+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Cool bits in the manual

Star Swirl the Bearded Baneslave's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Prinz Wilhelm View Post
    I thought so at first, but I wasn't sure if the manual itself was copyrighted along with the game (presumably it is, otherwise it'd be a bit weird.)
    Why wouldn't it be? (And it is copyrighted unless otherwise stated)

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Am I the only one with problems opening the manual?
    Something about adobe reader not being able to extract some integrated font.
    Gotikiller's Pop Splitter v 5.5 (Updated by Dietmar1982) - Download: Mediafire! and wiki
    Details about the splitter

Ordnung muß sein Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Dietmar1982 View Post
    I had no problem with opening it.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEast India CompanyDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLegioThe Kings Crusade
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Dietmar1982 View Post
    Right click the link and save it on your PC first. I also had the same problem when I directly wanted to open the link but then everything was fine once I opened the saved pdf file.
    si vis pacem para bellum Laws are like sausages. It's better not to see them being made.-Otto von Bismarck
    Member of the OTFTRC - Off Topic Friends of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus -------- Istanbul Panorama 360°
    OttoMania - your link to the Ottoman Culture and Lifestyle in EU III
    ................. Neo-Ottomans thread
    Who is this Tunch Khan? I thought Djem de Sayd was the only Ottoman Pretender the Christians had their hands on? ~ aylo1
    To be honest, this thread might as well be closed now. We've seen Tunch Khan - I can't see that there's anywhere else to go from here. ~ Austen
    Turkey in HOI2 - OTTOMANIA ~ Mod and Modular Pack for Victoria 2 - VIEW THREAD
    ........ **Thread Monster** ... History, with all her volumes vast, hath but one page.

Victoria's Plastic Surgeon OHgamer's Avatar
    EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV

In Columbus OH, but dreaming of the White Isle.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Niptium View Post

If the manual is to be believed (from a screenshot), it seems that Montréal's population is 100% Anglo-Canadian! Not accurate at all (VIP had Québec's population right).
    It is not at the start of the game, however if the screenshot is from later in the game and there has been immigraition and assimilation, then perhaps the francophone population has been overwhelmed by Angolphone immigrants.

Of course, screenshots in manuals generally come from beta versions and may depict elements of gameplay that may not longer produce similar results as shown.
    2014 will hopefully allow me to be more active with Paradox games than the last few years

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    EUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by OHgamer View Post
    It is not at the start of the game, however if the screenshot is from later in the game and there has been immigraition and assimilation, then perhaps the francophone population has been overwhelmed by Angolphone immigrants.

Of course, screenshots in manuals generally come from beta versions and may depict elements of gameplay that may not longer produce similar results as shown.
    Ok. That really worried me (as you may have seen) as this was a bug in Vanilla Vicky and Ricky that endures to this day. Québec's grande dame (dixit O!G) is pleased
    VIVE LE QUÉBEC LIBRE !

«Votre empire est une vieille catin habituée à se faire violer par tout le monde [...] Vous oubliez que la France est victorieuse» (Napoléon aux plénipotentiaires autrichiens)

I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but the manual says that more starting scenarios may possibly be added later through Mods or patches.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out my "Improved economical policies Mod" for Victoria 2

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneEuropa Universalis IVWarlock 2: The Exiled

I liked the part that implied that your ships had limited ranges based on your port level.
    Liberalism is the Opiate of the Masses

The manual says that provinces can be taken in peace agreements, and the state will then become 2 states.

Is that correct, or has this changed since the manual was written?
    "For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others."

"When we are unwilling to draw clear moral lines between free societies and fear societies, when we are unwilling to call the former good and the latter evil, we will not be able to advance the cause of peace because peace cannot be disconnected from freedom."

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Gatkramp View Post
    The manual says that provinces can be taken in peace agreements, and the state will then become 2 states.

Is that correct, or has this changed since the manual was written?
    Same as in the original Vicky. Seems reasonable that the mechanic remains.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by nibelungvalesti View Post
    dont know if this is in the manual but its in the tech guide, it says that you can build synthetic oil factories, but from what i can find synthetic oil was only used in any type of scale during ww2, so i find its inclusion a bit odd.
    Alternate history...thus...alternate science and industry proliferation and change.
    --From ..A book Bernard Cornwell's Vagabond.
    "...They tried to ambush the coin for my ransom, if you believe it! It was just envy, it seems, for he was poor."

"And now he's dead, my lord?" Thomas asked, amused.

"Dear me, no" his lordship said reprovingly, "he's in a very deep hole in the bottom of my keep. Deep down with the rats. I throw him coins every now and then to remind him why he's there."

Time of Reckoning: Of Diplomacy, Empire and Intrigue AAR Thread

MP IRC Channel for EU3

Quote Originally Posted by chris8b View Post
    Same as in the original Vicky. Seems reasonable that the mechanic remains.
    I seem to recall at several times people complaining that PI was going remove single province annexation and force full state annexations...

I must have misread their statements..
    "For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others."

"When we are unwilling to draw clear moral lines between free societies and fear societies, when we are unwilling to call the former good and the latter evil, we will not be able to advance the cause of peace because peace cannot be disconnected from freedom."

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Gatkramp View Post
    I seem to recall at several times people complaining that PI was going remove single province annexation and force full state annexations...

I must have misread their statements..
    That's still the state of our knowledge.

However I suppose there may be exceptions - province cession through events, war goals like "recover cores" when cores are only on a part of a state... such stuff.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k club

I have saved the tech guide to PDF in my documents and still cannot read it. Strangely though I can read the manual and map PDFs fine. My Acrobat reader has the most recent updates. Any ideas?

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan07 View Post
    That's still the state of our knowledge.

However I suppose there may be exceptions - province cession through events, war goals like "recover cores" when cores are only on a part of a state... such stuff.
    Most everything is based on the State now, but there are weird circumstances past game-start that could still result in States being divided between countries -- as you note, plus rebels, etc. To my knowledge, no you wouldn't be able to trade individual provinces in peace treaties. There are divided states at game-start though.

Rensslaer
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Império Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3