• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have come to realize that the position responsible for documentation, which I know carry, is not really suited by anyone other than the high inquisitor. Therefore, I hereby resign my position as Elder Scribe, and recommend that this position be merged with the position of High Inquisitor.

But on the other hand, since Onslaught does not seem to want to be grand treasurer anymore, I will take on that position if he does not object. :)

Originally posted by Captain Krunch
But on the other hand, since Onslaught does not seem to want to be grand treasurer anymore, I will take on that position if he does not object. :)

I don't object at all...:) Start a new Grand Treasury thread, copy the current "frontpage" to the new one and I'll announce the change in the current one (and include a link or two to the new thread).

Ideas and Questions???

What do you mean by test, and script? I do not fully understand!
I want to help but I need more info. Another thing, just a friendly idea, but as I continue reading these posts, it seems as though new titles are being created at whim, and that more order need be created and a bit more thought into a full list of titles and the responsibilities could go a long way. I would be willing to work with you Mad King James, tell me what you think? I am very good at organizing things to make sense and run at peak efficiency. The better organized a group is the more it can accomplish and set goals for in both the short and long term. I would appreciate group thought on this as well.

Thanks,

Sounds like you could perhaps run a thread focusing on an area of the world not currently focused on in any existing thread, such as India or Oceania (Australia + Pacific Sea + islands), or perhaps Japan (I don't think the China thread covers it).

I suppose so, though in an informal grouping such as ourselves we don't want to have TOO much heirarchy, I want to keep things pretty much fair where the leader is simply the first among equals.

Still, I'm open to suggestions, so I'll put the word out, how should we divide up the management? State the positions and who you think should head them up :) (and don't worry about reassigning people :p)

I think I'll hold off on taking over the grand treasury spot for now. At least until we have better organized our high council. ;)

Organizational Hierarchy???

Mad King James,

I think your idea is noble, however a semi-equal hierarchy is required for progress to be constant. What titles do we have at present, and what are their associated responsibilities? I believe we can all be equals and still get work done, however we need to know who is the master weaver of each individual piece of the puzzle we are creating, so that when we finish we may see the whole picture, rather than just our individual work or piece. I only wish to make things clearer, and help out, how many people are working on this, do we know? I think that the majority of people assisting would be open to a clearer organization hierarchy, let me know how I can help.

Now that we've had some time to sort of get into the groove of things, I think I have a better idea of what the heirarchy should look like, here's my new leadership uh.. matrix? whatever hehheh

Korath : Project Compilation / Co-Project Head
Mad King James : Installer Maker / Co-Project Head
Captain Krunch : Resource Allocation / Co-Project Head
Caligula : Betatesting Lead
Angelos : Public Relations
Onslaught : Thread Master

Regional Leadership : (Not really a position of authority, but you compile together stuff to send to Korath, make sure it's free of bugs and etc)

Russia : Onslaught
Persia : Guinnessmonkey
Poland-Lithuania : vilkouak
Africa : James Fox
Spain?
France?
HRE?
Americas : Captain Krunch
China : Sun_Zi_36
Balkans?
Anatolia?

Last edited:
Excellent MKJ. :)

It would be helpful to edit your first post with this newer information, since that is what most people will read first. And a brief description of each position would be a good idea. For example, what is Onslaught's job as "Thread Master"?

P.S. I am the regional leader of pre-columbian civilizations (on hold until country tags are handed out). I guess that means me for the Americas region.

Possibly links to the regional threads would also be convenient. ;)

Nice:) .About the balkan world,i had started a thread some time agp,but multiple relevant ones have appeared.The new project leader should try merging them...

We should keep better track of the tags... most likely, the Corsica tag will be freed in beta 3, but I fear that it won't be noticed by anyone and the tag will be presumed to still be used, and will thusly never be used at all.:eek:

Originally posted by Onslaught
We should keep better track of the tags...
I've posted an up-to-the-minute list here; it doesn't yet have the three countries that were submitted with P-L, which I haven't yet included (nor decided what to do with yet - I'd made it abundantly clear that new countries wouldn't be in Beta 2, but I'm reluctant to reject them outright).
most likely, the Corsica tag will be freed in beta 3, but I fear that it won't be noticed by anyone and the tag will be presumed to still be used, and will thusly never be used at all.:eek:
One of two things will have happened by Beta 3:
  • The user will be able to select from a big list of countries to include, or
  • my head will have exploded. *boom*

Originally posted by Korath
One of two things will have happened by Beta 3:

We really need a thread for betting and other gambling activities.;)

I've posted an up-to-the-minute list here; it doesn't yet have the three countries that were submitted with P-L, which I haven't yet included (nor decided what to do with yet - I'd made it abundantly clear that new countries wouldn't be in Beta 2, but I'm reluctant to reject them outright).One of two things will have happened by Beta 3:
we will still have a defualt or recommended choice of some kind wont we? i m happy just to have one button which says "all default". lots of ppl wont really understand the choices given, at least until they have played it a few times.

I've posted an up-to-the-minute list here; it doesn't yet have the three countries that were submitted with P-L, which I haven't yet included (nor decided what to do with yet - I'd made it abundantly clear that new countries wouldn't be in Beta 2, but I'm reluctant to reject them outright).One of two things will have happened by Beta 3:

Master Yoda said: "for doing good deeds, good people will go to Heaven" :).

"From "The History of AGC" written by Princess Irulana".