• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'll let you know what they do next, I'm really interested! Will they invade Brazil?

W4jiv.png

I'll let you know what they do next, I'm really interested! Will they invade Brazil?

W4jiv.png

Haha. Just leftover test-changes to see if the AI events were actually firing... beta, remember? :) Expect more like that. More than likely they will attempt to attack England then abort in December to build up against Russia, then abort and invade Yugoslavia then attack Russia :)

Anyone have any results to share on games so far? The USSR and Nationalist China are getting steam-rolled in 1939 hands-off games I'm watching... I assume it's a 1.04 issue and NOT the mod. But I'm not sure. Feedback appreciated.

I just did a hands-off Cuba game. Nationalist China didn't last long, though Guanxi Clique stayed neutral throughout. After China surrendered and Communist China was annexed, the Japanese declared war on Guanxi Clique. This was around 1940, it turned into a complete dead stalemate after that. That one's weird, I've never seen that happen before.

Poland/France went as normal, though I don't remember when Bulgaria joined the Axis. The Soviets got mauled after a slow start, everything just fell apart. BP took awhile to trigger, I don't know if that was random variance, though all the events after fired fine.

Italy did okay, taking Egypt and eventually sewing up the Middle East.

England did about normal until Nationalist Spain joined the Axis via the New Conquistadors event, this lead to the fall of Gibraltar and further losses for the Brits. India was safe but they lost decisively in Africa.

The USA got Pearl Harbored and never had much of an impact. This is odd, previous AoD games has shown the USA to be more proactive. I don't know if this is random luck or not, I'm leaning towards it being a fluke.

Played as USA through 1945.

Japan took over China, minus Guanxi Clique, which resulted in that weird stalemate with neither side doing much. I came in and conquered Japan and its puppets, worked out nice and pretty. When Nationalist China was released they decided to take out Guanxi Clique on their own later.

In Europe Germany did not press for Anschulss, so Austria became Germany's ally instead. Italy declared war, but got neutered by Germany, Austria because the new Italy. Poland and France were normal. Germany did not attack Russia, though I swear I saw the event where Germany declines sea lion and prepares for Russia. Russia attacks Germany and its many allies in 1942. Germany had Portugual, Spain, the Balkans, and Turkey as allies. Russia and German stalemate, border never moves, but very high causalities. As USA I take Berlin first and meet USSR from Berlin down.

Germany surrenders to American Army event fires, game crashes :(

Only crash though.

will try to figure out why

Edit: Appears to be bad luck, the game did not crash the 2nd time.

Last edited:
I download the mod but I have no idea if it is working. I typed in event 70000 but I haven't noticed any changes. Is there supposed to be a screen that pops up or something?

Soviet Purge events need to be adjusted for at least the tech teams and maybe some leaders as tech team nubers were changed. As it is now, Tukachevsky and Aliksnis(?) remain while the Charkov Factory Works and some other team are removed.

I download the mod but I have no idea if it is working. I typed in event 70000 but I haven't noticed any changes. Is there supposed to be a screen that pops up or something?

It isn't working. Use the generic mod enabler linked to in the original post. It's very easy to use. Open up the console with F12 and type "event 70000" before you unpause the game. An event will fire and voila, you're ready to go.

Soviet Purge events need to be adjusted for at least the tech teams and maybe some leaders as tech team nubers were changed. As it is now, Tukachevsky and Aliksnis(?) remain while the Charkov Factory Works and some other team are removed.

Fixed. Great find! Thank you :) If you see any more bugs like this, please inform me, I appreciate it!

Played as USA through 1945.

Japan took over China, minus Guanxi Clique, which resulted in that weird stalemate with neither side doing much. I came in and conquered Japan and its puppets, worked out nice and pretty. When Nationalist China was released they decided to take out Guanxi Clique on their own later.

In Europe Germany did not press for Anschulss, so Austria became Germany's ally instead. Italy declared war, but got neutered by Germany, Austria because the new Italy. Poland and France were normal. Germany did not attack Russia, though I swear I saw the event where Germany declines sea lion and prepares for Russia. Russia attacks Germany and its many allies in 1942. Germany had Portugual, Spain, the Balkans, and Turkey as allies. Russia and German stalemate, border never moves, but very high causalities. As USA I take Berlin first and meet USSR from Berlin down.

Germany surrenders to American Army event fires, game crashes :(

Only crash though.

will try to figure out why

Edit: Appears to be bad luck, the game did not crash the 2nd time.

The fact that TWO of you have described games in which Guangxi is not attacked by Japan is weird... I haven't seen that. Hm. The Nationalists are supposed to ally them after the war starts. Only thing I can think of is the Nationalists were at war with Guangxi when Japan attacked. That would cause Japan NOT to be at war with Guangxi.

