+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: SMEP 6.0 for AoD

SMEP 6.0 for AoD

The SMEP 6.0 BETA for Arsenal of Democracy has finally been released.

Please report bugs here. This is a port from the Armageddon version. There will be bugs, but it is stable. Thanks!

SMEP 6.0 for AOD 1.07
    Released April 20, 2011
    Download HERE

IMPORTANT: For best results, activate "event 70000" (that's seventy-thousand) from the console (press F12) at the VERY BEGINNING OF YOUR GAME WITH ANY OF THE SCENARIOS. Then unpause and let SMEP do it's thing! Once at the start of the scenario is all you need. You do not have to fire it every time you load a save game.

Sexxicolors for AOD 1.07
    Released April 20, 2011
    Download HERE
    Sexxicolors WILL change your checksum and might not work with multiplayer if your opponent does not have the mod installed too!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Wondering how to install?

(A) Either unzip the files right over your Armageddon main folder (example: C:\Games\AoD)
    (B) Use the Generic Mod Enabler v2.1.0.107 to enable SMEP, available at http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/...-Enabler.shtml

What is SMEP?

Great question. I'm not so good at writing about what SMEP is, so I'd love it if YOU, loyal minions, have any words you'd like to share. In the meantime, let me TRY to give you a description...

SMEP leaves the core gameplay of Hearts of Iron II intact. I was very satisfied with how the game plays. However, some things were not up to snuff. These are the things SMEP attempts to address. Here are some examples...

SMEP has many peace treaty events. Infact, SMEP's work was so stable and impressive that it was included (with typos) in later Hearts of Iron II patches (see "Faith of China", which I meant to type as "Fate of China"). Treaties include...

Soviet-Japanese War
    Sino-Japanese War
    Russian Civil War
    Russo-German War
    German-American War
    Japanese-American War
    Franco-German War
    Romano-Hungarian War (included in later HOI patches)
    Romano-Bulgarian War
    ...and more!

Other noteworthy event chains include...

Partition of Yugoslavia
    Partition of Greece
    Post-War Eastern Front events
    Post-War Western Front events

And perhaps my favorite... SMEP includes what I call "capital capture" events to make the Allies and Soviets war against the Nazis competitive! Americans in Budapest? Ally Hungary after the war! Soviets in Denmark? Set up a puppet regime in Copenhagen! This creates a very worthwhile experience; you are rewarded for your actions!

SMEP now includes the Consolidated China Improvement Pack, which is altered to fit SMEP's needs and goals. Thank you to the team!

RANDOM SCREENSHOTS!

Results of a hands-off game as Cuba in the 1944 scenario, just to show off SMEP's awesome post-war border system

The FRG is substantially larger than in our timeline, while the DDR is a mere one province... and neutral Czechoslovakia will be surrounded in flames should World War III break out

For those who don't know, SMEP uses capital-capture events to determine who controls what in the post-war environment. In the above scenario, no one managed to capture Prague, leaving Czechoslovakia neutral... while Belgrade was captured by the USA, making Yugoslavia join the Allies.
    Here's another screenshot from the same game, showing the close of the war in Asia:

Most of the territory controlled by Communist China was given to them by the Soviets after they invaded Manchuria. You can also see a small Communist Korea "liberated" by the USSR after they clawed their way into Korean territory.
    Last edited by Atruejedi; 24-03-2012 at 09:14.
    SMEP 6.0 for AOD 1.08 and Sexxicolors
    Get them here
    Latest release: March 6, 2013
    Vultures In The Sky: A Desert Fox Multiplayer AAR

Dauphinois à la Noix Karaiskandar's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Can't say it better myself. I'll give it a try during my vacations (only three days to wait).
    Awarded Fan of the Week 10. April 2010
    Awarded the Medal of Services or Knowledge towards the betterment of Canada

Great news
    "Any third-rate engineer or researcher can increase complexity; but it takes a certain flair of real insight to make things simple again." - E.F.Schumacher.

