• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Curse those foolish Timurids! How dare they refuse to assist Miran in his glorious campaign? They're just missing out on all the opportunities for glory!

I love reading your unique style of narration...tongue in cheek so to speak. It's very colorful and a lot of fun to read.

And, as for allies...they do all too often get in the way...causing trouble for them as well as you with their pity disputes with other kingdoms and such. Nasty business allies.

Fun AAR, both the narrative and the game. Your in-game position is not too bad, I think. Potential future challenge is if you want to Westernize while at the mean time needing quite some missionaries. Good luck.

Best of luck against Delhi. Not that Miran needs luck, of course.

Of course he doesn't need luck! He needs an Allah(who again?)-damned miracle! He can't carry all that glory alone!:D

Thank you hugely for the replies!

blsteen - Occasionally competent, yes. However, alas for himself, with regards to his chance of avoiding a poker up the *cough*, and Khandesh, he's most often horrendously inept!

loki100 - He is very lucky indeed. Clearly any ruler who can depend on a trusting and supportive cabinet led by someone as talented, able and loyal as Minister Hemant is enjoying stupendous luck.

Dewirix - Thank you profusely for the kind words (your bribe is, of course, in the post!). It was indeed a risky option to go to war with them, but it seemed worth the risk, as Delhi has to be dealt with, as she is growing ever more powerful. Sadly though things did not work out too well this time, despite Miran's astounding leadership.

Johan11 - Ever be aware of the dreaded early 'retirement'!

Zimbardeux - Thank you for the kind words (your bribe is en route!). I'm very glad you have been enjoying things thus far and look forward to future comments from yourself!

aldriq - Exactly. Khandesh can easily survive and prosper on her own due to the superb leadership from Miran. Uhm...on second thoughts, I'd best send out Pranjal Shimpi to beg for some new alliances...

dinofs - Indeed! Such fools, can they not tell that Miran shall lead his nation to victory after victory (providedanyopponentisfarsmallerthanKhandeshand/oralreadystrugglingbadly)!

TonyJoe - Thank you, but as you have ascertained, when you have a military skill of 3, luck is simply not needed!

Range - Thank you and indeed, damn all allies! They never prove useful. That is exactly why Pranjal Shimpi is currently begging the Timurids for a new alliance. Wait...

Grundius - Many thanks for the kind words (your bribe is in the post!). I'm not actually planning on attempting any westernisation whatsoever. This is due to my previous Oyo game where I did attemt to westernise and things did not go too well. I blame the attempted westernisation for my defeat as Oyo, rather than my being horribly over the infamy limit! Regardless, I shall not be attempting to westernise during this game, a decision I will likely come to regret!

BootOnFace - Indeed, he does not need any luck merely someone else to shoulder the ridiculous amounts of glory he is sure to win!

Sorry once again for the long delay between this update and the last, a number of things caught up with me severly curtailing my free time. Regardless, enough of my feeble excuses, I am very sure everyone is glad of my absences from the forum as it means a break from my tripe filled updates! Nonetheless, onwards.

Update Three

Having begun a war against a major rival, Miran was left unimpressed with the state of Khandesh's armed forces. His men did not have nearly enough faux realistic iron swords madeoutofwood, grey painted cloth 'metal' armour nor enough of the newly produced hardened leather helmets madeoutofpaperandspittle. These deficiencies led Miran to argue that he had to have an army which was on par with his own stupendous military abilities. He thus took the decision to improve the quality of the army, so that it would reach his own high standard.

UP10-1.jpg

As the nobles knew only too well the 'high' standard of Miran's military ability, they were less than impressed with this decision.

First blood in the war went to Khandesh, Miran leading his troops to a glorious and crushing success over the Bengal army.

UP10-2.jpg

It was Miran's great ability which had brought about this stunning success and not the fact that he outnumbered his opposition by nearly five times their number.