Germany most likely DID call off Sealion and decide to attack Russia, as you described, but Germany refuses to attack if they think the odds are against them... Russia must have had a huge army. Russia will usually declare war on Germany a bit later if things don't go historically (and it appears everything worked out, to an extent).

Crashes like this usually have to do with expeditionary forces, as far as I can tell... I can't do anything about it :( Thanks for the report, hope you enjoyed the game.

Put the number of reports of Guangxi sitting out the war up to three. They have a truce with the Nats + allies, but are at peace. I do not remember whether or not they were at war with the Nats at Marco Polo.

The fact that TWO of you have described games in which Guangxi is not attacked by Japan is weird... I haven't seen that. Hm. The Nationalists are supposed to ally them after the war starts. Only thing I can think of is the Nationalists were at war with Guangxi when Japan attacked. That would cause Japan NOT to be at war with Guangxi.

I'm sure Guangxi was at war with the Nationalists when Marco Polo fired in my game. I'm going to start a new '36 game in a day or two, I'll see if it happens again.

Germany most likely DID call off Sealion and decide to attack Russia, as you described, but Germany refuses to attack if they think the odds are against them... Russia must have had a huge army. Russia will usually declare war on Germany a bit later if things don't go historically (and it appears everything worked out, to an extent).

I didn't think to mention this in my last post, but the same thing happened in my game. The Sovs declared war and it all worked out, so it's not a huge issue by itself. I wouldn't consider it a big deal in a normal game, but I wonder if AoD's various IC/spending/MP changes may require the AI to be altered? As in, AI Germany is not properly judging how the Soviets now.

If i play it multiplayer with someone, will it work without having to put event 70000?

Theoretically, it should. I've never tried SMEP in multiplayer and never had anyone report on trying. Event 70000 fires on the first day even if you don't manually fire it (but it still activates vanilla events that won't have a huge impact on an MP game).

I'm sure Guangxi was at war with the Nationalists when Marco Polo fired in my game. I'm going to start a new '36 game in a day or two, I'll see if it happens again.

I didn't think to mention this in my last post, but the same thing happened in my game. The Sovs declared war and it all worked out, so it's not a huge issue by itself. I wouldn't consider it a big deal in a normal game, but I wonder if AoD's various IC/spending/MP changes may require the AI to be altered? As in, AI Germany is not properly judging how the Soviets now.

...Know anyone who understands AI? :eek:o

I rewrote how the Unified Front events for the Sino-Japanese War work and now the "Guangxi sits out the war and is later attacked by Japan" nonsense is fixed. Wahoo. Also made tweaks to various events. No new version uploaded yet. Still waiting for more bugs to trickle in.

I'm doing a hands-off 1936 game as Cuba currently... Italy decided to leave Albania alone when the events fired... then in 1941 declared war anyway. Where's the AI to disable that? I looked in ai_italy.txt and saw nothing... suggestions?

Also, Japan took out China and declared war on Russia (which is WAD in some cases) and landed in Archangelsk... while the Germans landed north of Vladivostok! Goodness! I've neen the Japanese land on the western USSR's coast before, but the Germans in Siberia!? Has anyone else ever seen stuff like this? I really doubt it's SMEP doing it... I'm guessing it's AOD!

Lastly, the UK left like 4 divisions on the home islands... totally woulda been effed if Germany made it across the channel. Hope that's not normal either.

Edit: Oh god. Germany and Japan defeated the USSR... then Germany turned on England. The British left ZERO divisions on the home islands and Germany captured the entire island with 3 divisions! The GOOD news is the USA declared war on Germany (Japan is at peace with the Allies) and landed in force in North Africa for once... hopefully they have an effect!

Edit: The US landed 80 divisions in Morocco and SAT THERE until the British gave up... after all the post-war events fired, the US finally DID SOMETHING and blitzed all of Africa. The Italians are holding Suez and that's it. Their empire is pretty much lost. Sigh. I don't get it.

Last edited:
Thanks, wire.

Anyone know why the USSR is consistently declaring war on the UK in my current game? The war in Europe started early because German and Austria are allied and partitioned Czechoslovakia... the Balkans are all mopped up already and France is about to be invaded by Germany. I can't figure out why it's happening and it's driving me NUTS.

Results of a hands-off game as Cuba in the 1944 scenario, just to show off SMEP's awesome post-war border system :)

1944-results-1.png

The FRG is substantially larger than in our timeline, while the DDR is a mere one province... and neutral Czechoslovakia will be surrounded in flames should World War III break out :D

For those who don't know, SMEP uses capital-capture events to determine who controls what in the post-war environment. In the above scenario, no one managed to capture Prague, leaving Czechoslovakia neutral... while Belgrade was captured by the USA, making Yugoslavia join the Allies.

Anyone have anything cool to show off? Or complain about?

Last edited: