• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Japan would be a lot more fun if there were a bunch of different countries to unite. As it is, it just feels too early to raid China's coast (two thousand years too early) and it doesn't feel right invading Korea either.

Japan would be a lot more fun if there were a bunch of different countries to unite. As it is, it just feels too early to raid China's coast (two thousand years too early) and it doesn't feel right invading Korea either.

Aye. China should probably have more pressure elsewhere so they don't gobble up all of Korea etc either. Haven't seen a war that I wasn't firmly commited to that they didn't win.

Or was Korea under chinese control in this period like it would be later on?

i have a suggestion that i actually got to work my self and....i sorta messed up uberly....with the mod it self....i took the liberty of modding the Rimp mod into magna terra making it some what Magna Terra: Rimp
pretty much all i did was add in the resources because the climate thing is retarted in my opinion i left that out......
i added in all the resources from that into it in the long run but 1 resource got messed up in the process if im right it was just amber because the resource precious metals uses the same in province picture.....which means i will have to go through and replace manually and then the green arrow that shows theirs a free slot looks like grain....if you want to use my Addition to the mod as an updated version ill post it but if not i have a version no one else has....so if u want to help pm me and i get u the mod but i might also have modded some provinces to the country i play as i can fix that easier i have originals of the Magna Terra Asian provinces.......but long story short can u help me fix the picture problem?
So as a suggestion the resources from rimp are more reaslistic......than some of the in game ones so i added them in to make game more interesting if u think its a good idea ill be glad to help....
(more Specifically the amber good has been deleted, papyrus dosent show up as a picture when u look at a province, game shows as papyrus, game dosent show up at all when you click on a picture, the green arrow has disapeared and is now grain, province paleoveneti shows up as no resource i think it will cause the game to crash so im going to repalce and see what happens....,when u click trade good view it shows all the provinces correctly)

Last edited:
Just some observations while I've been playing as Etruria lately:

1 - Corsica is connected by land bridge to the southern part of Sardinia (Karalis, I believe) as opposed to the northern part - surely the land bridge should be to the closest part of Sardinia?

2 - Infamy doesn't seem to accumulate. I can conquer as many territories as I like and never accumulate infamy for annexation. My infamy is therefore always at '0'. Perhaps this makes the game a little easy?

3 - Roman characters, and some others, in start dates before the Phyrric war all have 5-5-5 stats for martial, charisma and finesse. At some point will these be altered to give more 'individuality'?

Just some minor points there. I'm really enjoying the mod - keep up the good work!

Just some observations while I've been playing as Etruria lately:

1 - Corsica is connected by land bridge to the southern part of Sardinia (Karalis, I believe) as opposed to the northern part - surely the land bridge should be to the closest part of Sardinia?

2 - Infamy doesn't seem to accumulate. I can conquer as many territories as I like and never accumulate infamy for annexation. My infamy is therefore always at '0'. Perhaps this makes the game a little easy?

3 - Roman characters, and some others, in start dates before the Phyrric war all have 5-5-5 stats for martial, charisma and finesse. At some point will these be altered to give more 'individuality'?

Just some minor points there. I'm really enjoying the mod - keep up the good work!

1 - Of course it's an error, when I split Sardinia I forgot to correct the adjacencies

2 - That's strange, I don't change anything with infamy. Must check it.

3 - They are so many, and I don't know Roman history that well. I have no plans to change it, but if someone does I'll be very happy to include it.

Thanks!

Here are some suggestions:

1) Is there anyway you can add a technology to do with the discovery of the Monsoon winds that would allow you to trade with India from places like Arabia and Egypt? In the real world this is something that mariners discovered around 100 bc or thereabouts and allowed the Romans to grow rich from trade with India.

2) For Buddhism, it would be cool to have some sort of Decision for Ashoka the Great to send missionaries out to the Greek World and install Buddhism as a religion there. This is what he actually tried to do.

3) I noticed that at the start of the Phyrric Wars, Rome is both at war with Picentis and in an alliance with them. I am guessing this is an error right?

4) Is there anyway to stop Phyrrus sending his army to Emporion in the Phyrric Wars instead of fighting in mainland Italy when Epirus is controlled by the computer? Even if you play as Epirus and land his army in Italy and then swap back to playing as Rome he will still walk his army all the way across Italy and head towards Emporion and Massilia, really annoying!! Maybe one way would be to not have Massilia in the Phyrric War (i.e. turn off their alliance with Rome - they were not involved in that conflict anyway as far as I know), you could then compensate by giving Rome additional manpower.

Wondering if this is feasible, a decision that opens up multiple "Convert to 'X'" religious decisions, but only fires if the leader is that religion. That way we can easily replicate the conversion of the Roman Empire to Christianity or other big empires (Maurya, Chinese, Japan, etc.).

