settings), so until it builds enough synthetic oil plants, I suspect you won't see the "Domestic Oil Production" number as it is a negative.

Tim

Could you please check if you have Synthetic Rares plants using the oil? If so, you can turn them down to fix it, but please let me know so I can raise the tooltip omission as a bug.

Yes I can confirm what Denniss wrote. The "produced in home provinces" is missing, perhaps when the value is negative it doesn't show up. I calculated oil usage province by province and the numbers match up. Germany home produced oil value in Core is -16.41 and this value doesn't show up in the tooltip.
I think its a bug Balesir - btw sorry for suddenly dropping off from the AoD project, I have lost the interest in it back then. Still I see you contunie on doing good job polishing the game. Good luck.

There are no oil/rare plants in Core other than event-activated ones. As said it obviously is a display bug.
Modding some provinces to give them 25+ oil production in total should reactivate the oil production display as it's now positive again. I have not played AoD for some weeks, may it also affect the other ressources ?

All the other resources are positive for Germany, but I also noticed, since some construction-events of oil plants already showed up, that the off-map production is not showed up. This one is rather strange, because its shows up for all other resources except oil, I'm not sure if negative value here is important since all the values are positive. When more oil-conversions events will make the energy off-map negative we'll see.