Awesome, I've only played a few games of AOD since it came out because I've been waiting for exactly this mod. Thanks very much!

Awesome! Easily one of the best HOI2 mods, I'm so glad it's out for AoD now.

Thanks for porting this.

Do you have to launch event 70000 every time you load a save game or is once enough at the scenario start?

Quote Originally Posted by THRILLHOUSE View Post
    Awesome! Easily one of the best HOI2 mods, I'm so glad it's out for AoD now.
    +1

Thanks, this are indeed very good news!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBob View Post
    Do you have to launch event 70000 every time you load a save game or is once enough at the scenario start?
    Once at the start of the scenario is all you need. You do not have to fire it every time you load a save game.

Added that to the first post. Good question. Thanks.
    Get them here

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2

Thanks, this mods always been a blast to play.

Darkest Hour Team & Lead GFX Inner Circle's Avatar
    54 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of WarCrusader Kings II: Way of Life

Blog Entries
    Why don´t you just set a day after Scenario Start as trigger for event 70000?

This would make it easier i think?

DARKEST HOUR
    1914-1963 Grand Strategy Game

Quote Originally Posted by Inner Circle View Post
    Why don´t you just set a day after Scenario Start as trigger for event 70000?

This would make it easier i think?
    Even if a day goes by normally in vanilla, the game starts loading things SMEP doesn't like. AI ministers change, AI events fire... etc. Firing event 70000 manually at the start of the game sleeps a TON of vanilla processes that, otherwise, would have to be removed and therefore decrease compatibility with other mods.
    Get them here

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

And so the people rejoiced "YAY!"
    "Politics. As exciting as war. Definitely as dangerous... Though in war, you can only get killed once. In politics it can happen over and over."

Awesome, thanks!

Edit:

Ran into a small error. '39 scenario, handsoff game with Cuba. Unknown String Wanted with Russia or England.

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/4362/errorh.png
    Last edited by Anastasia; 29-07-2010 at 18:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
    Ran into a small error. '39 scenario, handsoff game with Cuba. Unknown String Wanted with Russia or England.

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/4362/errorh.png
    I've been trying to see if the SMEP AI events are actually firing, so I did that on purpose... just forgot to make it invisible again. Don't worry, it isn't causing a problem You might see it a few other times.
    Get them here

Bulgaria loves joining the Axis early in my games... anyone having the same issue? It MIGHT be related to the Soviets claiming Bessarabia... as Bulgaria joined the Axis the day after that event fired. Ugh. I'm not sure why, I haven't dug through every new file in AoD. It's overwhelming. I don't want Bulgaria to join until the Axis invades Yugoslavia (because if Bulgaria joins before this Greece is easily annexed, making the invasion of Yugoslavia pointless). Can anyone clue me in to why this would be happening and how to fix it?

Anyone have any results to share on games so far? The USSR and Nationalist China are getting steam-rolled in 1939 hands-off games I'm watching... I assume it's a 1.04 issue and NOT the mod. But I'm not sure. Feedback appreciated.
    Get them here

Any countries in particular you want play-tested?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBob View Post
    Any countries in particular you want play-tested?
    Hands-off games are fine, but if you feel like kicking some ass, a good game resulting in Allied/Soviet victory over Germany/Japan would be nice. I keep seeing Axis victory. Perhaps UK/USA/USSR would be good choices.
    Get them here

Speaking of peculiar new AI behaviors in AoD... watching a hands-off 1944 game now as Cuba. The war in Asia ended in Japanese defeat, upon which Korea was liberated and neutral. The Soviets immediately declared war and invaded... then, after the Chinese Civil War broke out again, Communist China ALSO declared war on Korea! This is all new to me... anyone know of any other AI changes I should be aware of?

Also, does anyone know how to make the democracies NOT release their puppets in post-war situations? As soon as Japan was defeated (Germany was already defeated), the US puppeted Japan and then RELEASED the puppet immediately. Same goes for all the other nations created in the post-war environment... Italy, Norway, Democratic Germany... ugh.
    Get them here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast