• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I won't read it. I don't want to ruin my first experience with actual Paradox tutorial :)

I'm just starting it basically, I think the first part where they argue the name is funny. More later.

Someone wrote this in a hurry I think.:p

(about the strategy guilde)
It will also include
a list of changes or errata which may be a couple of months more up to date than the
Manual.
In a game as complex as Victoria 2, lots may change during the final 2 months
of development. Even veteran players of Paradox Games are advised to read the Strategy
Guide, because many veterans still find things worth knowing. The Strategy Guide is
also important because it is produced closer to the release date than this Manual, and so
it may contain more up to date information.

Same of all PC games these days and also a way to push SGs. I usually dont bother with manual but it's not out and im bored..

Same of all PC games these days and also a way to push SGs. I usually dont bother with manual but it's not out and im bored..
So far, all Strategy Guides of Paradox games have come for free. You can access them in the subforums of the chosen game once you've registered for them.

Those POPs which have special function, such as Clercks and Bureaucrats, must be of the correct National Culture in order to cuntribute their talents.
So if as GB you have indian Bureaucrats in India the will do nothing?

Last edited:
As GB Indians Bureaucrats are not of the primary culture in British India, but yes of the local culture. Is it considered "correct" National Culture for them?

Btw "which have special function, such as Clercks and Bureaucrats"... And which more? Clergy, Officers?

I found it kinda sad that Health care is still only increased POP growth, really doesn't make much sense. Increased literacy growth and other stuff representing longer lifespan would've made more sense.

Message log seems to have buttons that allow you to easily filter out for example events, war declarations, diplomatic deals and so on.

"The military of a Dominion is under the direct control of its master during times of War."

dont know if this is in the manual but its in the tech guide, it says that you can build synthetic oil factories, but from what i can find synthetic oil was only used in any type of scale during ww2, so i find its inclusion a bit odd.

As GB Indians Bureaucrats are not of the primary culture in British India, but yes of the local culture. Is it considered "correct" National Culture for them?

Btw "which have special function, such as Clercks and Bureaucrats"... And which more? Clergy, Officers?

Slaves and Aristocrats too, I think. Don't know about farmers, labourers, craftsmen or artisans.

Don't know about farmers, labourers, craftsmen or artisans.
Perhaps these are the ones witout "special function". Anyway "in order to cuntribute their talents"... at all or in some measure?

Btw:
Literacy is a positive factor in how likely a POP is to want to promote into a higher level POP like Clergy or Bureaucrat.
So literacy only afects to the chance of getting promoted to those two kinds of POPs. Is in this way?