The war was progressing well, Delhi show scant worry with regards to Khandesh soldiers besieging her currently near defenceless land. Instead the bulk of her forces remained off to the east, engaged in her campaign against Taunga. Delhi seemingly unworried by the threat posed to her by the military genius of Miran.

Miran, for his part, was enjoying success after success. Winning yet another victory in July 1432 having bravely crushed a far smaller Delhi force, allowing his forces time to besiege the empty Sind provinces.

UP10-3.jpg

With the victory, news also of Vijaynagar's further decline. Madurai declaring independance from the stricken power in the same month, as rebels managed to gain control.

More good news followed in July, the Timurids once more succumbing to desperate pleading and grovelling on the part of Pranjal Shimpi, offering an alliance to Khandesh yet again. Despite having proven an unreliable ally but months ago, Miran gladly accepted the offer. Once again stating that he did so simply to save the Timurids from losing too much land and men to him were war between both nations to break out.

UP10-4.jpg

The province of Sind also fell to the brave Khandesh forces in the same month, who had been busy besieging the small, now defenceless nation. The Khandesh soldiers had shown previously unheard of courage in managing to brave the myriad great obstacles encountered in siege warfare; tedium, uncomfortable seating, made all the worse by the frequently suffered arrow in the backside, and constant grevious injuries such as cramp in their legs.

Whilst provinces in both Sind and Delhi were slowly falling to Khandesh's skilled and courageous siege experts, Delhi was clearly struggling against Taunga.

UP10-5.jpg

Indeed she had actually lost a province to Taungan occupation. Miran was left very happy upon learning this news. This was not because he was afraid of fighting all of Delhi's combined might should she quickly dispense with Taunga. Rather, he was happy to have another nation share the glory from his astounding occupation of Delhi, which would assuredly result in total conquest.

The last Sind province finally fell in December of 1432. Its occupation coming after the brave Khandesh soldiers finally realised they they could overcome the horror of cramp in their legs, which had thus far been holding up the progress of the siege, by simply getting up and walking about for a few minutes.

UP10-6.jpg

Annexation of Sind was ordered by Miran as soon as this last province fell. This was despite worries from the general public of Khandesh regarding how this would present Khandesh as an infamous and untrustworthy nation to other countries. Miran attempted to assauge these worries by pointing out that with a military leader of his brilliance, no nation would have the temerity to attack Khandesh, thus Khandesh could do as she wished. Furthermore the annexation brought with it the province of Kutch, which provided Khandesh with her first centre of trade. Now ever more tat was available to a happy citizenry.

Despite having only recently conquered Sind, Bakkar was made a core province of the Empire suspiciously quickly after Minister Hemant mentioned to Miran that he would be much obliged if his nephew could be made governor of one of the newly conquered provinces, making repeated reference to pokers and retirement as he did so.

UP10-7.jpg

Following the successful annexation of Sind, Miran was left hugely vexed. Despite having a talented military leader rampaging about her western border, Delhi still had the gall to ignore Miran's operations in this theatre, instead continuing to focus on the small nation of Taunga. Miran would make Delhi suffer for her lack of respect. Preferrably doing so whilst the bulk of Delhi forces remained out to the east.

Having begun sieging the many undefended Delhi provinces, a small unit in Allahabad was caught unawares by a 9,000 strong Delhi force.

UP10-8.jpg

Finally an enemy army large enough to be truly worthy of Miran's great ability.

Which was why Miran made sure he was far from the frontlines when the force was engaged once again.

UP10-9.jpg

It was not that Miran was afraid of engaging the sizeable enemy force, rather he was directing matters from afar. Taking a broader look at the situation. From miles away.

Following this defeat, September 1433 brought yet more troubling news to Miran. Deccan had declared war against Khandesh.

UP10-10.jpg

A panic striken Miran was assauged a few minutes later with news that both the mighty Timurids and the Ottomans had entered the war on his side. His panic had not been caused by the thought of going to war against the smaller nation of Deccan alone. Rather, he had feared for the devastation his military genius would have wrought upon Deccan without any allies to keep him in check.

