• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Camara

General
94 Badges
Dec 28, 2008
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lead and Gold
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
New Version 2011-11-04
- Expanded map in Africa, some changes to the European province map
- A lot more countries, specially in Europe where many of tribes were added. Also Africa, East Central Asia and Southeast Asia have now more countries
- More stability on the noculture crash
- The game runs to 1229 AVC, but the technologies after ~750 are worhtless for now

The new beta patch has some new crash problems, so for now play with the regular autosaves you find ok.
It is not advised to start the game after 723 AVC. Not only the map has no changes, the game may crash because of that.

The download for the new version
Magna Terra 2011-11-04 (alternative mediafire link here)
The Province textures for the new terrain map are here. Put them in the vanilla map/cache/province_textures folder (backup the vanilla files in this folder)
Province Textures 2011-11-04 (alternative mediafire link here)
If it crashes in "creating world" and you have the province_textures in right place, try using these instructions and download the following cache.
Try checking if the province textures that you can download from Magna Terra download thread (right next to the "main" download) are in the vanilla map/cache/province_textures file.

Here are the cache files, put the "cache" in the mod map/cache folder, and the "vanilla cache" in the vanilla map/cache. The vanilla cache folder should only have these 3 files and the province_textures folder. http://www.gamefront.com/files/21526954/cache.rar (alternative mediafire link here)

Version 2011-04-07 :
Download.

If you have the crash when you click on Singleplayer:
Province Textures for new provinces: Province_textures
Put them on map/cache/province_textures folder (in the game folder, not in the Magna Terra folder)

Version 2011-04-07
- Time is pushed back to 422 AVC (331 BC) to the Battle of Gaugamela.
- All techs are pushed back too: a tech that was made for 474 is now for 422, etc, added more techs to allow them to reach the end time.
- World changed accordingly to match these earlier starts:
a) Many many countries added: Persia, Nanda, Gangaridai, Shu, Ba, Pragjyotisa, Amorites, Etruria, Picentis, Samnites, Lucani, Bruttii, Zhongshan, Song, Taxila, Paurava, Atropatene and Ruhuna. Asia, Thracia, Achaia, Cilicia, Media, Aria, Bactria, Gedrosia, India Superior and India Inferior appear sometimes in historical starts. Many thanks to Hardradi and Descartes for the flags of some of these countries.
b) Rulers added for all countries when possible, all major ones, specially monarchies, should have them. Also rulers added for some countries that previously didn't have, like minor chinese states, Anuradhapura, etc.
- Added more resources (tea, cattle, gems, chinaware, fur, silk and gold) and changed some effects of vanilla ones too. Many thanks for the MEIOU mod team for Europa Universalis III (Napoleon's Ambition version [because Rome is still in the dark ages compared to EU III ]) with the pictures of the resources
- All coastal provinces now can build triremes, but wood significantly reduce its now increased time to build
- Many weaker resources now also allow archers too
- New decisions and events:
a) Decision and events to make some specific provinces to acquire level 4 fort, AKA Great Wall of China
b) Decision and events to give flavour to China, with Mandate of Heaven, Emperors of East and West, etc (AKA Zhou is an incredibly annoying thing, it just don't die)
c) Added event to make Tibet and Arabia to be very hard to colonise, as population growth will be very harsh
d) Added events to make it possible for Macedonia to conquer Persia in almost one go
e) Added events to make buddhism spread for provinces, countries and characters, to simulate the spread of Buddhism in this era

Version (2011-01-23)
Download from GameFront
Download from RapidShare

- Fixed a bug where Tarim region transformed into Thracia (many thanks Lofman). This one possibly was the causer of some crashes.
- New flag for Chubu (equally simple)
- Au Lac can now be formed
- Imaus moved to Imaus region. Paradoxically it was on Saka region.
- Added more slaves to Kush
- Rebalanced goods in Japan
- Avanti Rebels for some reason didn't have a flag, now they do
- Nanyue and Saba colours are now more light
- Garamantes added (new culture Garamante)
- Added new provinces
a) Rework of Arabia, no PTI now
b) Expansion of Africa, new barbarian provinces and Carthage provinces too
c) Added more provinces to Italy and Greece
d) Expanded a little bit into Russia and Scandinavia (less PTI)
e) Rework also of Persian provinces' borders, with 3 provinces added
f) 2 random provinces added in Lusitania and Aethiopia
g) Total of 3 regions added (Phazania, Arabia Inferior and Hyperborea).

