The Vampire Civil War
The Signs are clear. The Vampire Nosferatu the Great is returning. He shall cast the world in darkness and all mortals shall shiver in fear. Much glory & gore shall be had by those who serve him. But since his exile, the great vampire clan that he founded, has become ever more fractured. Now with his coming imminent, the fractures have blown into open civil war. Clearly only one fraction shall have the glory of welcoming Nosferatu back. The civil war is fought everywhere. In cities, towns and small villages like the one you inhabit. It is a happy little village you live in. The disappearance rate of young beautiful women is high, but save for that it is a very idyllic village. This is now over, the village streets will flow red with the blood of the innocent as the vampires try to eliminate each other. Brother will mistrust brother, father shall strike down son and the ghost of fear and paranoia will fall upon the village.
For when the wolf and the bear fights, the rabbit always loses.
§1. You sign up for the game by requesting so in a post in this thread.
§1a. No new players will be admitted into the game once it has started, unless they are replacing an existing player who is unable to play anymore.
§1b. You are responsible for keeping your private message inbox empty enough to receive private messages. You are responsible for any messages missed due to your inbox being full.
§1c. If you are not going to be able to play, announce it as soon as possible. Failure to do so will make you blacklisted, marking you as an unreliable player that won't be given a special role in the next Werewolf game you are participating in;
§1d. Multiple blacklistings may result in you being banned from ever participating again.
§2. The game is split in two phases, night and day. The bad guys hunt during the night and the villagers vote to lynch during the day.
§2a. Orders must be submitted to the Game Moderator before the deadline.
§2b. Lynchings are done by public voting. Whoever gets the most votes before the deadline is lynched. Correct voting is done by typing VOTE [INSERT NAME] in bold letters at the end of the message.
§2c. The deadline is 18:00 CET. A vote at forum timestamp 17:59 is valid. One at 18:00 is not.
§2d. A repeated inability or refusal to vote before the deadline results in REPLACEMENT, as well as being noted for future EXCLUSION from the game, UNLESS you provide a warning.
§2e. Forged Private Messages (PMs) are allowed. Screenshots of PMs are not.
§2f. PMs from the GM are not to be made public or sent to anyone else save its original target unless explicit permission is given from the GM:
§3. SPECTATORS AND GHOSTS MAY HAUNT, TAUNT AND FLAUNT, BUT NEVER REVEAL ANY INFORMATION (COMPILATION INCLUDED).
§3a. ANYONE CAUGHT REVEALING SECRET/INSIDE INFORMATION WILL BE *PERMANENTLY* BANNED FROM PARTICIPATION. NO EXCUSES ARE VALID.
§3b. When doing ghost/spectator commentary, please use a non-white (thats player color) and a non-yellow ( thats GM color) colour.
§4. The good guys win when all evildoers are dead. The evildoers win when they eliminate the other evil packs and the evil villagers equal or outnumber the good ones.
§5. The abilities of the special roles override these rules in case there is any conflict.
§5a. Nightly orders are handled in the following order:
2. Protection orders
3. Scan Orders
4. Hunt Orders.
But only the specific order will be known to the GM.
§6. The Game Moderator is always right.
§6a. If the GM is wrong, §6 will be applied..
§7. Don't trust anyone!
§7a. Don't expect to see a JL, and if there is one. Don't expect that you can trust it. If for some reason there is a JL you can trust, then don't expect this to last. Don't trust anyone!
The GM decides how many there are to be of each role and then hands them out before the game starts. Only roles guaranteed to be in the game is villager & vampire. Trust no one.
- Villager: Good. Has no special abilities or powers
- Vampire ( wolf ): Evil. Hunts people at night.
- Vampire Sorceror ( sorceror ): Evil. Is pack-specific and may each night scan a player to see if he is a (personal) Thrall, Vampire Sorceror, Vampire, Priest, Seer or Garlic Lover. He may also choose to mind-control a player instead of scanning. If all vampires in his pack die, then he will become a vampire himself.
- Thrall (cultist): Evil. Non-pack specific. Helps with parity.
- Personal Thrall (cultist): Evil. A player turned into a personal Thrall by a blodsucking vampire. He will have a Vampire/Vampire Sorcerer master, and if the master dies then so will he.
- Seer: Good. May scan a player each night to see if they are a Vampire.
- Priest: Good. May scan a player each night to see if they are a (personal) Thrall, Vampire Sorcerer, Seer or (blood) Cursed.
The following are TRAITS that may be in the game. They can be had in addition to the above roles:
- Cursed: A player who is cursed will not be killed if he is hunted at night, instead he will join his attackers as another Vampire.
- Blood Cursed: A player who is blood cursed will not be killed if he is hunted at night, instead he will join his attackers as a personal Thrall. See more below.
- Guardian Council Member: The Council consist of 5* members at start who know each other. The Council has the power to bring forth a spirit to protect a player from nightly harm. To choose who to protect each of the members cast a vote by PMing it to the GM. The vote winner is then protected, unless the outcome is invalid. The outcome will be invalid if the vote winner has just 1 vote or if he is tied with another. The name of the vote winner, if any, will be PMed back to the council members. But the specifics of the voting will not.
- Hunter: Once during the game, the hunter may choose to hunt a player. If successfull, his name will be posted in the update along with the tales of his deed.
- Doctor: May each night protect a player. If that player is attacked, then he will not die, but instead fall in a coma. After the following day and night, he will have a 50% chance of recovering and a 50% chance of dying. If he recovers, then he will learn the name of one of his attackers. If the Doctor is killed, then so are all patients in his care. A coma patient may neither PM nor post in the thread. Save for unspecific request for vengeance and RP'ing ( of a coma patient ). The Doctor cannot protect the same person 2 days in a row.
- Witness: May once during the game try to witness a vampire hunt. The chance of a successful witnessing is 10%* at the first night and then increases with 10% for each subsequent night. If successful the witness will learn the name of a vampire that hunted that night, but the vampire will also know that he was witnessed and know the name of the witness.
- Garlic Lover: Loves garlic and eats it every day, but will be unaware of this trait since he doesn't think he eats more than anybody else. Is immune to blood sucking, but vampire or hunter hunts.
- Seerish Powers: Once during the game the player may use a fully fledged seer scan.
- Priestly Powers: Once during the game the player may use a fully fledged priest scan.
*Number may change depending on final number of players.
THE SPECIAL RULES
These rules are special to this game.
No cannibalism: The taste of vampirism is foul and repelling indeed, no vampire enjoys eating one of their kind. The mere thought repels them. If a Vampire or Vampire Sorcerer is targeted in a vampire hunt, then they won't be hurt. Once the attackers realise who they are feasting on they will retreat. They will learn the role of the one they attacked, and the attacked will know they were attacked. Exception: If the vampire hunt would have resulted in the extermination of that pack, then the attackers will find the willpower to carry out the attack. Knowing they won't have to do it ever again.
Blood Sucking: The vampires may choose not to try and kill a target, but instead turn him to their side. If the attack is successful, then the player won't die but will instead gain the trait Blood Cursed. An attack or blood sucking on a player with the trait Blood Cursed, will remove the trait and turn the target into a Personal Thrall to one of the packs vampires or the Vampire Sorcerer. The pack choose the master themselves, if they fail to specify it then the master will be chosen randomly.
Mind Control: A sorcerer may choose to forgo scanning and instead use this power on a target. For each player in the game, the sorceror will now be able to dictate the result if the target scans this person, or choose not to interfere.
The sorcerer won't be aware of who was scanned. Once a target has been mind controlled, the order can be altered each subsequent night without needing to use this power. Eg, the order can be altered and a scan sent in. Sorcerers can't be mind controlled. If a mind controlling sorcerer is no more, then his evil influence won't be stopped. The last given mind controlling orders will remain in effect. A sorcerer can mind control an already mind controlled player, that makes any previous mindcontrol irrelevant. No limit on the number of people a sorceror can mind control.Originally Posted by Example Order
Layers of Protection: Each nightly protection (GA/Doc) will each only protect against one nightly attack.
ADDENDUM: I feel there are some rules I must clarify a bit.
Doctor cannot protect the same person 2 days in a row. (I forgot to edit this in until 5-6 people had joined)
Bloodsucking on a garlic lover will result in noone dying. Bloodsucking on (personal) thrall will result in that person die. Bloodsucking on a vampire/vampire sorceror will result in no hunt because of no canibalism rule.
A succesful bloodsucking attempt or a fail because of garlic lover trait will not tell the target he was attacked. (think blessed). The pack will know whether they failed or not.
Finally Villagers with a trait will henceforth be called their traits name in updates. Eg a villager hunter will be known as a hunter. I think the other thing looks stupid
GM: White Daimon
3. Raczynski the garlic lover was lynched on day 6 in a glorious tie
4. Sekenr the Malkavian Personal Thrall and Council Member commited suicide after losing his master Ciryandor on day 10
5. Lord Strange the Gangrel Vampire Sorceror was lynched on day 6 in a glorious tie
6. EUROO7 as Geoff, the talking village cow the Guardian Council Member was lynched on day 5
7. Thud subbed by Jonti-h
8. Jonti-h the Hunter was lynched on day 4
9. Lemeard the Gangrel Vampire was lynched on day 3
10. Randaker the hunter was hunted on night 1
13. Jerard the Malkavian Vampire Sorceror got hunter hunted by J. Passepartout on night 10
14. Ciryandor as Raynor the Malkavian Vampire Hunter was lynched on day 10
15. Emperor Walter was subbed by Randakar
16. Rysz the Garlic Lover was lynched on day 8
17. Steed the hunter was lynched on day 1
19. J. Passepartout as Tad 'The Tad' Taddington III.
22. humancalculator the garlic lover was lynched on day 1
23. von Loch Ness the villager was lynched on day 9
24. Polar Mongoose
25. Dublish the Gangrel Vampire Hunter was lynched on day 7
26. Rexodia48 the Gangrel Vampire Witness was lynched on day 2
Alive 11 people.
7. Thud subbed by Jonti-h
15. Emperor Walter subbed by Randakar
19. J. Passepartout as Tad 'The Tad' Taddington III.
24. Polar Mongoose