• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bad news: I must retire from the Grand Treasurer position, the sooner the better.:(

Originally posted by Mad King James
Aw :(

You've done a great job man

Thanks a lot... wasn't very hard though. I even enjoyed having the degree of power I had (combined with the very limited amount of work the position required;)).

Originally posted by Onslaught
Thanks a lot... wasn't very hard though. I even enjoyed having the degree of power I had (combined with the very limited amount of work the position required;)).
actually, just a suggestion, should the Grand Treasurer also take care of other IDs, ie, nations, leaders and monarchs in addition to events?

Leaders and monarchs are already included. Country tags should perhaps be added, though...

I suppose I will return as Grand Treasurer, for the time being, since there doesn't seem to be a replacement around yet. I can't guarantee constant high performance though, and in time it's probably best for me and the project if someone else can take over after me... but, for now, I'm back in office.

The Persia and Africa threads really do need someone else to look after them right now though; the Russia thread has grown quite big enough for me... (just compare it with any other thread in this forum;))

I have one thing to ask person who is compiling events into one install.

Make it so that changed/added events are easily recongizalbe. Either move them to new files, or to the end of Paradox original one. Its very important for ease of reviewing.

Also, some sort of readme listing changes-as much as possible-would be very, very nice.

Certainly, though perhaps a new thread, since these are a little harder to dole out than IDs, and require larger-scale discussion

Can I include culture and country tags in the Grand Treasury?

It would be immensely helpful to know which tags are being used by which nation. And we will know what tags are still free.

Can I include culture and country tags in the Grand Treasury?
Country tags: I'd rather you didn't for now, for reasons I've made clear elsewhere. :)

Culture tags: If you do, please do so as soon as you can - it means I won't have to. :) Twoflower's list of unused cultures looks accurate to my eye as a starting point, other than Cantonese which is used. You'll also want to check with the Vinland folks to see which of GC-unused ones they've activated and reserve these - I believed Krunch mentioned Inuit and Abenaki, but that there may be more. I'll need seven of the remainder for the West European culture splits.

Is there a list of all cultures anywhere?

I'd like to use the following format:
1. Reserved cultures (including any former name)
2. Unused cultures
3. Native cultures

In order for a native culture to become a reserved one, it must be included in a playable country at some point (from the beginning or through an event).

In order for an unused culture to become a reserved one, the requester must show that there is good support for the (new?) culture to be used; otherwise there wouldn't be any cultures left after a few days, thanks to the culture-minimalists ("liberal use of culture slots") out there...

In order for any culture to become an unused one, the requester must show that the culture is not currently used. Along the same lines, in order for a reserved culture to become a native one, the requester must show that the culture is currently only used in neutral provinces.

To avoid confusion and errors in the recycling of cultures, any existing "contracts" (basically, someone offers to make a native culture unused and in return gets the first shot at recycling the culture) would be listed at the bottom of the "frontpage" post.

Is there a list of all cultures anywhere?
Abenaki, Aborigin, Afghani, Aka, Albanian, Aleutian, Altai, Amazonian, Andean, Anglosaxon, Arabic, Armenian, Ashanti, Aztek, Baltic, Baluchi, Bantu, Basque, Bengali, Berber, Burmanese, Cambodian, Canary, Cantonese, Caribbean, Cherokee, Cree, Creek, Czech, Dakota, Delaware, Dravidian, Dutch, Dyola, Ethiopian, Filippine, French, Gaelic, Georgian, German, Greek, Guajiro, Gujarati, Han, Hawaiian, Hindi, Huron, Iberian, Indian, Indonesian, Inuit, Iroquis, Italian, Japanese, Javan, Khazak, Khmer, Kongolese, Korean, Kurdish, Laotian, Lithuanian, Madagasque, Magyar, Malay, Mali, Maltese, Manchu, Marathi, Mataco, Mayan, Melanese, Mesoamerican, Mississippian, Mongol, Naskapi, Navajo, None, Nubian, Patagonian, Persian, Polish, Polynese, Romanian, Russian, Ruthenian, Scandinavian, Senegambian, Shawnee, Shona, Sikh, Slavonic, Slovak, Somali, Swahili, Swiss, Syrian, Teremembe, Thai, Tibetan, Tuareg, Tupinamba, Turkish, Ugric, Ukrainian, Uzbehk, Vietnamese, Yorumba, Zapotek.

Well you can test, discuss in the ongoing discussions, script, and brainstorm ideas, or whatever you feel you can help with :)