+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Capitalists or the Capital - which comes first?

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Min View Post
    I truly, truly hope that subsidy can easily make a country bankrupt in Vic 2.
    Well, why wouldn't it? Subsidizing is to simply move wealth from one place to another, it isn't actually created in the process. Unless V2 has subsidy money appear out of nowhere (which judging by the dev diaries it won't), it's impossible to run a whole economy on subsidies.
    So.. digital distribution equals communism?
    I disagree SO MUCH that I have to close this thread now.
    -Kallocain

Victoria 2 Realism & Rebalance Project 2010-2014, Requiescat in Pace

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by theFreeman View Post
    I guess I won't be able to use subsides in a laissez faire govern state?
    yes
    Nostalgia is not as good as it used to be

Quote Originally Posted by KonradRichtmark View Post
    Since we are on the topic of capitalists,

Is the division of factory profits between workers and capitalists dependent on how many capitalists there are in the state? I mean (numbers just pulled out of the air to make a point), for example, if there's just 1000 capitalists they'll get 5% while if there are 10000 capitalists they'd get 20%? Or would it be the same percentage regardless of number of capitalists?

If it's the latter, I suspect it would be better to have few capitalists than many, since that'd mean less money (in absolute terms) going to support capitalist lifestyles and more towards investments.
    This is correct the more capitalists in a state the more goods they need to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Junker Ritter View Post
    If a factory is running a deficit is the only option subsidizing or destruction? Granted destroying one to make room for another, more profitable one in a state makes perfect sense - But what about mothballing a factory until you've either A) researched enough/improved infrastructure enough to make it profitable through output and efficiency or B) Improved the national surplus enough to subsidize without breaking the bank.

I'm not sure what craftsman pops would do in the interim, obviously this is a big drawback to mothballing - I'm simply asking if its an option. Thank you.
    You can withdraw the subsidies and the factory will start to fire workers. As it produces less it will become more likely to make a profit (depending on the size of your internal market). However, should it not be possible to make a profit, the factory will close. Under Laissez Faire it will be destoryed, under other government forms it will sit closed until either you destroy it or you or a capitalist play the money to reopen it.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

so you need capitalists for a factory to function?
    a State Capitalist or Planned Ecnomy state cant run factories without Capitalists to keep the wheels oiled?
    Nationality: New Zealander
    Religion: Roman Catholic
    Ideology: Distributist
    Issues: Moralism/Full Citizenship
    How did some slip of a girlyboy from communist East Berlin become the internationally ignored song stylist barely standing before you?

Don't Press the O
    "There's nothing sicker in society
    Than a lack of liquor and sobriety!"

Quote Originally Posted by Orinsul View Post
    so you need capitalists for a factory to function?
    a State Capitalist or Planned Ecnomy state cant run factories without Capitalists to keep the wheels oiled?
    Nope, Capitalists give an effieceny bonus. In something like State Capitalism they are closer to high level managers than actual owners.

Quote Originally Posted by crrr View Post
    Why can't we have dynamic POP names that change depending on the ruling ideology?
    Becuase you can't, sometimes life is cruel that way. We are doing this toughen you up for the many disapointments that life is going to throw at you.

Star Swirl the Bearded Baneslave's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Why can't we have dynamic POP names that change depending on the ruling ideology?
    I think it would just confuse new players.

200k clubCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaRome Gold
    Semper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

It is just a flavour thing. Either it will be modable or nice addition in possible future expansion

EDIT: or the one King says
    "'Religious faith. Belief in daemons, belief in spirits, belief in an afterlife and all the other trappings of a preternatural existence, simply existed to make us all more comfortable and content in the face of a measureless cosmos. They were sops, bolsters for the soul, crutches for the intellect, prayers and lucky charms to help us through the darkness. But we have witnessed the cosmos now, my friends. We have passed amongst it. We have learned and understood the fabric of reality. We have seen the stars from behind, and found they have no clockwork mechanisms, no golden chariots carrying them abroad. We have realized there is no need for god, or any gods, and by extension no use any longer for daemons or devils or spirits."

- Primary Iterator Kyril Sindermann

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

and you would benefit from that how?
    Nationality: New Zealander
    Religion: Roman Catholic
    Ideology: Distributist
    Issues: Moralism/Full Citizenship
    How did some slip of a girlyboy from communist East Berlin become the internationally ignored song stylist barely standing before you?

Don't Press the O
    "There's nothing sicker in society
    Than a lack of liquor and sobriety!"

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

And dynamic POP names is something that's very much doable, just add a file that has POP names for different ideologies
    I find your thinking hilariously naive.

Hilariously naive how? The devs have stated that the POP names are in a file that can be modded. So how is it hilariously naive to think it would be easy to have different names for different ideologies in the same file the game retrieves the names from?
    Well, just writing

name = Factory Manager when = Communist

in the file isn't going to be enough. You need to change the program itself and that is bit harder than just adding one file.

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Baneslave View Post
    Well, just writing

name = Factory Manager when = Communist

in the file isn't going to be enough. You need to change the program itself and that is bit harder than just adding one file.

I don't think he meant that either. Rather, I think he meant that it would be a simple thing to code for the devs. Not having seen the code and the general structure of the program, I can't know whether it is so.
    So.. digital distribution equals communism?
    I disagree SO MUCH that I have to close this thread now.
    -Kallocain

Victoria 2 Realism & Rebalance Project 2010-2014, Requiescat in Pace

this is the only text shown outside, so i better not put anything silly here
    Quote Originally Posted by SurgŁnoglu View Post
    Anybody who has surplus wealth can build a factory in real life. I mean, capitalists may not come from venture capital. Some, as has been said, may come from success in other means of production, and others might develop as a result of specialized educations and the creation of an owning class by the state (along the lines of National Focus).
    Yup,
    for example: when i finally earn enough cash from my job in a bank im starting my blimp factory (seriously).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5