Version 2010-10-31
Download

If you have the crash when you click on Singleplayer:
Province Textures for new provinces: Here
Put them on map/cache/province_textures folder (in the game folder, not in the Magna Terra folder)

-New countries: Wusun, Tochari, Chubu, Arachosia and Parapamisadae.
-New characters, the rulers of: Maurya, Sunga, Kanva, Kalinga, Satavahana, Greco-Bactria, Indo-Grecia, Arachosia, Parapamisadae, Indo-Scythia, Kush and Han. I took the liberty of guessing most of the dates and relationships :p
-India reworked, twice of the previous provinces. This means India is now fun to play in... I guess. Of course I mean post-Maurya :p
-Kuninda is now in its correct place...
-Tibet removed from PTI: more provinces to colonise up there.
-New flags for the countries that had horrible ones YAY! This means the ugliness of Aorsi Magni, Dahae, Dingling, Yaudheya, Indo-Scythia, etc flags is no more. Many thansk to Serban for many flags.
-Population splits reworked a bit to give more gold to the steppe countries. I have not tested them yet...

Version 31-08-2010 :
Download

Very minor Changes
- Ship names have been corrected, now they should be at least "acceptable" (anachronistic names probably exist)
- Added characters for the kings of the warring states
- Fixed a typo on indian militia name

Notes:
- The terrain map is too ugly, don't use it
- All characters for new nations have persian-like faces
- Balance will surely be needed
- Some borders are always red (no matter they're a national border or no) and the sea borders don't exist

07-08-2010
Download

- Compatible with final 2.32(c) patch
- No more circunavigation from Japan to Lusitania
- Korea and Japan are now different cultural groups
- Korean, Japanese, Hun (Mongol) and Southeast Asian (Vietnamese) names added (this means characters', units [may be extremely odd/wrong - but still for noobs like me they sound cool :p], king/emperor titles)
- Many provinces that didn't have a port now correctly have them
- Telugu culture moved to Eastern Indian cultural group

22th July 2010 Version - for 2.32b
(I have not checked, but it may work with previous patches)
Download from Filefront here: link

Changes:

Complete overhaul of the Far East:
- China completely changed, much more provinces added
- Southeast Asia added
- Japan added
- Korea has more provinces too
- New countries added (Lu, Zou, Au Viet, Telang, Au Lac, Sa Huynh, Pyu, Buyeo, Okjeo, Ye, Mahan, Byeonhan, Jin, Wa)
- New cultures (pyu, mon_khmer, oc_eo, dian, yue, japanese)
- lac_viet renamed viet
- New religions (viet_folk, japanese_folk)
- New culture groups (southeast_asia, hun, korea_japan)
- Rivers added to Southeast Asia

Last edited:
Is this save-game compatible from the previous version (22nd July version for 2.32 beta)?

I'm not sure, but it should be. I suggest making a backup of the save and try it with this new version.

i can not seem to download the lattest version of game front the website keeps runing me arround i press the download tab only to find it dose not do anything so press the download now only to repeat my self

is there a mirror link i can use i would like to use this mod in a lan game with a few mates

thanks Small

the download worked thank you

Last edited:
Hi Camara, is this compatible with save games from the previous version? Thanks.

Yes, but it doesn't fix save games that are already broken. Anyway I fixed your save game, see the other thread.

Links updated again with a more robust fixing of the crash problem... This time it CAN fix broken saves, but the save must be ~15 days before the crash date.

Download here

I tried the latest version but it crashes on the initial load (Creating World.....). Perhaps it is because I am using the province textures from the last version (2011-1-24). Where can I download the latest version of the province textures?

Hmmm no the province textures are the same... did you put these textures in the vanilla mod/province_textures folder?

did you put these textures in the vanilla mod/province_textures folder?

I put the textures in the vanilla map-cache folder. They were in fact already there as I had the last version of the mod working fine. To install the new version of the mod I simply deleted the magna terra folder in the mod folder and the other standalone magna terra files and then extracted the latest mod files in. Hmm I wonder why the old mod worked but new release does not...