• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Am I the only one with problems opening the manual?
Something about adobe reader not being able to extract some integrated font.
Right click the link and save it on your PC first. I also had the same problem when I directly wanted to open the link but then everything was fine once I opened the saved pdf file.

If the manual is to be believed (from a screenshot), it seems that Montréal's population is 100% Anglo-Canadian! :mad: Not accurate at all (VIP had Québec's population right).

It is not at the start of the game, however if the screenshot is from later in the game and there has been immigraition and assimilation, then perhaps the francophone population has been overwhelmed by Angolphone immigrants.

Of course, screenshots in manuals generally come from beta versions and may depict elements of gameplay that may not longer produce similar results as shown.

It is not at the start of the game, however if the screenshot is from later in the game and there has been immigraition and assimilation, then perhaps the francophone population has been overwhelmed by Angolphone immigrants.

Of course, screenshots in manuals generally come from beta versions and may depict elements of gameplay that may not longer produce similar results as shown.

Ok. That really worried me (as you may have seen) as this was a bug in Vanilla Vicky and Ricky that endures to this day. Québec's grande dame (dixit O!G) is pleased:D

The manual says that provinces can be taken in peace agreements, and the state will then become 2 states.

Is that correct, or has this changed since the manual was written?

dont know if this is in the manual but its in the tech guide, it says that you can build synthetic oil factories, but from what i can find synthetic oil was only used in any type of scale during ww2, so i find its inclusion a bit odd.

Alternate history...thus...alternate science and industry proliferation and change.

Same as in the original Vicky. Seems reasonable that the mechanic remains.

I seem to recall at several times people complaining that PI was going remove single province annexation and force full state annexations...

I must have misread their statements..

I seem to recall at several times people complaining that PI was going remove single province annexation and force full state annexations...

I must have misread their statements..

That's still the state of our knowledge.

However I suppose there may be exceptions - province cession through events, war goals like "recover cores" when cores are only on a part of a state... such stuff.

I have saved the tech guide to PDF in my documents and still cannot read it. Strangely though I can read the manual and map PDFs fine. My Acrobat reader has the most recent updates. Any ideas?

That's still the state of our knowledge.

However I suppose there may be exceptions - province cession through events, war goals like "recover cores" when cores are only on a part of a state... such stuff.

Most everything is based on the State now, but there are weird circumstances past game-start that could still result in States being divided between countries -- as you note, plus rebels, etc. To my knowledge, no you wouldn't be able to trade individual provinces in peace treaties. There are divided states at game-start though.

Rensslaer