• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I truly, truly hope that subsidy can easily make a country bankrupt in Vic 2.:D

Well, why wouldn't it? Subsidizing is to simply move wealth from one place to another, it isn't actually created in the process. Unless V2 has subsidy money appear out of nowhere (which judging by the dev diaries it won't), it's impossible to run a whole economy on subsidies.

Since we are on the topic of capitalists,

Is the division of factory profits between workers and capitalists dependent on how many capitalists there are in the state? I mean (numbers just pulled out of the air to make a point), for example, if there's just 1000 capitalists they'll get 5% while if there are 10000 capitalists they'd get 20%? Or would it be the same percentage regardless of number of capitalists?

If it's the latter, I suspect it would be better to have few capitalists than many, since that'd mean less money (in absolute terms) going to support capitalist lifestyles and more towards investments.

This is correct the more capitalists in a state the more goods they need to buy.

If a factory is running a deficit is the only option subsidizing or destruction? Granted destroying one to make room for another, more profitable one in a state makes perfect sense - But what about mothballing a factory until you've either A) researched enough/improved infrastructure enough to make it profitable through output and efficiency or B) Improved the national surplus enough to subsidize without breaking the bank.

I'm not sure what craftsman pops would do in the interim, obviously this is a big drawback to mothballing - I'm simply asking if its an option. Thank you.

You can withdraw the subsidies and the factory will start to fire workers. As it produces less it will become more likely to make a profit (depending on the size of your internal market). However, should it not be possible to make a profit, the factory will close. Under Laissez Faire it will be destoryed, under other government forms it will sit closed until either you destroy it or you or a capitalist play the money to reopen it.

so you need capitalists for a factory to function?
a State Capitalist or Planned Ecnomy state cant run factories without Capitalists to keep the wheels oiled?

so you need capitalists for a factory to function?
a State Capitalist or Planned Ecnomy state cant run factories without Capitalists to keep the wheels oiled?

Nope, Capitalists give an effieceny bonus. In something like State Capitalism they are closer to high level managers than actual owners.

Why can't we have dynamic POP names that change depending on the ruling ideology?

Becuase you can't, sometimes life is cruel that way. We are doing this toughen you up for the many disapointments that life is going to throw at you.

Why can't we have dynamic POP names that change depending on the ruling ideology?

It is just a flavour thing. Either it will be modable or nice addition in possible future expansion :)

EDIT: or the one King says :D

and you would benefit from that how?

It would definitely increase the immersion factor. Or don't you think it's a bit corny to have capitalists in charge of factories in the SU or the clergy teaching people in an atheist dictatorship? And dynamic POP names is something that's very much doable, just add a file that has POP names for different ideologies.

Hilariously naive how? The devs have stated that the POP names are in a file that can be modded. So how is it hilariously naive to think it would be easy to have different names for different ideologies in the same file the game retrieves the names from?

Well, just writing

name = Factory Manager when = Communist

in the file isn't going to be enough. You need to change the program itself and that is bit harder than just adding one file.

;)

in the file isn't going to be enough. You need to change the program itself and that is bit harder than just adding one file.

I completely disagree. It wouldn't be groundshaking to make the game reload pop types file whenever the government ideology changes.

However, I get that the devs have made their mind so no point in discussing further. :rolleyes:

Well, just writing

name = Factory Manager when = Communist

;)

I don't think he meant that either. Rather, I think he meant that it would be a simple thing to code for the devs. Not having seen the code and the general structure of the program, I can't know whether it is so.

Anybody who has surplus wealth can build a factory in real life. I mean, capitalists may not come from venture capital. Some, as has been said, may come from success in other means of production, and others might develop as a result of specialized educations and the creation of an owning class by the state (along the lines of National Focus).

Yup,
for example: when i finally earn enough cash from my job in a bank im starting my blimp factory (seriously).
:)