• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Atruejedi

General
98 Badges
Jun 24, 2003
  • War of the Roses
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Lead and Gold
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
The SMEP 6.0 BETA for Arsenal of Democracy has finally been released.

Please report bugs here. This is a port from the Armageddon version. There will be bugs, but it is stable. Thanks!

SMEP 6.0 for AOD 1.07
Released April 20, 2011
Download HERE

IMPORTANT: For best results, activate "event 70000" (that's seventy-thousand) from the console (press F12) at the VERY BEGINNING OF YOUR GAME WITH ANY OF THE SCENARIOS. Then unpause and let SMEP do it's thing! Once at the start of the scenario is all you need. You do not have to fire it every time you load a save game.

Sexxicolors for AOD 1.07
Released April 20, 2011
Download HERE
Sexxicolors WILL change your checksum and might not work with multiplayer if your opponent does not have the mod installed too!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Wondering how to install?

(A) Either unzip the files right over your Armageddon main folder (example: C:\Games\AoD)
(B) Use the Generic Mod Enabler v2.1.0.107 to enable SMEP, available at http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Miscellaneous/Generic-Mod-Enabler.shtml

What is SMEP?​

Great question. I'm not so good at writing about what SMEP is, so I'd love it if YOU, loyal minions, have any words you'd like to share. In the meantime, let me TRY to give you a description...

SMEP leaves the core gameplay of Hearts of Iron II intact. I was very satisfied with how the game plays. However, some things were not up to snuff. These are the things SMEP attempts to address. Here are some examples...

SMEP has many peace treaty events. Infact, SMEP's work was so stable and impressive that it was included (with typos) in later Hearts of Iron II patches (see "Faith of China", which I meant to type as "Fate of China"). Treaties include...

Soviet-Japanese War
Sino-Japanese War
Russian Civil War
Russo-German War
German-American War
Japanese-American War
Franco-German War
Romano-Hungarian War (included in later HOI patches)
Romano-Bulgarian War
...and more!

Other noteworthy event chains include...

Partition of Yugoslavia
Partition of Greece
Post-War Eastern Front events
Post-War Western Front events

And perhaps my favorite... SMEP includes what I call "capital capture" events to make the Allies and Soviets war against the Nazis competitive! Americans in Budapest? Ally Hungary after the war! Soviets in Denmark? Set up a puppet regime in Copenhagen! This creates a very worthwhile experience; you are rewarded for your actions!

SMEP now includes the Consolidated China Improvement Pack, which is altered to fit SMEP's needs and goals. Thank you to the team!

RANDOM SCREENSHOTS!

Results of a hands-off game as Cuba in the 1944 scenario, just to show off SMEP's awesome post-war border system :)

1944-results-1.png

The FRG is substantially larger than in our timeline, while the DDR is a mere one province... and neutral Czechoslovakia will be surrounded in flames should World War III break out :D

For those who don't know, SMEP uses capital-capture events to determine who controls what in the post-war environment. In the above scenario, no one managed to capture Prague, leaving Czechoslovakia neutral... while Belgrade was captured by the USA, making Yugoslavia join the Allies.

Here's another screenshot from the same game, showing the close of the war in Asia:

1944-results-2.png

Most of the territory controlled by Communist China was given to them by the Soviets after they invaded Manchuria. You can also see a small Communist Korea "liberated" by the USSR after they clawed their way into Korean territory.

Last edited:
Can't say it better myself. I'll give it a try during my vacations (only three days to wait). :D

Great news

Do you have to launch event 70000 every time you load a save game or is once enough at the scenario start?

Once at the start of the scenario is all you need. You do not have to fire it every time you load a save game.

Added that to the first post. Good question. Thanks.

Why don´t you just set a day after Scenario Start as trigger for event 70000?

This would make it easier i think?

Even if a day goes by normally in vanilla, the game starts loading things SMEP doesn't like. AI ministers change, AI events fire... etc. Firing event 70000 manually at the start of the game sleeps a TON of vanilla processes that, otherwise, would have to be removed and therefore decrease compatibility with other mods.

Bulgaria loves joining the Axis early in my games... anyone having the same issue? It MIGHT be related to the Soviets claiming Bessarabia... as Bulgaria joined the Axis the day after that event fired. Ugh. I'm not sure why, I haven't dug through every new file in AoD. It's overwhelming. I don't want Bulgaria to join until the Axis invades Yugoslavia (because if Bulgaria joins before this Greece is easily annexed, making the invasion of Yugoslavia pointless). Can anyone clue me in to why this would be happening and how to fix it?

Anyone have any results to share on games so far? The USSR and Nationalist China are getting steam-rolled in 1939 hands-off games I'm watching... I assume it's a 1.04 issue and NOT the mod. But I'm not sure. Feedback appreciated.

Any countries in particular you want play-tested?

Hands-off games are fine, but if you feel like kicking some ass, a good game resulting in Allied/Soviet victory over Germany/Japan would be nice. I keep seeing Axis victory. Perhaps UK/USA/USSR would be good choices.

Speaking of peculiar new AI behaviors in AoD... watching a hands-off 1944 game now as Cuba. The war in Asia ended in Japanese defeat, upon which Korea was liberated and neutral. The Soviets immediately declared war and invaded... then, after the Chinese Civil War broke out again, Communist China ALSO declared war on Korea! This is all new to me... anyone know of any other AI changes I should be aware of?

Also, does anyone know how to make the democracies NOT release their puppets in post-war situations? As soon as Japan was defeated (Germany was already defeated), the US puppeted Japan and then RELEASED the puppet immediately. Same goes for all the other nations created in the post-war environment... Italy, Norway, Democratic Germany... ugh.