Having let his men sacrifice themselves whilst he rested miles from the frontlines, Miran was now ready to fight the Delhi force, having desperately gathered enough men to outnumber the enemy army. With greater numbers and this self-proclaimed military legend leading the force, Khandesh would clearly triumph over the Delhi army.

UP10-11.jpg

Having been easily bested by the smaller Delhi force, Miran desperately sued for peace. He made these overtures for peace not because he was frightened to continue the war with Delhi, it was rather that as he would assuredly win all future battles, he could let Delhi off for now, whilst he dealt with the upstart Deccan.

Thus against the advice of his aides and cabinet, who pointed out that most of Delhi was still free for the taking due to her still being bogged down by her war against Taunga, a humiliating peace was agreed.

UP10-12.jpg

Truly Khandesh was lucky to have such a talented military leader.

I'm speechless....

Leading from the front is a sign of a great and courageous king. Especially in retreat.

Three cheers for Miran...(crickets)

As always my friend...great fun.

Miran appears to have a softer side, letting Delhi off the hook like he did...

By losing he's just lulling his enemies to sleep...his plans are to leap out upon them when they least expect it...catching them off guard and then running away before they can regroup...

Last edited:
What inspired leadership! Truly, how can such glory be contained within Khandesh's borders?

Very sporting of Miran to operate a sustainable warfare policy. Fight until you've obviously beaten the enemy, then let them go and you do it all over again a few years time. It's THE way to beat world conquest boredom.

tedium, uncomfortable seating, made all the worse by the frequently suffered arrow in the backside, and constant grevious injuries such as cramp in their legs.

For a moment I thought you were talking about the old Odeon in the centre of town :rolleyes:

Very sporting of Miran to operate a sustainable warfare policy.

Well, to be fair Kandesh has been pioneering sustainable warfare since 1399, remember they invented compostable weaponry :D

Thank you hugely for the replies!

Johan11 - Yes, I (uh, I mean Miran) really did make the wrong choice here. Going to war with Delhi in the first place was quite a risk, but to then surrender a considerable advantage was really the wrong choice. However I, uhm...I mean Miran, was becoming more and more worried by a number of rebels popping up within Khandesh. Furthermore the victory by that 9,000 strong Delhi force left alot of my besieging forces open to decimation by it. Nonetheless it was stupid to sue for peace when I did, I should have hung on and attempted to gain something.

RGB - Too true. Miran merely leaves the battlefield before everyone else so as to position himself ideally for rearguard duties. It is not that he is fleeing in terror.

loki100 - Thank you for the kind words (your bribe is, of course, en route to you!). Miran is indeed proving to be a stupendously accomplished leader. Accomplished at what, however, I am not quite sure yet...

Range - Exactly! Miran is a military genius, he would not cravenly surrender without having a cunning plan in mind! Quite what that plan is, neither he nor I have any idea, but it is sure to be great!

naggy - Indeed, Miran is a leader without peer! He brings so much glory to Khandesh that he constantly feels the need to share it with others, hence his peace deal with Delhi! It was not that he desperately sued for peace due to his terror induced panic, he simply wanted to share with them some of his prestige.

Dewirix - Exactly so! Its an act of folly to vanquish your opponent, far better to let him live for another day, so as to let him recuperate, regain his strength and then do battle with him once more! Wait...

Grundius - What an insult! ...to Miran. He is far more competent than me!

aldriq - Indeed! The people of Khandesh are ever forward thinking, looking to the future, wishing to leave for their children the legacy of war and hatred for another nation. Sustainable warfare; its the way to go. Doing so whilst also being environmentally friendly, in using recyclable weapons, is further proof of this belief!

Update Four

Having proven of questionable courage and unquestionable incompetence, despite Miran's many boasts regarding his martial prowess, several neighbours of Khandesh began to look with covetous eyes towards her lands, declaring war a mere month later.

UP11-1.jpg

The mighty Ottomans were sadly too far away to be able to send any actual support, thus Khandesh found herself fighting two enemy coalitions alone. Thankfully Khandesh could still rely upon the supremely talented Miran.

The detoriating situation left both Miran and Minister Hemant worried. Hemant wanted the pliable, inept fool to remain on the throne for a while longer so that he could continue to further his own goals. Miran meanwhile was becoming worried by the increasing number of pokers he kept noticing around the palace. Nonetheless this military colossus was determined to stop this worrying slide for himself, he had to re-affirm his military credentials.

Identifying Bihar's army, which was currently besieging Orissa, as the largest force arrayed against Khandesh, Miran attacked. Or rather his men did, whilst Miran situated himself in the nearby province of Indravati so as to 'oversee' the battle.

UP11-2.jpg

Greater numbers and superior leadership, due to Miran not being at the frontlines, granted Khandesh a considerable victory. Miran did however make sure to arrive on the battlefield in time to enjoy the celebrations which followed 'his' success. Also making sure to bravely attack the abandoned enemy baggage train, courageously looting it before beginning a chase of the routed Bihar force.

With Bihar having been so comprehensively beaten, the other smaller nations who had dared declare war on Khandesh quickly began to sue for peace. Worried as they were that perhaps there was some truth in the rumours of Miran's military greatness. Thus now only Bihar stood against Khandesh, and her forces had already been routed. Now with a once more confident Miran leading the large Khandesh army, Bihar would suffer.

UP11-3.jpg

With Miran leading the army, Bihar did indeed suffer. Slowly. Despite the overwhelming numerical advantage which Miran enjoyed the routed Bihar force was taking far too long to finish off. Attrition was hurting Khandesh's army and Miran was growing more and more worried with each passing battle. Finally having emerged victorious for the third time, only to have the resilient Bihar force flee once more, a panicking Miran sued for peace.

UP11-4.jpg

Khandesh's soldiers and citizens were furious. They could not believe Miran had shown a rival such mercy when complete victory had been so close. Miran was surprised at the reaction of the Khandesh people, explaining to them that he had offered a white peace due to his love of the Bihar countryside, and his wish to ravage it no further. He had certainly not offered the white peace due to his being afraid of a force less than a third of the size of his own.

Following the unpopular peace with Bihar, Miran became more and more secluded from the public. He had given the people of Khandesh countless victories. Admittedly, for many of those victorious battles he had actually been miles from the frontlines 'directing' subordinates. Admittedly too, he had provided Khandesh with countless defeats as well. Admittedly also, he had left Bihar relatively unscathed after the nation had had the temerity to attack Khandesh, despite having the chance to devaste the country. Admittedly as well, the peace with Bihar had been brought about due to his fear of a much smaller force. But yet, he had given Khandesh some victories. He thus could not understand why he did not enjoy the adulation of his people. Furthermore he was worried yet more by a seeming continued rise in the number of pokers within the palace.

Minister Hemant had noted Miran's once more waning popularity and was again worried for his compliant Sultan. There was far more Hemant yet wished to accomplish through Miran's rule. Thus he was determined to not have Miran overthrown yet. Instead, although unhappy to do so, Hemant would provide Miran with victory once more. As such Hemant changed government policy, dropping Khandesh's goal to create a navy and instead deciding to focus on the bullying of a smaller nation once more.

UP11-5.jpg

Despite the small size of Orissa, Miran was still reluctant to embark upon another military campaign. Only after Hemant told the Sultan that due to worries about Miran's health he was considering having the Sultan fustigated, did Miran hurriedly declare war upon Orissa.

UP11-6.jpg

Khandesh's new ally, the Jalayirids, had been happy to aid Khandesh in her war until learning that Miran would once more be leading Khandesh's army. Regardless, even without the help of the perfidious Jalayirids, only a fool could fail to beat such a collection of small nations. Hence the worry amongst the people of Khandesh as more of them became certain that their Sultan was indeed a fool.

The outcome of this war would prove very important, as Miran's future was looking increasingly poker shaped.