• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think all these event changes should have been implemented with the new 1.08 patch. Shame that it's left out.

After several games I'm pretty certain that SMEP works fine with 1.08.
One game as US got more or less screwed up as the Axis won the war by late '41 before I could even join. :-D
This has got nothing to do with SMEP, just a lucky AI...
Mod works fine, no event collisions, crashes or db isssues.

The UK when under AI control seems to take great delight in filling Malta with 20+ divisions while at war with Italy. I have seen this sort of behaviour before in vanilla AoD, but hoped it might be the sort of thing SMEP would fix. Does anyone know a way to try to prevent this?

I the edited the game start file to remove the port at Malta to stop this. I believe that it really works. I have not tested this with SEMP but only with the final 1.08 AOD game. I posted this INFO because I stumbled across this comment while revisiting SEMP for event ideas.

IRL Malta was not a safe place to dock ships at anyhow during wartime.

I the edited the game start file to remove the port at Malta to stop this. I believe that it really works. I have not tested this with SEMP but only with the final 1.08 AOD game. I posted this INFO because I stumbled across this comment while revisiting SEMP for event ideas.

IRL Malta was not a safe place to dock ships at anyhow during wartime.

You could also change the ai\eng_36.ai file. Look for line "staging_province" and put a # mark in front of Malta.

That is true. However, I don't really believe that the men get stuck on Malta by design. My bet is that they are sailing somewhere and land on Malta after a naval retreat -- and there they sit. Then the AI forgets about their prior mission and the rest is history.

Since I took the port away, no stack of tropps has ended up in Malta yet. So it seems to work.

Changing the staging province has helped in my games. I think England AI uses Malta for landings in mainland Italy and Africa.

BTW the reason I changed it in the first place was because in my hands off games I noticed that Italy was quite often rampaging in Africa and a lot of British troops were just waiting idly at Malta. Probably most of their transports were sunk and they couldn't start any bigger landings.

EDIT: I just remembered that I have also removed Malta from the "province_priorities" and "area_multiplier" lists in the eng_1936.ai file.

Last edited:
As I have posted elsewhere on the forum, I have had trouble with the purge event as the USSR. The problem appeared to be caused because the start date was commented out so it wouldn't trigger. I don't understand why such an important historical event was left like this. Can anyone explain?

I have had a quick look through some of the other events and I noticed 70010 (USSR moves against the Baltic States) is also hashed out. Is this so it is available for people to use if they are not playing the USSR, to force it to act historically? That makes sense to me.

Are there any other events that are available but set up not to fire unless edited?

My buddies and I also noticed that the purge in SEMP with AOD 108 does not seem to work.

I noticed that:

SEMP uses in event 70148:

trigger = {
minister = 4002 #Iosif in charge
}

Whereas AOD in event 2609 uses:

trigger = {
incabinet = 4002 # Iosif in charge
}

Can this be why? In theory, either should work unless the new exe file with 108 has changed that.

In my games with 1.08+SMEP, the Purge fired as it should.
It killed Zhukov ... :-(

The difference in event numbers may be because SMEP sleeps some vanilla events and activates some of its own instead.

In my games with 1.08+SMEP, the Purge fired as it should.
It killed Zhukov ... :-(

The difference in event numbers may be because SMEP sleeps some vanilla events and activates some of its own instead.

The 4 AOD events slept are 2609-2612.

The 5 SEMP purge events are 70148, 70746, 70747, 70748, 70749.

For certain, the SEMP purge events do NOT ALWAYS fire.

For certain the AOD purge events do ALWAYS fire.

Doing a hands off game as Switzerland. Japan gave in at the 2-26 incident, Sino-Japanese War started June 6, 1936 after Nat. China chose the prepare for war option with Japan reinforcing their army. Commies and Yunnan allied with China. Other history went as normal until Germany honored the Munich agreement and let Czechoslovakia live. They then concluded historical Molotov Ribbentrop, but the Poles gave in over Danzig. Outside of event, the Germans demanded and got Poznan, Torun, and Bydgoszcz. As a result, no Winter War. Italians never went at Albania until after the war had started. Same with the soviets and the Baltic states

Japan made a peace treaty with China in 1940, where they got Jiangmen near Macao, which they had taken via event. Mengkukuo kept existing. And that was it.

WW2 started June 1, 1940 over Alsace-Lorraine. France got it's butt kicked in about a month after the blitz of the Low Countries started. Italy joined the war on Germany's side. The Egyptians revolted and defected to the Axis Powers due to Italian advances in Egypt. USA elected Wendell Willkie in 1940. Siam took over Cambodia. The Blitz of Yugoslavia and Fall Weserebung happened about the same time in 1941.

