• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
maybe it's time to focus a bit more on the economy ^^
but Bihar still have its CoT and it improves the economy by quite a bit :D

The moral of this story? Never trust your jealous king-appointed physician. :D

Dewirix - I too feel for Miran. The poor guy is suffering from my usual horrendous play during a game of EU3. The peace deal with Delhi was stupid but I can defend it (just about), the peace deal with Bihar is truly indefensible. I offered peace as I did not want any of their land at the time, but I should have first polished off her army before doing so.

We players tend to lack the AI's almost suicidal stubborness when it comes to peace deals. There's many a time I've peaced-out from a war with less than what I wanted because things were beginning to look unfavourable. The computer would have grimly held on and in some cases that's the right thing to do.

Two good updates by the way. Miran is proving himself a winner, if not a great general, but who's going to remember that in a century's time?

Thank you hugely for the replies!

aldriq - Indeed, what goes around comes around! And a poker is sure to come around, or rather come up, Miran's *cough* very painfully!

FinnishFish - Very true, Khandesh's reign as supreme nation in the world is nigh with such visionary leadership from Miran!

Ashantai - Thank you! However there is no sarcasm in that sentence, as Miran truly is a leader without peer! *analysing this just typed sentence the sarcasm detector explodes*

loki100 - Thats putting it mildly!

naggy - None whatsoever. Fustigation; the cure which remedies every problem, be they of a medical nature or otherwise!

RGB - Indeed, and how splendid the Khandesh army now is due to Mian's care and attention being lavished upon it. If only he had the time to also focus such attention upon Khandesh's economy!

sprites - Yes I should pay more attention to Khandesh's economy, I have to confess I usually take little notice of the economy during games, beyond auto-sending merchants to any CoT I own! Minting within the confines of the National Bank usually lets me survive alright. Well, that and warfare. And it is warfare I turn to once again to sort out Khandesh's economy!

JDMS - And never trust 15th century medical cures!

theconfusedone - With Miran leading Khandesh, conquest is assured, thus my paintbrush is at the ready! However whether it will be Khandesh doing the conquering, or suffering conquest is another matter.

Dewirix - Thats very true with regards to the AI. I simply do not always have the mettle in fighting on for as long as I should do. As for Miran, his legacy is sure to withstand the test of time, there has never before been such a militarly colossus as the war in this update shows!

Macknull - Do not mention yellow around someone who was stupid enough to play as Scotland in a previous AAR, you shall give me nightmares of that time! I have to say I think Delhi's colour is closer to a lime green. This update though shall bring war between the two greens of India; the lime green of Delhi pitted against the khaki (?) green of Khandesh!

Update Seven

Miran was enjoying considerable support from the people of Khandesh following his victories in the last few wars. To them it seemed that Miran perhaps truly was a military genius and not merely one only in his own mind. He had brought Khandesh numerous victories, despite his noticeable absence from the actual field of battle for many of those victories. Furthermore the only real rival to his throne, General Eswara, had passed away in very suspicious circumstances. So suspicious indeed, that few dared question exactly what had happened to the talented general. Feeling that he had finally won the respect and adulation of his people, which he had long deserved for his many stunning military victories against far smaller powers, Miran made the decision to further centralise power within Khandesh.

UP14-1.jpg

Whilst Miran was certainly beginning to impress more of the Khandesh public at this point in his rule, enough remained sure that Miran was an incompetent, lucky scoundrel who had only enjoyed success against considerably weaker nations. Even then struggling to best said weaker nations. Thus the move to centralise and thus put more power into his inept hands, met with opposition.

The rebellion caused by the centralisation certainly did not worry Miran. A mere 8,000 strong rebel army had little chance of defeating his ever victorious, invincible armies. Miran was confident he would easily crush the impertinent blaggard who had dared to claim his throne. His army would never be defeated by such curs, especially with he himself leading the force against the benighted rebels who would be dispatched without delay.

UP14-2.jpg

After the shocking ambush and defeat of the small Khandesh garrison in Kongu, a defeat which was clearly only suffered due to the rebels enjoying inordinate luck, Miran decided to no longer lead the army against these evil wretches himself. He made this decision not because he was afraid of facing such a small rebel force, rather, such an action was not worthy of him. His martial genius had to be saved for more important opponents.

Following the defeated rebellion, Khandesh enjoyed some months of relative peace and prosperity until July 1444, whereupon Minister Hemant urgently sought out Miran, passing on the troubling news that the Telegu people were considering revolt. Miran was unimpressed when he heard this. He could not believe that yet more people would consider revolt against a kind, benevolent, wise and all-conquering ruler such as himself.

UP14-3.jpg

Upon reading the ultimatum from the rebel leaders, Miran quickly caved into their demands. It was not that he feared fighting the them, as it was clear that he, a gifted military leader, would easily trump such foolish rebels. Rather, the croquet season was taking up too much of his time for him to deal with the rebellion.

Miran was growing ever more worried as he approached his later years. He had gained countless victories, many admittedly against smaller nations, and he had also suffered many defeats. Nonetheless clearly to his own mind he was the greatest military leader of all time. Few could compare to his record. Yet still some within Khandesh questioned his ability. He thus felt that there was really only one way to prove for once and for all his reputation as the great leader of his and all time.

UP14-4.jpg

War against yet another considerably outnumbered, already consistently defeated, coalition of smaller states. Without doubt this war would sway anyone who still questioned his military ability.

Not only was the enemy coalition considerably outnumbered, many of the members of the opposing coalition could field no armies whatsoever, or did not have the money to pay their troops. Truly this was a foe on par with Miran's astounding military genius.

UP14-5.jpg

Victory over the unpaid, and thus hugely demoralised, smaller Rajputana army left Miran feeling jubiliant and proud of his stunning victory against the smaller, weaker foe. His genius had claimed yet another victim.

The various allies Rajputana had called upon after Khandesh's declaration of war against the small state, were quickly too beaten into submission. Soon only Rajputana herself stood against Khandesh. Miran was thus surprised to note that Khandesh's ally, Nogai, had sent men on the long journey from their homeland through the Timurids lands to the frontlines.

UP14-6.jpg

He felt such a force being sent was a slight to himself. Surely every nation knew of his military prowess, thus knowing he needed no aid during war, especially not against such a weak opponent as Rajputana. Minister Hemant slightly mollified Miran, assuring the Sultan that the Nogai troops had come simply to witness he, the military master, at work wishing to thus glean tips from him. Minister Hemant neglected to mention that he had in fact begged for Nogai to send aid with all pace, sure as he was that Miran would, through some act of shocking incompetence, bring about defeat for Khandesh against the smaller enemy powers.

With the unwanted, in some quarters, aid of Nogai, Rajputana fell quickly to Khandesh occupation. February 1446 bringing peace once again.

UP14-7.jpg

Khandesh had gained more land and an ecstatic Miran was confident now that he could claim, without fear of any argument, to be the foremost military leader of his generation. He had brought about yet another masterful defeat of outnumbered, near-bankrupt, struggling nations. Verily he was clearly the master of war.

After the war, months passed without incident. Miran was enjoying his rule as Sultan. He no longer felt the weight of expectation upon him. He had consistently delivered victory to his country. He had secured his reputation as a great leader and thus he no longer feared poker shaped objects. That is until November 1446. Miran had long warned Delhi from any further aggressive acts against any nations, safe in the knowledge that his reputation would surely stay Delhi from breaching the warning. It was then, with great shock and fear, that Miran learned from Hemant that Delhi had attacked Bihar, who now requested Miran's aid.

UP14-8.jpg

Miran's fear was not caused by any thought of fighting Delhi. Clearly he would easily triumph over such an inferior foe. Rather, he feared for the powerful Delhi itself, as the country would clearly suffer when he unleashed his wrath upon the nation. Furthermore, he feared his nemesis, Bihar, who had the audacity to call themselves a 'faithful ally'. Indeed, Miran felt it probably best to just let Delhi swallow up Bihar. That was until Hemant mentioned the word 'poker' a few times, prompting Miran to quickly muster the troops.

Minister Hemant was no fool, he knew that his liege would struggle against a truly powerful nation such as Delhi. She was no bankrupt, ailing minor nation, which were Miran's favourite opponents. If Khandesh was to have any true chance of victory, another professional military leader was called for. Hemant thus quickly authorised the recruitment of a new general. This general would be required to carry out the bulk of the fighting, for Hemant did not trust Miran for such a role. Against near dead enemies, Miran may achieve victory, but a true regional power such as Delhi was another proposition entirely. Khandesh needed a truly competent and able commander.

UP14-9.jpg

Thus it was with great dismay that Hemant noted the newly recruited general's name was, of course, Miran.

