• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Would be nice though if we'd get the strategy guide a bit before launch. So we're all smart and strategized when the game finally starts!

I'll be very disapointed if the strategy guide does not have a detailed analysis of how to turn Krakow into a superpower.

King posted one a few days ago.

Would be nice though if we'd get the strategy guide a bit before launch. So we're all smart and strategized when the game finally starts!

Strategy that everyone knows is just common sense.

I'm looking at the current version of the strategy guide right now. It's very pretty :p

It's not seriously up yet is it? :)

I still need to add the end page charts!

Rensslaer

Strategy Guide

Haven't seen a thread about this so I thought I might start one.

I wanted to thank Rensslaer for the great Strategy-Guide he has written (once more). It most certainly makes learning the game a lot easier. The historic sidestories in between are very nice and the quotes from (known) playtesters (RELEE, Peter Ebessen, Darkrenown) are great.

Haven't seen a thread about this so I thought I might start one.

I wanted to thank Rensslaer for the great Strategy-Guide he has written (once more). It most certainly makes learning the game a lot easier. The historic sidestories in between are very nice and the quotes from (known) playtesters (RELEE, Peter Ebessen, Darkrenown) are great.

It is evil to tease us like that ;)

This one was very useful:

Strat-guide said:
“Clerks increase output, so you get more goods for the same
input. Capitalists decrease input, you get the same output for less
input. Craftsmen increase throughput so that you get more output,
but you need more input too.”
Darkrenown

Singleton, did you get an advance copy? :p

Singleton does have special access, because of the review AARs he's written, etc.

Thank you! I appreciate it. I do hope it's as good as previous ones, though it'd be hard to beat the 3 Strategy books I did for HOI 3.

I'm told by Paradox that they're aiming for Monday to have it available in some form. Whether that means available to pre-order folks, like the Manual, or whatever, I'm not sure.

Rensslaer

I'm told by Paradox that they're aiming for Monday to have it available in some form. Whether that means available to pre-order folks, like the Manual, or whatever, I'm not sure.

Rensslaer

Seriously awesome to hear, and thank you so much for putting it together. I'm sure it'll be awesome, and more importantly, give us all something to do while we wait!

Singleton, did you get an advance copy? :p

Yes, with my press copy, and glad I am having it cause I need it! I thought everyone had got it with their serial on pre-order. :rolleyes: Apart from one or two minor things I spotted it looks finished.

You most certainly deserved praise for it, hence this thread.

Oops, sorry. Well, now you know it is something to look forward to ;)

We know that already, Rensslaer is synonyms with quality... And so are yourself, and OHgamer and pretty much everybody else, who are contributing to the pre-release excitement... So keep up the good work, and update your AAR's, guides and all the other goodies, in a fast and furious pace ;)

Last edited:
Yes, with my press copy, and glad I am having it cause I need it! I thought everyone had got it with their serial on pre-order. :rolleyes: Apart from one or two minor things I spotted it looks finished.

Thank you! I added about 8 pages of charts at the end, within the last couple of days -- don't know if you got those. They looked a little fuzzy on my draft copy, and I'd be curious to know if you could read them okay. If not, I'll release a PDF of just the charts a little later, along with some minor items that didn't quite make it in -- some late beta comments which I meant to put in but ran out of time.

Renss

They looked a little fuzzy on my draft copy, and I'd be curious to know if you could read them okay.

They are still fuzzy I am afraid. Guess that will be solved with the final version on monday.