When the time for Operation Barbarossa rolled around in May 1942, the Soviets declared war on neutral Poland. Germany got a conditional alliance with the Poles and installed a puppet government. Spain, Portugal, and Czechoslovakia joined the Axis Powers. After an interlude where the Soviets kicked Polish butt, the Germans came in, kicked them out, and took Moscow. Meanwhile, the Italians went on a rampage through the Middle East, causing Saudi Arabia to join the Axis. Italy and Germany met up in Persia, which had been occupied by the British and Soviets. and in 1943, the Soviets surrendered.

Iran joined the Axis, while Tannu Tuva and Mongolia broke off their alliances. Britain regained ground in Africa while the Germans went for a stroll through India. Hungary and Romania left the Axis to kill each other over Transylvania. After losing Delhi, the British bitter peace fired and they signed an armistice with the Germans. Burma, Palestine, Iraq, India, Jordan, Syria, and Lebanon got independence, and Britain left the Allies. France reunited with Vichy France, Italy set up a puppet in Egypt (again), as well as Jordan, Palestine, Syria, and Lebanon, and Germany puppeted Iraq and India. And with that, the allies collapsed, and World war 2 was over, in 1943. The Germans did not go for Mittelafrika, and annexed Belgium.

Pearl Harbor never happened. so the USA never joined the war.

Map 1, map 2 ,map 3, map 4, for postwar

Doing a hands off game as Switzerland. Japan gave in at the 2-26 incident, Sino-Japanese War started June 6, 1936 after Nat. China chose the prepare for war option with Japan reinforcing their army. Commies and Yunnan allied with China. Other history went as normal until Germany honored the Munich agreement and let Czechoslovakia live. They then concluded historical Molotov Ribbentrop, but the Poles gave in over Danzig. Outside of event, the Germans demanded and got Poznan, Torun, and Bydgoszcz. As a result, no Winter War. Italians never went at Albania until after the war had started. Same with the soviets and the Baltic states

Japan made a peace treaty with China in 1940, where they got Jiangmen near Macao, which they had taken via event. Mengkukuo kept existing. And that was it.

WW2 started June 1, 1940 over Alsace-Lorraine. France got it's butt kicked in about a month after the blitz of the Low Countries started. Italy joined the war on Germany's side. The Egyptians revolted and defected to the Axis Powers due to Italian advances in Egypt. USA elected Wendell Willkie in 1940. Siam took over Cambodia. The Blitz of Yugoslavia and Fall Weserebung happened about the same time in 1941.

When the time for Operation Barbarossa rolled around in May 1942, the Soviets declared war on neutral Poland. Germany got a conditional alliance with the Poles and installed a puppet government. Spain, Portugal, and Czechoslovakia joined the Axis Powers. After an interlude where the Soviets kicked Polish butt, the Germans came in, kicked them out, and took Moscow. Meanwhile, the Italians went on a rampage through the Middle East, causing Saudi Arabia to join the Axis. Italy and Germany met up in Persia, which had been occupied by the British and Soviets. and in 1943, the Soviets surrendered.

Iran joined the Axis, while Tannu Tuva and Mongolia broke off their alliances. Britain regained ground in Africa while the Germans went for a stroll through India. Hungary and Romania left the Axis to kill each other over Transylvania. After losing Delhi, the British bitter peace fired and they signed an armistice with the Germans. Burma, Palestine, Iraq, India, Jordan, Syria, and Lebanon got independence, and Britain left the Allies. France reunited with Vichy France, Italy set up a puppet in Egypt (again), as well as Jordan, Palestine, Syria, and Lebanon, and Germany puppeted Iraq and India. And with that, the allies collapsed, and World war 2 was over, in 1943. The Germans did not go for Mittelafrika, and annexed Belgium.

Pearl Harbor never happened. so the USA never joined the war.

Map 1, map 2 ,map 3, map 4, for postwar

Thats interesting, it does seem like a lot of cool new things can happen, not sure if its this mod or whatever other mods I through together. Anyway coolest thing I have seen happen is I was playing a USA game, and UK joined the axis very early on! It was fun to play against all of them though

Thats interesting, it does seem like a lot of cool new things can happen, not sure if its this mod or whatever other mods I through together. Anyway coolest thing I have seen happen is I was playing a USA game, and UK joined the axis very early on! It was fun to play against all of them though

This is where SMEP really shines: it covers an amazing range of possible developments and has events in store for them. In vanilla, your game was basically screwed, once two or three things went the ahistorical way. Not so in SMEP. It as an end in store for nearly all possible developments.

Oh, forgot to mention. That splattering of green in the Europe map is land owned by Czechoslovakia, who didn't get included in the Bitter Peace, and are still at war with the USSR.