UP14-10.jpg

Nonetheless with double Miran power being unleashed upon an unsuspecting foe once again, Khandesh was clearly destined to enjoy victory yet again.

Last edited:
Looks like the two sides are pretty evenly matched. Of course, with an actually competent Miran at the helm, what could go wrong?

Wait, is that a physician?

:D

This game needs to eventually be ported to Victoria 2, if only so you can pass health care reforms (which for Khandesh, oddly reduces pop growth).

We love Miran! We love Miran! (specificity not required)

Great update! :D And a war with Dehli looks most interesting!

I'd hate to see the time that Miran has to take on the Timurids!

Ominous name choice!

Hmm, that's a pretty tricky war on the cards given that Delhi's the only opposition and so can concentrate all its forces.

Still I'm sure Miran will triumph, I'm just not sure which one.

So, is this third Miran a relative? Great update...but, I don't see any problems with Miran's leadership. He just needs a little encouragement. That way when his head swells from all the praise he won't be able to get through the door without removing his hat.

Now, it's said two heads are better than one...but, I would warn this third Miran to keep his nails trimmed...or wear gloves.

Thank you hugely for the replies!

JDMS - Evenly matched but for Khandesh enjoying fantastic leadership in the shape of double Miran power! A physician has indeed been stationed in General Kriti's camp but he is there to merely to look after him and his nails!

sjones25 - No, that would make the game far too easy as every character named Miran is ever destined to be a genius! Although I have been quite surprised by the amount of times the name Miran has come up thus far, so I had a quick look at the file;

leadernames.jpg

Noting the paucity of forenames, and the fact that six of the thirteen monarchs are named Miran, it seems as if I'll have quite a few more characters with this name in the future. I'm very glad then that the first Miran has proven such a brilliant rolemodel for all those who follow!

naggy - Specificity not required as it is clear you mean the great Sultan! How true regarding Victoria 2.

Ashantai - Thank you! The war was indeed rather interesting, primarily due to the stupidity of Delhi. I am avoiding the Timurids like the plague with Miran currently on the throne. Having a fantastic ruler such as himself at my disposal would provide too easy a victory over so large a nation!

Boris ze Spider - Indeed! Poor Kriti had best be careful, otherwise it could be the poker or the boxing gloves, not for failing in his job, but for doing it too well.

RGB - An auspicious one! Anyone named Miran is destined to prove a hugely competent and successful individual!

Dewirix - I was rather worried about war with Delhi. Surprising I know, considering I have such an excellent leader in Miran, sadly AI stupidity made the war prove quite easy. Or rather I suppose it was the double Miran power which made it prove so easy!

Range - Thank you, but it is fair to say Miran deserves the praise, he is a most accomplished leader. Accomplished at what, I am not yet quite sure. I rather think Kriti will indeed make sure that gloves prove an important part of his uniform, the chipped fingernail is a truly fatal battlefield injury after all!

blsteen - Delhi certainly did end up suffering her comeuppance, but that is to be expected when fighting two Mirans!

loki100 - I have indeed been quite surprised (pleasantly surprised of course) by the amount of Mirans I have been assigned thus far. Noting the above file, it looks as if I shall have the pleasure of being assigned a number more in the future. Lucky Khandesh, lucky me...

Update Eight

Finally the time had come, Miran had run out of smaller neighbours who he could easily best. Or rather, Miran had run out of smaller neighbours who he could struggle to defeat. Now instead he was engaged in war against a true regional power. Delhi was an equal match for Khandesh with regards to the numbers she could field. Despite this Delhi was still at a disadvantage, as she did not have the same remarkable military leadership which Khandesh enjoyed. Unable as she was to call upon the devastating power of two Mirans.

The war began with Delhi's forces scattered all along the border she shared with Khandesh. Delhi had not expected Miran to honour his warning against her in support of Bihar, his nemesis. Therefore her units were dispersed and vulnerable.

UP15-1.jpg

Miran was in his element, with the Delhi units thus scattered he could crush them easily in turn. Or rather, he would not do so, but General Kriti acting in his stead would do so. It was not that Miran was afraid of meeting Delhi in battle himself, rather, he simply felt it was best for him to stay back and oversee things, so that his men could enjoy the success brought by his shrewd directions from afar.

Instead of drawing her forces together in order to engage Miran with a large massed army, Delhi began sieging numerous Khandesh provinces with small units.