This would also make it feasible for a breakaway region to identify with the non-converted populace.

On a separate note, I think it is very cool how a migrating horde of Tibetan Buddhist Warriors managed to occupy most of Sarmatia in my game and convert the area into a military tribe of Buddhists. It is now the largest religion on the planet...

Here are some suggestions:

1) Is there anyway you can add a technology to do with the discovery of the Monsoon winds that would allow you to trade with India from places like Arabia and Egypt? In the real world this is something that mariners discovered around 100 bc or thereabouts and allowed the Romans to grow rich from trade with India.

No, if the provinces are connected by sea provinces, they are able to trade. Some sort of distance range to trade would be good, but Rome doesn't have this mechanism.

2) For Buddhism, it would be cool to have some sort of Decision for Ashoka the Great to send missionaries out to the Greek World and install Buddhism as a religion there. This is what he actually tried to do.

Yeah buddhism is mostly unexplored yet, I made only the simple events present currently, there is a lot of room to expand. These new events would fit nicely to the christianity expansion in AD too.

3) I noticed that at the start of the Phyrric Wars, Rome is both at war with Picentis and in an alliance with them. I am guessing this is an error right?

Yes, that was an error, but I think it was already corrected in the last version.

4) Is there anyway to stop Phyrrus sending his army to Emporion in the Phyrric Wars instead of fighting in mainland Italy when Epirus is controlled by the computer? Even if you play as Epirus and land his army in Italy and then swap back to playing as Rome he will still walk his army all the way across Italy and head towards Emporion and Massilia, really annoying!! Maybe one way would be to not have Massilia in the Phyrric War (i.e. turn off their alliance with Rome - they were not involved in that conflict anyway as far as I know), you could then compensate by giving Rome additional manpower.

I don't know, one never knows what the AI will do, anyway it seems intelligent: Massilia is isolated and easily defeated, when they finish it they can turn to Rome only.

Borne2Run said:
Wondering if this is feasible, a decision that opens up multiple "Convert to 'X'" religious decisions, but only fires if the leader is that religion. That way we can easily replicate the conversion of the Roman Empire to Christianity or other big empires (Maurya, Chinese, Japan, etc.).

This would also make it feasible for a breakaway region to identify with the non-converted populace.

On a separate note, I think it is very cool how a migrating horde of Tibetan Buddhist Warriors managed to occupy most of Sarmatia in my game and convert the area into a military tribe of Buddhists. It is now the largest religion on the planet...

Yes, that sounds very possible, and I thought of that too, currently for example a country is more likely to convert to buddhism if the country is buddhist. A decision like that needs to be careful to not change country religions left and right. Also when researching Anuradhapura I saw that from a point they were converted to Buddhism by a son of Ashoka or something like that.

Buddhism and its expansion are very cool unfortunately I don't know enough of it and I'm more driven into add more provinces and countries currently, but yes, I think that's a good improvement that can be made. In the world of events Magna Terra is very lacking and it would make it much better.

Currently those little states in the Arabian peninsula are so easy to gobble up by the Ptolemies or the Seleucids. Here are some ways to make it no so easy to build a massive ahistorical Arabian Empire:

1) Spawn bigger pirate cohorts in the Red Sea and Persian Gulf, currently I see these little 5 ship pirate cohorts appearing there, but if those were 10 ship cohorts that would make it much harder to clear out those seas and stop seaborn invasions of those Yemeni kingdoms.

2) get rid of the closest Peninsular Arabian nations and just replace them with grey empty provinces (i.e. that one called "Asca") is really easy to conquer and then acts as a base for the big powers to assemble their armies. It would be much better if the only Arabian nations were the border ones like Nabatea and then a big barbarian gap and then the ones down at the bottom in Yemen. This would mean that in order to conquer those Yemeni nations, the Greeks would either have to send their armies through empty barbarian provinces and risk attrition or barbarian attacks, or build a bunch of ships and launch a sea invasion but having to contend with the pirates there.

3) Make the barbarian provinces have more barbarians and lower supply limits so that sending a big army through the Arabian peninsula is like a suicide mission, by the time your army reaches the Yemen it has been decimated by attrition and barbarian attacks.

4) Make those Arabian kingdoms stronger, is there a way to give them more characters with 9 and 10 martial. I have noticed that the small nation of Pontus usually survives because they always get a whole bunch of 9 or 10 martial characters which helps to make up for their small size. Can the same be done for those little Arabian nations?

5) Maybe start those Arabian nations off in alliance with each other? That way it will be a little harder to take them out one by one.