• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Downloaded the guide... I love it, thanks Rens

?????:eek: Where? It's not up on GG yet nor on the forum.

EDIT:Oops, no sooner do I go back to the main forum than there is the Strategy Guide Topic under FAQ.

Jeez. Can someone just put the link here? I checked the V2 FAQ Thread and I don't see any link to the Strategy Guide. Sure would be great to see it.

Thanks in advance.

Register your game ;)

Register your game ;)

Yes, do this, and the FAQ section will be revealed, and the strategy guide is contained within.

Edit: If you've bought a boxed copy, or haven't bought any copy yet, you're just going to have to wait ;)

Hi,

I have a question about the strategy guide.

I want to learn the concepts of the game, but not how to play and be successful. I want to learn how to be successful on my own, but I do want to understand the game system. For example, I want to understand what will happen as the POPs consciousness goes up and how I can effect the consciousness, but I don't want to be told if you do action A you will be successful at B.

Does the strategy guide primarily explain the system or does it tell you how to be successful, or both?

Thanks

Hi,

I have a question about the strategy guide.

I want to learn the concepts of the game, but not how to play and be successful. I want to learn how to be successful on my own, but I do want to understand the game system. For example, I want to understand what will happen as the POPs consciousness goes up and how I can effect the consciousness, but I don't want to be told if you do action A you will be successful at B.

Does the strategy guide primarily explain the system or does it tell you how to be successful, or both?

Thanks
If you read both the manual and the strategy guide you should have a firm grasp of all the underlying mechanics at hand in Victoria II as well as a good understanding of your decision's effects.

As for specifically the strategy guide, it explains everything in good detail. Additionally it offers Beta testers quotes on how to help your nation toward success. It doesn't say "Do X if you want to win with Y nation" it rather explains the costs and benefits of a varying number of decisions and policies. If it does make a recommendation (for lets say technology) it explains why that is a good decision. Although, I'ven't read the whole thing.

If you read both the manual and the strategy guide you should have a firm grasp of all the underlying mechanics at hand in Victoria II as well as a good understanding of your decision's effects.

As for specifically the strategy guide, it explains everything in good detail. Additionally it offers Beta testers quotes on how to help your nation toward success. It doesn't say "Do X if you want to win with Y nation" it rather explains the costs and benefits of a varying number of decisions and policies. If it does make a recommendation (for lets say technology) it explains why that is a good decision. Although, I'ven't read the whole thing.

Thank you. My goal is to learn how things work and their effects, but without too much hand holding since I want to figure out how to succeed. It sounds like it is a good read and perhaps I will have to skip a little bit if I think it is giving away too much.

Thanks again.

I downloaded the game from gamersgate and register the game but where is the strategy guide?? There is nothing under the FAQ... all have i miss something :eek:

Dang, so you have to have the full game to see the guides now?
I'm still playing with the demo, £30 is a lot of money to me at the moment! That I can't figure the game out though is really pushing me from buying.

The guide should appear under Paradox Interactive Forums > Historical Games > Victoria 2 > Victoria 2 - FAQ here on the forum. Come to think of it I didn't dl the guide from Gamersgate, but the manual :eek:o

got it :rolleyes: .. exactly where it says it is.