• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Here's another screenshot from the same game, showing the close of the war in Asia:

1944-results-2.png

Most of the territory controlled by Communist China was given to them by the Soviets after they invaded Manchuria. You can also see a small Communist Korea "liberated" by the USSR after they clawed their way into Korean territory.

AOD seems to have altered how much partisan activity there is in occupied territories. In previous versions of SMEP I had written events to simulate partisan activities in Benelux, Serbia, and Greece for the Axis... now those events seem to make partisan activity actually LESS effective! I guess I should remove the events :confused:

Results of a hands-off game as Cuba in the 1944 scenario, just to show off SMEP's awesome post-war border system :)

1944-results-1.png

The FRG is substantially larger than in our timeline, while the DDR is a mere one province... and neutral Czechoslovakia will be surrounded in flames should World War III break out :D

For those who don't know, SMEP uses capital-capture events to determine who controls what in the post-war environment. In the above scenario, no one managed to capture Prague, leaving Czechoslovakia neutral... while Belgrade was captured by the USA, making Yugoslavia join the Allies.

Anyone have anything cool to show off? Or complain about?

Some countries, like Italy and Yugoslavia, seem to have their capitals in odd places. Also, in your picture, Dobruja is owned by Romania and not Burgaria. Is that because the Vienna dictate didn't happen? Otherwise I believe Burgaria should own the province instead.

Except these minor points, the picture looks quite good, an excellent proof that SMEP is working with AOD beautifully.

I should download this and start having a look through to help you squash bugs......

(Reserved)

Some countries, like Italy and Yugoslavia, seem to have their capitals in odd places.

Yes... I'm trying to whip up some post-war "setup" events that move capitals to correct locations and install appropriate governments. But I'm having issues with the governments. Any help is appreciated.

Also, in your picture, Dobruja is owned by Romania and not Burgaria. Is that because the Vienna dictate didn't happen? Otherwise I believe Burgaria should own the province instead.

Whoops. That was my general ignorance, not a bug. I didn't think they were allowed to keep Southern Dobruja after the war :( lol

Except these minor points, the picture looks quite good, an excellent proof that SMEP is working with AOD beautifully.

:D Thanks! Appreciated.

I should download this and start having a look through to help you squash bugs......

(Reserved)

I've squashed so many bugs recently that I am going to upload a new beta build right now. It's live. Re-download now :) Should be compatible with current saves.

This isn't from the newest beta, so if it's fixed disregard this. I wanted to finish up my current game before installing that.

Bug: If the Soviet Union loses and goes down the drain, Turkestan is supposed to be released in the disintegration. This works fine, but it's named UNKNOWN STRING WANTED. Also, it seems to be the same gray as Germany. Could that be changed for clarity?

This isn't from the newest beta, so if it's fixed disregard this. I wanted to finish up my current game before installing that.

Bug: If the Soviet Union loses and goes down the drain, Turkestan is supposed to be released in the disintegration. This works fine, but it's named UNKNOWN STRING WANTED. Also, it seems to be the same gray as Germany. Could that be changed for clarity?

The name is fixed and the colors are fine on my end because I'm using Sexxicolors... which I suppose I should upload or release with SMEP. In the past I hadn't because some people didn't like it and it caused problems with multiplayer (I think).

The name is fixed and the colors are fine on my end because I'm using Sexxicolors... which I suppose I should upload or release with SMEP. In the past I hadn't because some people didn't like it and it caused problems with multiplayer (I think).

So is sexxicolors compatible with aod?

Last edited:
My SMEP WTF Moment

Playing as the US...early 1943...chasing Jap carriers around the Pacific...kicking the Italians out of North Africa and primarily just watching Germany completely overunning Russia.

Stalin sues for peace...bitter peace...and THEN...

Germany accepts a return to the status quo! The borders revert to the Mol-Rib Pact lines. All that Russian territory which was a moment ago gray...is now red once more.

Huh? I say again...huh?

I liked the additional flavor that SMEP had provided. But...huh? whaaat?

Playing as the US...early 1943...chasing Jap carriers around the Pacific...kicking the Italians out of North Africa and primarily just watching Germany completely overunning Russia.

Stalin sues for peace...bitter peace...and THEN...

Germany accepts a return to the status quo! The borders revert to the Mol-Rib Pact lines. All that Russian territory which was a moment ago gray...is now red once more.

Huh? I say again...huh?

I liked the additional flavor that SMEP had provided. But...huh? whaaat?

Give it a day or so. The border change fires AFTER peace.

Played up to 1945 as Germany and everything is going underfully. I chose Lebensraum in Russia. My new national provinces are prone to rebellion, so they still suck up troops. Are there any more events for that area? Soviet Union is completely gone.

Bulgaria loves joining the Axis early in my games... anyone having the same issue? It MIGHT be related to the Soviets claiming Bessarabia... as Bulgaria joined the Axis the day after that event fired. Ugh. I'm not sure why, I haven't dug through every new file in AoD. It's overwhelming. I don't want Bulgaria to join until the Axis invades Yugoslavia (because if Bulgaria joins before this Greece is easily annexed, making the invasion of Yugoslavia pointless). Can anyone clue me in to why this would be happening and how to fix it?

Anyone have any results to share on games so far? The USSR and Nationalist China are getting steam-rolled in 1939 hands-off games I'm watching... I assume it's a 1.04 issue and NOT the mod. But I'm not sure. Feedback appreciated.
I guess increasing AI Bulgaria's neutrality and then making an event where it joins the Axis at a certain date would solve your problem. :)

Played up to 1945 as Germany and everything is going underfully. I chose Lebensraum in Russia. My new national provinces are prone to rebellion, so they still suck up troops. Are there any more events for that area? Soviet Union is completely gone.

Nope... that's it. I'm open to suggestions, however. Just remember, SMEP tries to avoid frivolous events. :D