• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(210097)

Corporal
1 Badges
Jun 8, 2010
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
Soo basically in all my games I've ALWAYS built Courthouses in my provinces.
If I get a Colony I'll build a Fort then the Courthouse.
I've never built Constables because I don't like the Extra revolt risk. Though are they worth it when you combine the two? So then it's even revolt risk with Extra Direct tax?
I always feel like I'm one step closer to collapse if I'd have constables..

You can build them in any province you want, core or non-core, converted or not. Just be mindful of the revolt risk. And prioritize high tax core provinces first to get the most bang for the buck earliest.

It is an excellent strategy for a colonizer. Not only do you get the 50% tax bonus, but having a constable in every province in the world will increase demand for exotic goods by 50% of base. Same goes for tax assessors and customs house. You get the most out of market place of course - demand is quadrupled.

You can build them in any province you want, core or non-core, converted or not. Just be mindful of the revolt risk. And prioritize high tax core provinces first to get the most bang for the buck earliest.

It is an excellent strategy for a colonizer. Not only do you get the 50% tax bonus, but having a constable in every province in the world will increase demand for exotic goods by 50% of base. Same goes for tax assessors and customs house. You get the most out of market place of course - demand is quadrupled.

Yeah I only decided to colonize in the 1550's.. So I haven't got much land compared to Spain & Great Britain! But I might build the constables in my High tax provinces & then in the Colonies?

for provinces that are not dirt poor that's worth it .. for the 1,2,and 3 base tax , too , but it's much longer to pay off :D

You can build them in any province you want, core or non-core, converted or not. .

Of course you can builld them everywhere (I often do) but since the OP seemed to be very concerned about the extra revolt risk I suggested the safest places. That way he'll enjoy some additional tax income without a single extra revolt (since these 'safe' provinces should have a considerably negative revolt risk).

Extra revolt risk can be reduced by using the Provincial Court System decision :). Ultimately, I build constables even in base tax 1 provinces towards the end, when I have lots of money, and the trade value increase to my CoTs makes for very nice research speeds.

I consider Constables to be the third most important building in the game (after Level 1 Forts and Workshops). They massively increase your cash flow.

QFT. My priorities are always Fort1 Workshop Constable. Especially in colonies, which will always be your culture and (typically) your religion, just how bad is your WE and Stability that you have to worry about the RR from Constables?

-Pat

QFT. My priorities are always Fort1 Workshop Constable. Especially in colonies, which will always be your culture and (typically) your religion, just how bad is your WE and Stability that you have to worry about the RR from Constables?

-Pat
Is it worth it to build constable in colonies though? :confused: A colony only have ~50% tax compared to ~140% in the home continent. An additional 50% direct tax would be 25%base tax+workshop vs. 70% (base+workshop).

Is it worth it to build constable in colonies though? :confused: A colony only have ~50% tax compared to ~140% in the home continent. An additional 50% direct tax would be 25%base tax+workshop vs. 70% (base+workshop).
You would want to build them in land connected provinces first of course, but +50% is +50% regardless of where the province is or what it's status is. I build them in newly conquered provinces, for example, to boost that 10% to 60%. I also usually try to combine them with courthouses fairly quickly. That +2.00 revolt risk isn't a big deal under ideal circumstances (or even 1/2 decent ones) but the first time you change government for -4 stab hit (or any healthy stab hit event), it becomes more relevant.