• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Make sure to appoint Taral the Minister of Education and Industry too.

It's always nice to see how motivated the AI is to settle for minor concessions even when it has a major victory at hand.

Good luck with the rest of the war. I can remember shameless backstabbing an distracted ememy has already worked somewere else.
Of course if they insist on fighting this out you might have a problem. ;)

Dammit, you are winning the war. Now I can't say FAIL! :(

;)

Good luck on this one. You have set yourself a lofty goal. If you reach it, you'll surely have gained a lot of experience writing an AAR. Not necessarily at EU3-playing though. ;)

14 ducats isn't that much , and you're already on december so census taxes will save you :D
make Deccan pay bug time!

Lucky escape, surely this will be portrayed as a great victory by Kandesh historians (rather than the truth: your diplomats convinced Sind into believing that the whole of Kandesh is worth less than 14 ducats). Who's the propaganda minister? :D

Thank you hugely for the replies!

dinofs - The 14 ducats peace offer is extraordinarily good! Sind could have finished this AAR barely after it had begun if she had simply continued fighting (for which I am sure the nation of Sind would gain the everlasting gratitude of users of this forum for getting this tosh off of here!), thus I was very glad of her peace offer.

Range - Many thanks. Taral is clearly a skilled man, he'll be made head of state very soon I am sure!

Keinwyn - I actually have no advisors at present, rather lacking the money to hire any! Instead they are just another of the character pairings which will be making an appearance during this part of the AAR, as befits the format aldriq employs. And yes, the sliders are very nice indeed!

naggy - Minster for Education; a new curriculum dedicated to learning the intricacies of selling on shoddy second hand goods, which are made under his orders as Minister for Industry! I'll ready his appointment.

loki100 - I wouldn't feel too much sympathy for Taral, he is quite a rogue, as will become clear in a few updates!

Donfodio - Indeed! I'm always happy when the AI snatches defeat from the jaws of victory. Thank you for the message of good luck, it was sorely needed, if Deccan had simply stopped fooling around in Orrisa for a few seconds, I would have been utterly crushed. Thankfully things turned out quite nicely.

Qorten - After how I fared with Oyo you can call me a failure as many times as you like! Many thanks for the message of good luck, I think it will prove needed. I will be glad of the experience, as I've long since given up attempting to improve upon my pathetic skills in EU3, I simply hope to be able to slightly increase my writing ability!

Many congratulations also on the deserved fan of the week award!

sprites - Exactly so! I'd rather pay 14 ducats then suffer near instant annexation! Deccan shall pay...

Patukov - I'm very glad you think so!

aldriq - Indeed! For years to come, Khandesh students will be proud knowing that their nation was once valued as being of roughly equal worth to a Mars bar! Propaganda is surely another job for Taral!

khanflagtopjpeg.jpg

Scene III

On the road to Thatta, capital city of Sind; Khandesh's premier diplomat, Sandesh Damle, discusses the coming meeting with his young protege Pranjal Shimpi.

SANDESH Now just remember to leave the talking to me. You are too inexperienced in this business. We have to tread carefully after Sind's occupation of Khandesh scant months ago.
PRANJAL Of course master.

The miles slip by on the road to Thatta.

UP2-5.jpg

Evidently Sind has taken pity on Khandesh after having easily occupied her one province. I'm glad of any gaurantees I can get. Even those from nations who sacked my capital mere months ago.​

SANDESH Well that went quite nicely. I'm glad you didn't mention anything about the Sind troops pillaging of our capital.
PRANJAL There was no need master, you mentioned that yourself. Repeatedly.
SANDESH Yes, well...I...uh...
PRANJAL It seemed to make the Sind diplomats rather annoyed.
SANDESH ah, well as it was me saying it, I was clearly employing a subtle and brilliant diplomatic ploy. If it had instead been coming from your mouth, it would clearly be due to your stupidity. Anyway, lets move on, we have a lot of ground to cover if we want to reach Gujarat.

The miles slip by on the road to Ahmedabad.

UP2-6.jpg

Quite why Gujarat wish to ally with a near annexed one province minor nation, who is currently at war with her larger neighbour, is beyond my comprehension. I gladly accept. Orissa is still somehow holding out against Deccan, whilst Khandesh forces besiege Deccan's few remaining free provinces.

SANDESH You are learning well my boy, you kept quiet and witnessed a skilled diplomat at work. This alliance will aid our country considerably.
PRANJAL Yes master. Master, why did you tell the Gujarati diplomat that he and his nation were a bunch of, 'lily livered cowards, who should have joined our noble fight against the tyrannical Deccan'?
SANDESH Uh...well that is a good question my boy. With more experience I am sure you will learn the skills of diplomacy, and thus be able to comprehend the excellent tactic I employed in this instance.
PRANJAL I see master. So your handing him a large bribe was in no way the actual reason for his agreeing to the alliance?
SANDESH Quite so. It was instead my gifted rhetoric which won us this alliance. Now lets be going, it is a long journey to Deccan's capital.

The miles slip by on the road to Golconda.

UP2-7.jpg

Thankfully Orissa managed to survive long enough to allow me to occupy all of Deccan's provinces without a single battle having been fought. Sadly due to Deccan occupying some of Orissa's provinces, a 100% peace deal was impossible. However these are substantial gains nonetheless, and help to hinder the still scarily large Deccan.

SANDESH There my boy, diplomacy in action, we managed to bring our nation great gains.
PRANJAL Was it not the soldiers who actually secured the gains, master?
SANDESH No, no. They may have seemingly completed most of the work, but it is my actions which are to be most lauded.
PRANJAL Oh I see now master, your gaining a gaurantee and an alliance which in no way influenced the outcome of the war, clearly proves you are the architect for this victory.
SANDESH Exactly so my boy, exactly so.

Both men rest in Burhanpur.

UP2-8.jpg

Thank goodness for that useful and timely mission. A free core, and a loss of infamy for having proven a war mongering blaggard; excellent stuff. Having gained a land border with the small Gondwana, thus allowing for the excellent Holy War casus belli to be used against them, it looks like it will soon be an opportune time for some elephant hunting.

khanflagbottomjpeg.jpg

Last edited:
Well done! Now Khandesh is a regional power!

This format looks awfully familiar. :p

Well done so far, what with an Indian OPM. As for keeping the Kingdom's most multifacetedly talented man ungainfully overemployed, that's a stroke of genius. Give him real work to do and he'll take over before you know it.

ah, well as it was me saying it, I was clearly employing a subtle and brilliant diplomatic ploy. If it had instead been coming from your mouth, it would clearly be due to your stupidity. Anyway, lets move on, we have a lot of ground to cover if we want to reach Gujarat

ah the claim of senior management all down the ages ...

I love you morningSIDEr! Your comedy skills are unparalled and your writing genius! I laughed, I cried, I lost 15 pounds!
(please send check to 1399 Horde, Mongolia, Ming Protectorate.)

Huge gains for Khandesh...diplomacy in action can be such great fun.

Horray! Another morningsider AAR. And it has nothing to do with Scotland!
Very interesting concept, I have read most of those AARs, and it will be interesting to see how you copy their AARs.