• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(52751)

Captain
Jan 11, 2006
bunkerarchaeology.net
Hi,

I thought I remember that this was one of the fixes in AoD, but I am having issues trying to get strat. rockets to hit the provinces I select. Instead they will hit other provinces in the same region, sometimes multiple times even if there are no resources left in that province. Also, once in a while, if I target London for example, the rocket's red arrow will point to London, and the rocket will fly there, but then slide over and attack another province instead!!

All in all, strategic bombardment with rockets still requires extreme micromanagement... I would like to see some way for them to operate like strat bombers and continue the mission indefinitely but require IC for reinforcement cost to replenish rockets/supplies.

Upvote 0
i presume that you got it on strategic attack? Have you made it that it will attack only the province rather the area? when you start a mission you can choose to go for either Province, area or region.

oh yeah, Strat rockets are only useful for nukes. their too costly to deal any real damage. (Unless you unleash over a 100 of these rockets then that's just overkill.)

i presume that you got it on strategic attack? Have you made it that it will attack only the province rather the area? when you start a mission you can choose to go for either Province, area or region.

OK, so I realized that I was leaving it on the default of area attack. HOWEVER, when I set it to province, in most of the cases the rocket refuses to actually attack the province... it just sits at its home airfield for ever. But as soon as I select area it will attack (almost always a province that's already been bombed flat).. So this is still a huge bug!!

hmmm that is a bug. it's a good thing that you posted here then.

Can you provide more details of how this occurs? Does this happen,for example, if you start as Germany in the 1944 campaign?

Ideally, can you send us a savegame where you can reproduce this bug?