UP15-25.jpg

Miran was left bemused by this strategy. Delhi seemed to have forgotten they were fighting a military genius without peer. He was left supremely confident that he would easily crush their risibly small units. Unless, of course, this was a trap. Fearing some subtle ploy, Miran asked Hemant if the spy corps had uncovered why Delhi had made this foolish decision to keep her forces spread out. Hemant replied that it was due to Delhi's fear of Miran himself, the military colossus, that her forces were being kept dispersed so as to avoid the casualties which would ensue from any large battle fought between both nations, which with Miran's leadership, Khandesh would be sure to win convincingly.

Hemant assured Miran that this was the reason for Delhi's surprising tactical choice and that Miran should not believe the scurrilous rumours that Delhi had instead taken this bewildering strategic choice due to their complete and utter contempt and disdain for Miran's leadership. Such a rumour was clearly mere slander.

Seizing on this excellent opportunity to shatter Delhi's divided army, Miran attacked.

UP15-2.jpg

Miran Mubarak Khan Kriti that is, the Sultan happy to let the general gain victories. All such victories were truly won due to the Sultan himself after all. He may have been miles from the battlefield but the Khandesh soldiers knowing of his very prescence, knowing he was somewhere in the country, were clearly being inspired by his brave and brilliant leadership. Even if this leadership was very much from the rear.

Despite Kriti's victories being indubitably brought about due to Miran's braverly sheltering in the rear, miles from battle, Miran was still left slightly jealous by Kriti's accomplishments. Thus he felt the need to lead a force into battle himself. Leading the force into battle whilst stationing himself in an adjoining province on each occassion, that is.

UP15-3.jpg

With victory achieved over the small Delhi forces, a jubiliant Miran happily celebrated his triumph, claiming that his military skill would never be equalled. Clearly no other leader could achieve such stunning victories over smaller forces attacked in the rear whilst in enemy territory.

Once again Miran had a achieved a victory which none could surpass.

UP15-4.jpg

None except from a leaderless Khandesh force who somehow managed to trump Miran's recent stunning achievements with an even more impressive victory in Khandesh's favour.

Having defeated the many small scattered Delhi units, Khandesh's forces were able to begin their own sieges of a now near defenceless Delhi.

UP15-5.jpg

With this beginning of siege warfare, Miran beat a hasty retreat to his capital. He made this retreat not due to the fact that he was afraid to share in the dangers faced by his men, where horrific injuries such as bruised knees and scraped elbows were commonplace. Rather, he had to plan his triumphal celebrations for the end of the war, a matter which was clearly far more important.

With the various sieges progressing well, worrying news was brought to Miran. A sizeable Delhi force had finally been sighted.

UP15-6.jpg

A panic stricken Miran instantly ordered Kriti forward. He would have led Khandesh's army forward himself against the large Delhi army, but he was still too busy deciding on matters for the forthcoming celebration, puzzling over whether to order bright pink or puke green banners for the extravaganza.

Both the Khandesh and Delhi forces were similar in size and were both led by competent generals, although Khandesh would certainly suffer without Miran himself leading her army, thus the battle was likely to prove a close one. Evidently though, the invincible Khandesh army, moulded as it was by Miran to embody his martial prowess, his invicibility, his tactical genius, would emerge victorious.

UP15-7.jpg

Sadly the army did indeed embody Miran's military ability.

After this crushing defeat, a worried Miran began to ready diplomats to beg for peace with Delhi.

UP15-8.jpg

Hemant having noted with displeasure the inexcusably bad peace deal arranged by a frightened Miran with Bihar many years before, was ready for his liege's panicked demands. He quickly ordered an instant increase in the number of pokers and boxing glove clad doctors around the Palace. Miran proved surprisingly aware of this development, accepting Hemant's request for any peace talks to be postponed until the following month.

Having waited the extra month, which provided enough time for Khandesh's infamy to drop low enough for her to acquire two provinces directly from Delhi, peace was agreed.

UP15-9.jpg

A hugely damaging peace it was too, crippling Delhi and worrying Hemant. Miran had gained a massive victory over one of Khandesh's major rivals. That Miran himself had barely aided the victory was of little consequance, if his popularity continued to increased, he could prove impossible for Hemant to control in the future.

Khandesh citizens were simply amazed that their Sultan had managed to gain such a victory. Wondering to themselves once again if perhaps if there was indeed some truth in the rumours that the Sultan was a gifted military leader.

UP15-10.jpg

If so, he had managed to hide this ability until now, always appearing a fool to them. Thankfully he was however proving a lucky fool.

Last edited: